PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Junkies

Kaliel
February 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Itís the third time this week sheís come to see me. Frantic about the smallest amount of communication she had with ďhimĒ and needs me to see how he feels, what he thinks, and if the future path is changed at all because of this small and minute bit of progress. I sigh to myself and calmly tap into the energies. Nothing has changed, he is still the same, and in short and honest words I give her the reassurance she needs that the future path is all on track. I donít do a full read, but send her the energy healing she seeks and send her on her way, a part of me knowing that two or three days from now sheíll be back, in that same frantic mood, worrying about another small insignificant thing.
Maybe it happened because of the old adage, ďIf we have a reading, and you donít take the path prescribed, then the path will change.Ē Maybe she is highly superstitious and thinks that if she steps on a crack she should call her mother to find out about her back. Maybe sheís just paranoid, or a worrywart, or maybe itís none of those things. Maybe sheís just a Psychic Junkie.
The term was fashioned long ago when Psychics or anyone in the spirituality, metaphysical, and alternative health field began seeing clients who were returning on a frequent basis for the therapy that in truth, they did not need.
Their reasons for coming vary from needing an update, to having new situations to explore that are related to the first issue, sometimes they just like the energy, and other times they just need someone to talk to. The reasons donít matter, but the fact that an addiction has developed does. Gently guiding the client to a more positive and strong future is always the goal.
With any form of therapy or professional assistance in life, there is generally a rule of thumb for frequency of using said service. They say, everything in moderation, see your dentist twice a year, see your doctor once a year, check your eyes once a year, see your reiki healer once a week for three weeks, and similarly, see your psychic reader, once a week when working on a situation, and once a month if you have a pertinent question.
Come for the right reasons and avoid falling into the stereotype of being a ďPsychic JunkieĒ. If a situation is going to change the course of your life, certainly, come. But donít come if the problem will resolve in a couple days. Come if youíre feeling like a basket case, but donít come if youíre looking for a quick fix. Energy healing and psychic readings aim towards positive growth spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically, we donít do the quick fix.
Above all else, when seeking psychic guidance, reiki healing, or alternative therapy, trust yourself and your own intuition, and if I havenít said it already, donít be a Psychic Junkie.

TarotCanada
April 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Well said.

Morgaine_cla
May 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
So we all know there are psychic junkies and we know what psychic junkies do, and what they shouldn't do, but what should they do instead of what they are doing? How does one stop being a psychic junkie? If we're talking about an addiction (which I think we are), then a 12-step programme might be a good place to begin. Here is an example of what you might do:

Admit that you are powerless over your addiction and that your life has become unmanageable. (You will have to stop rationalizing, justifying, and making excuses for your actions in order to accomplish this.)

Accept that a Higher Power (e.g. "the Source", "the Great Spirit", "God", etc.) exists could restore your sanity. (Hint: This Higher Power is never another being or entity with its own destiny to fulfil.)

Place yourself and your life in this Higher Power's care and then evoke and activate its power in your ilfe through prayer, meditation, and/or ritual (i.e. accept that you are not in charge of when or how the results manifest; you are only in charge of trusting that they are manifesting).

Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself (i.e. your motives, intentions, and deeds, and their consequences for yourself and for others).
Admit to the Higher Power, to yourself, and to one other person (e.g., your mother, your therapist, a confident, etc.) the exact nature of your wrongs. Do not yield to your addiction: be brief (no more than 15 minutes), offer your thanks, then go about your business -- and let your confident go about theirs.

Prepare yourself to allow the Higher Power to remove your defects of character, then humbly request that your shortcomings be amended. Trust that it shall be so. (Do not yield to your addiction by seeking reassurance from someone else. Give your trust now.)

Make a list of all those you have harmed and become willing to make amends to them, including people whose lives you may have disrupted by making your issues their issues.
Make direct reparation to each person, wherever possible, except where to do so would injure them or others. (Again, be brief and move on.)

Admit that you are human, that change takes time, and resolve to continue taking your personal inventory and making amends for your errors and wrongs day to day.

Without fail, ground, centre, shield, and do things which affirm your sense of self-empowerment and your unique sense of self on a daily basis. (Hint: Self-empowerment cannot come from other people; it comes from within.)

Ask the Higher Power daily for guidance and then listen and watch to see how that guidance is manifest. (Do not give in to your addiction.Trust your own observations, rather than going to others for reassurance.)

Apply these principles in all of your activities and affairs.

TheWomanMonster
May 17th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Personally I had a bit of this problem when Against The Tide was in England and we were unsure of how things could progress. Only I was the reader and the querant at the same time.
All I could do was resign myself to the fact that things were in motion and only time and patience would lead us to our goal.

