PDA

View Full Version : What are your kids dressing up for on Halloween?

Faery-Wings
October 29th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Do they have a final answer yet now that we are in final countdown?

Caitlyn is going to be a fairy princess (whew, not a bloody bride as she has wanted at one point!). She is going to wear the dress she wore as a flower girl, with sparkly pink fairy wings she got from the Ren Faire. Scott is going to be a mummy- a skeleton costume with strips of ripped sheets pinned around him.

Me- I am going to be a harried housewife.

Oh, yeah! That ain't no costume! :T

How 'bout you and your kids?

PS: Pics are required!!

Witchy Cowgirl
October 29th, 2002, 10:53 PM
BR picked through the costume box and picked out some stuff. Tonight we bought face paint. I reckon you'd say he's gonna be a ghoul.
The older 2 boys aren't sure if they are dressing up. They are 14 and 13. Not into much anymore.
I think I'll be a gypsy this year.:)

MammaStar
October 29th, 2002, 11:26 PM
J-man is going to be Homer Simpson. :p

)O( ~ Khara~ )O(
October 29th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Well W dug into his own savings and bought himself a Harry Potter costume, red robe, glasses, wand, broom, etc... He says he is going to use the robe for ceremonies and such after.

Duston is actually going to be something OTHER than Batman for the first time in 4 years a real jump HA HA to Spiderman.

I made Joy a fringed flapper costume, feather boa, sequined headband with feathers the whole get up. I think she is more excited about the lipstick, fingernail polish and dangle earrings than anything else.

I found a great green taffeta and velvet dress at a used costume shop and made myself a green cape and a hat with feathers ala Professor Mogonigal. I wore it to a party Saturday night.

Faery-Wings
October 30th, 2002, 08:16 AM
GReat costumes! And don't forget, I want to see pictures on Friday:p

licorice whip
October 30th, 2002, 11:36 AM
im only 15, so i might dress up for school. if i did, it would be as a 50's housewife. i just love an excuse to wear a cardigan, pearls, a vintage dress and cat eye glasses.

my best friend is going as sally from the nightmare before christmas, which should be rad.

bluecat
October 30th, 2002, 12:15 PM
My "children" are dressing up as cats. Oh, wait ... they are cats!! Nevermind :D

Witchy Cowgirl
October 31st, 2002, 12:56 AM
:T

Selket
September 9th, 2003, 09:35 PM
my best friend is going as sally from the nightmare before christmas, which should be rad.

That's an absolutely brilliant idea! Would she mind if I stole it? I've had the worst time trying to figure something out, but that's genius. I won't do it if she has a problem with someone copying her idea, but either way give her props from me, alright? :)

licorice whip
September 11th, 2003, 12:20 AM
That's an absolutely brilliant idea! Would she mind if I stole it? I've had the worst time trying to figure something out, but that's genius. I won't do it if she has a problem with someone copying her idea, but either way give her props from me, alright? :)

hahah, she wouldnt mind at all, especially since she did it last year! i attatched a picture of it (mind you, it was taken under terrible lighting conditions and i had to futz with the contrast and brightness, so it looks really wacky! and its really blurry!).

Selket
September 11th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Oooooh, I'm excited now! Thanks much again for the idea!

lunawolfespryte
September 18th, 2003, 06:59 PM
i've been appointed to come up with costume ideas that my goddaughters can wear for hallowe'en and to the rennaissance faire in the spring. yay! and, my sister bought her 1 yr old son a cute little shirt that has a cartoon figure of frankenstein on the front, says "monster in the making..." heehee :broomride