View Full Version : feel,sense energies from plants

May 15th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Hi I am new here, I am very respectful of all, that take the time to share with those with questions. It is a true love and passion to share so much and so often with those that have a listening ear. I would like to give my love and respect to all those in this loving website that give so freely and loving knowledge.

Now it is my turn.

I would love to talk about plant energies. Does anyone out there feel plants energies as they are growing? I do and spring is such a wonderful time as there is so much new growth. I can sit quiet a actually feel the excitement, joy etc that the new seeds, roots bulbs are sharing. Especially in the spring I can even be real busy and the engeries are so powerful that it can reach my conciousness even when I am busy and go go going. It is so incredible.

I will not make this too long as I may be boring people but I am so excited and have so much to share. Not alot of people feel the same joy as I do when I share, I think it is because they have no idea what I am talking about. Still I am just bursting I want to share share share with someone who understand and cares like I do.

I was making stuffed tomatoes for a dinner party yesterday, I always honour all that I cook with, thank them for becoming all that they could to share themselves with me and my family to help nourish our body mind and soul. Well the tomatoes were so excited, they actually gave me the recipe to compliment themselves. The stuffed tomatoes were so good and all of the recipe was from the tomatoes themselves. They get so excited when you acknowledge them, they are like little kids in a candy store when you include them.

That is enough for now. If anyone is interested in sharing let me know and we can share, love and grow together

Love and Respect Fairie Spirit

Yvonne Belisle
May 15th, 2001, 03:13 PM
I can feel them but I'm not good at working with them. My 11 year old seems to work very well with spider plants. They mean a lot to him and I have seen 4 inch single plants flower in his care. Currently he doesn't have any but I plan on getting him a few again soon.

May 15th, 2001, 03:30 PM
I too, feel them. I find it happens mostly with the trees though. (which could explain why I work so hard for rainforest, redwood, and other deforestation issues :) ) My boyfriend is a Park Ranger for our county, and recently they've "made" a new park. (an area down by the riverfront has been labeled "protected" therefore the county can turn into a park) He brought me down about 2 months ago and I saw this HUGE elm tree. I was walking along the beach and it was like it called my name because I looked up and fell in love right there. I dubbed it "MY TREE" and immediately told my honey of a park ranger that they were not to cut it down or do any other harmful thing to it. He showed me that they put that "police line" ribbon around it, which means it's protected. So that made me happy. The park isn't open offiically yet, but I've been down there 2x since just sitting there. There's also a old willow tree in yet another park of the county's by a rushing stream (which feeds the Hudson River) that I just adore. Anytime I'm sad or need to think I go and sit by it and I always feel better. I think the Willow had a hand in getting me and my BF together! He said he'd had seen me a few times sitting there, but never spoke to me because I wasn't breaking any rules (we met about a year later :) )

May 15th, 2001, 06:47 PM
FairieSpirit, I think it's wonderful that you're so excited! Everyone should be that excited for spring!

How did you get that recipe? Nothing like that has happened to me.. just wondering.. you must have a green soul :).

I'm very new with planting/gardening/talking to the cute little veggies... :) so I'm hoping in the future I'll be more open to their energies -

I try to visualize and send energy to my poor sick little flowers.. but I hardly feel anything - I am new at this, so that could be it - any ideas?

May 16th, 2001, 02:35 AM
Farie Spirit, I know exactly what you mean...

I love all the seasons but I feel especially connected at this time of the year. My favourite place to be is out in my garden. Sometimes, I feel like if I stand there long enough, I could grow roots & become a tree myself. The energy coming from the Great Mother is almost intoxicating! In the morning, when I leave for work, I always take a pinch of herb with me. The last thing I do is look around my garden before leaving & some plant will always offer me a bit of them to take with me...sort of to tide me over until I return.

