PDA

View Full Version : More cat myths?

RaheemsMusing
February 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I don't know if there are any myths revolving around brown, spotted cats, but I'm curious if there are, and I thought this would be a good place to start looking for some. I know there's lots of myths surrounding black cats, and it seems like there's usually a couple of myths attached to a lot of animals, so I'm just wondering if any of you know of any myths about cats with this kind of coloring:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/tahnij13/Squeek.jpg

Thanks!

Glowingsun
February 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I read somewhere that if you look between the ears of any cat while they seem to be staring at nothing, you will see that they are looking ghosts.

I think black cats are the only ones with superstitions attached to them. The myths are still strong today, the humane society is abundant with black cats because my city is so conservative and superstitious.

LunarSoldier
September 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
There must be many legends about different types of cats. They say that the original domestic cat was striped (a little like the beautiful cat in your photo) as the Egyptians bred them first, I think. Myths and legends spun from this.

Raven Reed
September 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
The only cat myth I can think of other than the black cats ones are that big ears make a good mouser. I don't know where I read it or when, but that is it.

~Nixie
October 9th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I've read that the cats originally associated with witches are orange tabby cats, not black ones. I'm not sure if that's true though.