I've had friends do this to me as well - after a time I told them I couldn't read any more on the same question until the situation changed. That seemed to settle them down some and allow things to move forward.

riftdrifter
May 24th, 2009, 04:20 AM
what if your a psi who seems caught in perpetual argument . . . with the scum of the earth . . . ?

I just want my life back . . . !

brymble
May 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
[SIZE=4][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]So we all know there are psychic junkies and we know what psychic junkies do, and what they shouldn't do, but what should they do instead of what they are doing? How does one stop being a psychic junkie? If we're talking about an addiction (which I think we are), then a 12-step programme might be a good place to begin. Here is an example of what you might do:

I actually know more people addicted to 12-step programs than I know psychic junkies. 12-step programs work very well for some people, but they are not for everybody. Their success rate is questionable.

It's been my experience, as a professional, that not every client who is a problem client is necessarily what I would consider an addict. Most of them are going through a rough patch, and having trouble letting go. I give them 3 visits, and if I don't see changes I give them a referral to a low-cost counselor or therapist and don't read for them again for at least a month.

Human
July 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Which book is this in? I've read it before, and it's really irking my nerves that I can't remember.

aranarose
July 22nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I try to limit clients to one reading a month, simply because usually there won't be much change in a situation in a month. Certainly not in a week, and definitely not in a day, unless the client does something huge and life-altering, which is quite rare.

I've had Psychic Junkies come to me. They burned me out. It's why I take breaks, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months, like my most recent. Because they are energy drainers. And attention seekers. And every reading I do for them fulfills that desire to be the center of attention, whether I want it to or not, because the reading is about them.

I remember vividly on client, and ultimately, she was the client that pushed me off of a particularly large and lucrative web/phone line service. Starts with a K, ends with an N... anyway... I made myself available a LOT on that site, because the money was decent, and I was trying to build a reputation. And she would call daily. Sometimes multiple times a day. She was obsessed with her neighbor, and if he so much as looked out his window in her general direction, she'd call. "Does it mean he wants me? Are we finally going to get together?" Her obsession was driving him away. He initially liked her, and it could have gone to a relationship, love, more even. I saw great potential for more. But she got obsessed, and that obsession killed that future. She was draining, frustrating, and finally, I blocked her. And a HUGE chunk of change every month that was coming from her as well. But the energy put into trying to get her to see what she was doing to herself and him wasn't worth all the money in the world.

Johnathan Brisby
July 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
heres a great link on filter feeders and suckers i found recently:

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/realvampire/vampireguide401.html

alot of people dont know the difference, a sucker is a natural, whereas a filter feeder (what the above person was describing) is not. suckers have a "draw" that you can feel strongly in your solar plexus- they dont need attention they just take what they want, and it feels kinda good if you ask me. a filter feeder has no draw, no vacuum, they just pester and irritate you in hopes of you discharging bursts of emotional energy

brymble
July 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I try to limit clients to one reading a month, simply because usually there won't be much change in a situation in a month. Certainly not in a week, and definitely not in a day, unless the client does something huge and life-altering, which is quite rare.

I usually say most frequently every 2 to 4 weeks, but that's because I pair the readings with hypnosis ("Write your own ending!" haha) which takes about 2 weeks to know if the results are really setting or if there needs to be more work done.

I think the beauty of offering a combined service is that you can expect clients to actually DO something to CHANGE their situation, not just perpetually whine about the future.

I've just started seeing clients again after a long break, btw! Not online, though, and word-of-mouth, not advertised yet. I kind of want to build up enough of a local rep to act as a "weirdo filter" when I do start advertising again.

Johnathan Brisby
July 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I usually say most frequently every 2 to 4 weeks, but that's because I pair the readings with hypnosis ("Write your own ending!" haha) which takes about 2 weeks to know if the results are really setting or if there needs to be more work done.

I think the beauty of offering a combined service is that you can expect clients to actually DO something to CHANGE their situation, not just perpetually whine about the future.

I've just started seeing clients again after a long break, btw! Not online, though, and word-of-mouth, not advertised yet. I kind of want to build up enough of a local rep to act as a "weirdo filter" when I do start advertising again.

great advice

you set the pace- if someone gets a drug-like rush off your energy, then charge them for your time. if you have to tell a few fibs about a heavy schedule or another appointment, so be it. put a price on your emotional health because noone else will. you have to make it crystal clear to some people that you are not free and that they cant treat you like garbage.

riftdrifter
September 21st, 2009, 08:57 AM
look deeper into the root cause of the problem and give the person suggestions to end the crisis they are experiencing and as always remember to remain neutral

eric.coe
September 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hey this is nice to read all these Physics Junkies. but I think these much knowledge is too much for me to handle with. And I am getting Overflow it.Lolzz

REGARDS.