I am so happy to have found kindred spirits here...there is a tree which I always park my car near at work. Every morning when I get there, I always put my palms on the trunk & greet it & ask it to look after my car. I do get strange looks from other people. :)

May 17th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Wow, this was a subject that I was hesitant on bring up. Thank you for having the courage Fairie Spirit!!! :sunny:

I live in an oak grove, so I am constantly sensitive to the vibrations from plants. There are everywhere! I love it. From trees, bushes, grasses, flowers, ect. I can feel a pulse throbing full of life within each. It is part of why I love to spend time outdoors. Everything has life and it is so wonderful to be able to feel it. :)

May 31st, 2001, 09:06 AM
i definitely understand.. when i was younger i used to freak out when i'd walk on grass because i felt like i was hurting it....

May 31st, 2001, 04:38 PM
Cool topic!
Yes,I can feel my plants,sense them.I talk to the older trees.Each plant I put in the ground I chat with,talk to them when I water.The same with houseplants,especially when I feed them.I thank them for each flower or vegetable I gather,usually leaving a bit of tobacco for their spirits.It really is a joyful thing,makes me happy anyway,and the plants seem to thrive.
Peace and love

May 31st, 2001, 06:55 PM
on another point... i try and "thank" trees once in a while.. because they do so much for us... and it's such a great feeling to put my hands on them and feel their strength and "wisdom" and thank them for their part in the cycle that keeps up alive...

June 1st, 2001, 01:59 PM
I feel it is very important to give thanks also,
when I use water I thank all entities involved in the running of hot and cold water, I give thanks when I am making supper ( to all the veggies, meat,stove to cook), when I use papertowels ( that a tree would give its life ) Over the years I have practiced prayers of thanks and it is quite natural now.

When I am to weed my garden or dig in the soil, I say a prayer to let the worms and all involved know ahead of thyme. It is interesting....I used to cut worms in half all the time, now after prayer I rarely do. The weeds come out right to the bottom of the root as they are being respected and honoured for their purpose in life.

I would go on for ever.......yet I am anxious to hear of others rituals in relationship to this

Love and Respect.........FairieSpirit

June 3rd, 2001, 09:21 PM
that is so great FaerieSpirit!

I feel more energies from the entities around plants and trees than the actual plant it self, but mabye these spirits are part of the plant/tree and grow with it? I don't know, but I am no good with planting, but every Eostar I feel the need to sow something wether it be actual seeds or healing energies. I know your excitement

Blessed Be

June 4th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Personally, I have very good results in planting seeds of especially citrus trees, and having them come up. There is a sense of confidence that when I plant my tree seeds, they are going to grow. Just last Friday, I found a little1-inch tall pomello tree coming up from where I had planted some pomello seeds a few weeks earlier. Usually, seeds from citrus can be identifiable as being capable of growing by the looks of them. This is especially true if some of them are beginning to sprout while in the fruit. Grapefruit is common for this. Also I have transplanted some fruit-bearing mulberry trees, about 4 years ago, from 6-inch sprouts . Now there are two mature tree, 15 feet tall, nearby with plenty of white mulberries on them each spring. Some of the fruit is nearly as large as pigeon eggs, and sticky sweet. Delicious!

June 5th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Greetings All!
WOW- I didn't think I would ever find folks that love their plants as much as I do. Spending time in the yard is not just something I do, it is a spiritual encounter every time I visit there(I do it alot)
I don't really consider any of the plants truly mine- it's more that I'm their caretaker,or even better their liason. I take a great amount of time "bonding" with them, and the exchange of energy between us is always a beautiful thing. Thanks for the topic-looking forward to more!

June 6th, 2001, 12:12 AM
That was beautifully put, Greenthumb. Welcome to MysticWicks!

Yvonne Belisle
June 6th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Welcome to Mystic Wicks I think you will find it a great place. Welcome home.

