PDA

View Full Version : I've Officially Lost my Bleedin' Mind

sidhe
February 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
...or I'm so sane it'll blow your mind.

I'm chatting with one of my Rosicrucian buddies recently, bemoaning the lack of CM activity/groups locally. Says he, "Dude, why don't you take some of the OSOGD materials, adapt them, and start a group?"

...so call me the Littlest Hierophant, because I'm starting a lodge.

I'm taking bets on when I get bored and officially title myself "Cat Herder." ;)

GEBS
February 19th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Good luck with that. It sounds like too much work for me.

Let us know how it goes.

I have the same thought on the lack of activity. I'd be happy with some activity here (this forum). But even that seems too much to ask.

sidhe
February 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Thus far, I can't even get people to post on the organizational forum about their previous experience.

However, I've got seven folks interested. We've got the Temple offices filled if everyone sticks with the program, doesn't move, etc.

As we've got a big military contingent here, the "not moving" part is the stickler.

Caitlin.ann
February 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Good luck, Sidhe. :hugz: :p

sidhe
February 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Danke, Ms. SS. :hug:

Still no luck getting anyone to say what, exactly, they've done/want to do. *sigh*

sidhe
February 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Danke, Ms. SS. :hug:

Still no luck getting anyone to say what, exactly, they've done/want to do. *sigh*

Moonrise
April 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I've taken on a similar endeavour. Started a Pagan Fellowship legal society, in our area in order to create what I could not find. It has been a slow go, it's getting off the ground. :)
Best wishes!

sidhe
June 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
The first meeting is Saturday. Wish me luck. :)

Lunacie
June 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Best of luck! :thumbsup:

I've found in being the leader of my own Wiccan group, that no one has any ideas until I come up with ideas - and then suddenly there isn't time for my ideas because they all want to follow their own bliss. :lol: That's okay. I'm not real crafty, so I just ask the rest what kind of crafts they want to try doing, they volunteer to bring the stuff and show everyone how, and then it's just up to me to explain how we use these things in doing Wiccan ritual - magic - energy work. So far, so good.

sidhe
June 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
We have an "adjunct frater", the friend who suggested this to begin with, and he's helping me out and coached me through the first Grade materials so I get the format of the system.

sidhe
September 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Alright, for the rocking update:

After a dropoff in interest, I rewrote the Neophyte initiation into a two page oath that I can administer anywhere, and thus have two 0=0 (well, one official, one to be done ASAP, as soon as we can sync our schedules) members, and one more who is likely to be oathed in at the next meeting. I've begun an ad campaign through the local pagan group that has interest high and gets people interested even if they can't/don't make it to meetings. I wrote an article for the local pagan 'zine on the Qabalistic soul that has further boosted interest.

And, personally, doing all this has me about to finish up the 3=8 OSOGD materials and start on the 4=7...actually, I'm kind of doing them side-by-side. I got the Work done previously, and thus am mainly working on learning the materials and reviewing the Work. I love working with water, though...much fun.

This whole thing has been fun and educational for me. :D

Burning Angel
October 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Alright, for the rocking update:

After a dropoff in interest, I rewrote the Neophyte initiation into a two page oath that I can administer anywhere, and thus have two 0=0 (well, one official, one to be done ASAP, as soon as we can sync our schedules) members, and one more who is likely to be oathed in at the next meeting. I've begun an ad campaign through the local pagan group that has interest high and gets people interested even if they can't/don't make it to meetings. I wrote an article for the local pagan 'zine on the Qabalistic soul that has further boosted interest.

And, personally, doing all this has me about to finish up the 3=8 OSOGD materials and start on the 4=7...actually, I'm kind of doing them side-by-side. I got the Work done previously, and thus am mainly working on learning the materials and reviewing the Work. I love working with water, though...much fun.

This whole thing has been fun and educational for me. :D

Awesome :D I don't know if I could fit in with a ceremonial lodge but it certainly sounds like a big load of fun :)

By Star And Sword,
~Jon~ :thumbsup:

sidhe
December 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
For the progress update:

I'm working through 4=7 now, getting ready for portal. Oy vey. Portal. *headdesk* I did this when I was studying with another individual/group before. Not fun. Do not want. Want 5=6. Must do Portal.

My little group is dropping members like flies. However, I've applied for recognition as an associated Open Source lodge to the main OSOGD grand lodge poobahs. So, maybe that'll make a difference.

sidhe
January 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
For an update and just an incredibly cool thing:

One of the new signons (after attrition, I'm down to two! TWO! started with 7, now at 2, and they aren't from the initial 7!) told me that doing the 0=0 exercises for the past 1.5 weeks has vastly improved her life.

The coolest part of that? I designed this set of 0=0 exercises, including a customized banishing ritual. The blend of helping people and realizing that I really know what I'm doing is making me ridiculously happy. :)

sidhe
February 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I've finally figured out a name for the group.

It's a vast improvement over "Open Source Order."

I've also decided that to be a total bitch, the name will be the one secret thing. :D

Lilrodrigues
February 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hmm..any chance to get a look at the 0=0 material and try it out?

sidhe
February 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hmm..any chance to get a look at the 0=0 material and try it out?

Sure.

I had coffee with my now-Zelator today. We discussed a whole bunch of stuff. She's admittedly not ready for 2=9, but not far off. It was another wonderful experience.

And I'm back up to 3...one of the original members popped back up. :D