PDA

View Full Version : Incubus Visitation?

~Audra~
February 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
posting this here because i believe this is happening because of my recent experiences with my empathic curse...

last night, after a really rough day, i went to bed exhausted...don't know why, i'd not done anything to be that tired and i'd been drinking coffee all day (real coffee fixes me so i can't sleep, i can drink instant like water...as well as anything else that has caffeine...)

anyway, i'm laying there, sleeping...on my back, which is not normal for me at all...i have trouble breathing when i lay on my back, have since i was a little kid...i'm not dreaming as i am still aware of my surroundings...a weight gets up on the bed, i think it's my dog but in the back of my head i know this isn't true because she doesn't weigh THAT much yet...i can't move...it's like i'm paralyzed...my eyes won't open...

freaking the hell out of me, just like when i was a kid...this paralysis has happened before...i used to encourage it when i was younger, thought it was cool because you can direct the images in your dreams...but the first time i actually got out of my body and looked down, FORGET IT...never again...oh, and never try telling your parents you got out of your body...they'll laugh forever that you were abducted...

this weight, with very human hands and legs...kind of like a little person...gets on my stomach and climbs up and gets on my chest...I CANNOT BREATHE...leathery hands cover my mouth...this small body weighs alot...

so, being in the state that i was already in before going to bed...i absorb this energy...i'd rather my dad beat the crap out of me and be raped all over again...it was so freaking scary...there are no words to describe...very sexual...but sadistic...(afraid to go into detail here)...but finally my "self" comes up out of my body and looks down at the mess on the bed below...there was something so ancient about this little, hairy man-like thing...i couldn't see it's face...

so, i think, IMO...that he thought he'd perhaps killed me...my spirit was no longer in my body...he crawled off the bed and into shadows...

do you think i saw him because i wasn't looking through flesh an blood eyes? what made him leave? why was he there to begin with? i'm still a bit jumpy now, but there is no negative energy in the living room...the dog is sleeping fine...

what do you guys think about this...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.donaldtyson.com/incubus2.jpg
http://www.donaldtyson.com/incubus.html

NefertSatSekhmet
February 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

The Nightmare, by Henry Fuseli (1781) is thought to be one of the classic depictions of sleep paralysis perceived as a demonic visitation.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG/741px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

*GrumpButt*
February 24th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I used to have this problem all the time. Once my best friend swore up and down that she thought she saw some guy sitting on my back during one episode. I don't know.. but I know it's scary no matter what the cause. *hugs*

experimentation626
March 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
You know, this actually reminds me of something oddly similar that happened to me in college. I was sleeping at my friend's dorm, and woke up in the wee hours of the morning unable to move. I was aware, but could not move a single limb. I also couldn't open my mouth to scream or wake myself up fully. I didn't have any breathing problems aside from the rising panic, though. I was, however, able to turn my head just a smidge to look at my friend. And - I kid you not - I saw this small, dark form about the size of a toddler crawling on her chest.

I wasn't able to stay awake and found myself slipping back asleep, and I was terrified I would have nightmares given my state of mind.

When we both awoke fully, she complained about her lousy night of sleep, and I mentioned to her the little black thing. She freaked out and demanded to know why I hadn't woken her up, and when I told her I couldn't even move myself, she just looked upset.

What's weird is that I was the one paralyzed, but she was the one who had something on her chest.

bellamandu
March 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
yes, that does seems like classic signs of sleep paralysis, but the part about the man bothers me.

maybe an incubus, but i always thought the participant had to be willing?

also, maybe a manifestation of a local psi-vamp, or maybe you had unknowingly were having an astral projection? i have known people who were unaware that they were doing this, thinking they were fully awake but were actually in a state somewhere between awake and dreaming, and when this happens you can easily come in touch with an unknown (and possibly dangerous) entity, especially since you are unaware, you are unable to protect yourself.

honestly though, i wouldn't be worried unless it happens again. sage your room before you go to bed tonite and see if that helps. if it doesnt, you are probably having sleep paralysis.

brigidrose
March 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I would sage, sage, sage. I was told that you start from the bottom and move up, open the window too, til your done. There are many other versions, all work. I usually say something like in the name of the God, Goddess, you donot belong here, go into the light... or something to that effect. You can get as intricate or simple as you like. Also imagine a white light filling your entire house , every nook and cranny exposed. Keep yourself and all in the house, include your pet, in a bubble of white light. Wether you do have sleep paralysis or not this will give you some control and peace of mind.

~Audra~
March 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
i just sleep on the couch nowdays...don't plan on stayin in this cracker box forever...now that i'm the only living creature in the trailer (hope i don't have bugs...i think i had a cricket the other night)...i think i scared the little ****er off...yeah, you heard that crazy chatter/laughter the other night?? you think YOU were scared...:cutie:

Rainbow
March 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
maybe an incubus, but i always thought the participant had to be willing?

That's interesting, because I've heard from others that incubi only attack people who are unwilling (which also would not be true). I do know that not all incubus encounters are with willing participants, there are plenty who leave it horrified and scarred because of it.