Silver Venus
June 6th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Welcome!! & Merry meet FairieSpirit & GreenThumb!!
This thread is so great I feel exactly the same way as everyone here!! &have too been talking to and hugging trees since I was little :)
Lucidia ~ I too used to hate walking on grass (especially with shoes on) because I could feel all the blades screaming with pain ~ I still try my best to only walk on grass with bare feet.

I have just moved into a new house and have been busy planting herbs, plants and moon flowers all month ~ I absolutly love all the plants and fae in my yard and feel so happy every time I go out there. It is a very special place. Every morning I go out there to check on all my babies and talk to them as I do ~ My neighbours must think Im mad! & My friend gave me a tree fern for a house gift and every day I stroke it!
I love all the energies in my yard!

Thanks for bringing this such important and fun subject to light :D

June 6th, 2001, 09:56 AM
When I left my ex (long story, no longer bitter and twisted...much) I left a beautiful garden with a little orchard of plum trees, a rockery planted with heathers and a restored rose garden, surrounded by lavender, a herb garden and some beautiful japanese azaleas and a japanese maple. I'd spent a long time working on that garden and I was so in tune with all the energies. I walked out with nothing ('cept a bag of clothes and my car) and the garden is the only thing I miss. I still wonder how all my babies are now.

Still, after a few years living in flats etc, I'm soon to be back with my own garden! Can't wait!

June 7th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Greetings All,
I have not had alot of success with herbs so far in the yard. I have put the question as to why in the air-so to speak- and have gotten the impression that they simply have not been "comfortable" in the areas I have tried to place them in. So, the last several months I have been redesigning a section of the yard & am just now seeing some positive results with some basil, chives, purple cone-flower.., Any suggestions on more to try that can take some summer heat?
Thanks & peace to you

Yvonne Belisle
June 7th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Welcome to Mystic Wicks Greenthumb. We look forward to seeing many posts from you.

June 17th, 2001, 05:56 AM
I can't belive this!!! I havn't heard nearly as many people talk about energy as here. . it's so wonderful to know I"m not hallucinating ^_~

^__^ once I was on a hike, and I said "hello!" to this wonderful old pine tree, and he said hello back. . . we had a short conversation about the fact that my friends and I were hiking and I said I was sorry about his friend (I saw a tree right next to him had been cut down) but he said "don't worry, he's gone on to do other things now." cheerfully. . . It gave me heart.

I always apologize to grass when I walk on it. . . I worry I might hurt it but I swear I got the impression that it said "hey, I'm grass. That's what I'm here for. Don't worry about it."

hehe. . .I"m so glad to hear people talking about plants and the spirits that live around them. .. it's so nice to know that others see this too!! it really really helps me a lot, because often I have trouble telling if I"m really seeing/hearing/sensing things or if I'm imagining it. . . then again, a lot of real stuff I was told was just my imagination by people who didn't belive. . .

Dria El
June 17th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Ok! I just LOVE you guys! I too, am very connected to my plants. I get along WAY better with plants than I do with people (and it's NOT because they don't talk back! lol)! lol It's almost as if we are related. They are my babies. I cry when they die. We talk (sometimes it's they talk and I listen! lol) They even yell at me when they're thirsty! lol And they bring home friends too! I can't tell you how many plants I've rescued! I nurse them back to health and find them good homes! I'm a freakin' plant halfway house! lol!

AND I'm passing it on to my kids! There's a mulberry tree out in front of our apartment they just CAN'T walk by without hugging! lol I'm raising tree huggers!!! :D :D :D

June 17th, 2001, 11:23 AM
And don't you notice how diverse the energies are around different plants?
In my yard, each area seems to be worked on, and watched over by different personalities(for lack of a better word right now). For me, alot of the trick is convincing those energies that say a new area is a good place to take up residence. It's not always easy to do that, & sometimes I'm just flat out turned down. That's why I think it's such a good idea not to only bond with the plants, but to establish a good repoire with the beings who play such a big part in their care. The behind the scenes guys- so to speak. Coopteration is a must!!!!