PDA

View Full Version : It went in one ear and entirely out the other.

Glowingsun
February 7th, 2009, 12:54 AM
My mom and I went out for coffee after my daughter (Candra) returned home from Nana's (my mom). And my mom was telling me about a conversation they had together about my in-laws. Apperently Candra was upset about how Granma and Grandpa tease her and call her names for fun. My mom said that Candra was adamant that she does not like it at all. Candra has never told me this before, but I took it seriously. I have seen other problems with my in-laws scoffing at Candra when she sees something that they did not. Whether it was Candra's imagination or something on a billboard that my in-laws missed, they would tell her that she's fibbing and making up stories. So I told my mom that the next time I see them I would tell them that they have to watch how they treat Candra.
I had to go to my in-laws for supper that night. And I told them exactly what my mom said and simply told them that they can not tease and call her names. Well, after supper that suggestion went right out the window. He was tickling her, (which I am not comfortable with because Candra wants Grandpa to stop an d he doesn't because he thinks she's not being serious) and made few name calls.
I am sooooo sick and tired of his ignorance that I'm about to ream him out next time I see him.

Cunae
February 7th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Well, you've got to do something. Old people can be taught to behave without making them drop dead from hurt feelings(contrary to what they would have us think). And tickling can be physically harmful. My dad used to do that to me and I hated it and him when he wouldn't stop. It actually hurt my stomach muscles and I slug anyone who even attempts to tickle me today.

It may require a sit-down where she tells them straight on to stop it Then it may take cutting them off for a while if they do it anyway.

BlueEyedWolf
February 7th, 2009, 01:17 AM
:hugz:For making them aware, and for them not listening:hugz:

I hate being tickled too. My poor hubby has been kicked for tickling my feet. I just cannot handle it well!:stomp:

Glowy
February 7th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Ugh.. my father ( I am an only child and ... a girl)

he wants to make a rough and tumble man out of my very sweet and gentle son. My lil one just turned 13. I had to tell my dad... to back off.. It was horrid.. I have had to say this more than once. My son loves his grandpa, but hates the boxing, rough stuff, and the teasing.

It is sooo hard to say it, when family thinks they are just playing, and mean well. I have had to step in and say " dad, that is not fun for him"

Kids need to be who they are. I hated being tickled.

mephistopheles
February 12th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Makes me so happy I have cool grandparents! I hate being tickled too... Can your daughter tell her grandparents that she doesn't like it? I dunno how old she is though. I suppose if she was 5 or 6, they might take it more to heart and stop than if she was 3?