PDA

View Full Version : Premonitions, Precognition or something else?

RubyRose
March 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM
I'm currently looking into this because over the last 5 years I have had 3 distinct events happen in my life that can't be explained any other way.

They are simply "feelings" but they all wind up fortelling something.

These are the events.... in chronilogical order...

Sometime in 2003, I had a dream in which I watched my sister fall from a set of monnkey bars, wind up with concussion and then die soon afterwards.

In reality my sister feel from a horse, and wound up with concussion. It was way too eerie at the time, because I thought she was going to die.

In 2007 during the early stages of pregnancy with my daughter, I had a feeling right from the start that I wouldn't make full term. By around 22 weeks I knew there wasn't much longer...

The day of her birth some 12 weeks early, I had an intense desire just to skip work, and stay home, only I didn't. And she was just before midnight that day

Also with Lily when I was around 23 weeks pregnant I had a dream before we'd even chosen her name that her initials were LFM, turns out days later we decided on the name, Lilia Fae Mc******.

Then in 2008 when I was around 20 weeks pregnant with my youngest son, I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen at 28 weeks. I put it down to simply being overly concerned about a second premature birth, just to ease my own fears. But I still couldn't really shake it totally.

At 27 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy, my mum died. And I had the answer to what the "bad feeling" I'd been having was all about.

So does anybody know exactly what I am experiencing? I don't know enough about Psychics and Empaths to even know if I'm on the right track.

A acquaintance of mine, has told me that I possess a very empathic nature though, and have the ability to help people if I choose to....

Bendithion,
RubyRose

Cappy
March 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
It's happens to me too. It would sometimes happen at random, boom, I'd get a flash. Other times I'd try to do it on purpose by concentrating on the feeling I'd get when it happens. More often then not it would work. It got to the point that some of my friends wouldn't make a life choice without consulting me first. I'd help, and I was very accurate. I had to stop though, It felt sort of wrong. I don't think we are meant to go through life knowing what comes next. Now, I mostly let things that are supposed to happen, happen. If I need help on something that's REALLY blocking me, I'll do it then. But I don't do it every day any more, it's not necessary.

raymond
March 23rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
Maybe there are really those who have this ability to see a certain event before it would actually happen. There was an article I read that there is a very thin line between premonition and precognition. Not clear enough to explain its difference from the other. Whether it's a premonition or precognition, would you also consider it as a coincidence? The functioning of premonitions is not exactly known, that is, why some people possess them while others do not. Maybe there are really those who are very sensitive enough and more open to psychic suggestions. There are those who are less intuitive about these psychic issues. With the advancement of the scientific age people have began to rely less on their sensations; it is just in recent years that science is investigating the importance of human intuition and sensation.:smile:

Lunacie
March 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
This person says we have premonitions while we're awake and precognition comes while we're asleep.
http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-articles/premonition-precognition.php

This person says that the difference is that with precognition you 'know' about a future event while premonition is a 'feeling' that something is going to happen.
http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/p/precognition.html

The difference being 'knowing' and 'feeling' is what I've always understood to be right. I'd say that a couple of your experiences were premonitions, but a couple may have been more in the way of precognition, like with Lilia's initials.

RubyRose
March 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks. The more I read on the subject, the more I think that it could very well be both. And then there's the part of it, that doesn't want to know anything else that could happen in the future....

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I can't really say one way or the other if it is premo, or precog. However, from the sound of it, some of what you are experiencing may be tied to heightened hormone levels accentuating a latent gift. Sometimes these things start with people that are close to you, (your sister) and are "boosted" by hormones or extreme situations (pregnancy). I found that as soon as I started recognizing the fact that my dreams were coming true I started having more of them. In my experience this is the nature of the beast, mind over matter, so to speak. Dreams that sometimes came true, started happening more frequently once I started no birth control (ortho micronor) which actually synthetically induces the early stages of pregnancy by raising progesterone levels.

I'm not a professional, but if you want to develop these gifts or intuitions, maybe starting a meditation practice, and then moving forward in a manner that you feel comfortable with. ie. studying wicca, joining a local group for intuitives, or even enrolling in one of the COT classes here on mystic wicks.

Intuition is something that we are all subject to. By embracing it, you can lead a much fuller existence. I know that generally once awakened, it's not something that just "goes away".

Let me know how it goes.