PDA

View Full Version : Religious shielding against or masking of psychic abilities.

Cassie
April 10th, 2009, 10:57 AM
My mum once told me that before I was born she came accross a woman on a train who claimed to be psychic. She told my mum some things which apparantly came true ( my mum will never tell me what they were) but said there were certain things she couldn't 'see' becuase my mum was Catholic. For example she said she was unable to see my mum's aura.

This has lead me to wonder if a person's psychic abilities can be masked or hindered by their religious beliefs and whether those same religious beliefs can act as a shield against the psychic abilities of others?

I have some slightly mixed up ideas on this subject but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts and opinions.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 18th, 2009, 04:36 PM
If one thinks of religion as a complex set of rituals, then there's a pretty good chance it would effect another ritual (psychic reading) that someone else is performing.

For example the hail mary. I'm not catholic but I think this is part of the rosary (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Or the prayer of Michael the Archangel:
Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

If often repeated and believed then I wouldn't be surprised if it caused some kind of interference with a reading.

Power often lies not in what is being done, but if the person believes it will affect them.

aluokaloo
April 18th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I don't see why not. Same as any other religion when you are invoking the protection of a deity I suppose.

BearDancing
April 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
In my experience....I always spiritually ask the *higher spirit* for permission to do the reading ect......twice in my life...the persons were sitting right in front of me *saying yes...do the reading* yet it was like a brick wall.....the *higher spirit* or on some level the person was saying *no*............in respect to your question Cassie...I believe everything about you affects your *aura* and religious beliefs is a huge part of who you are......there for the results can be affected definately....conciously and subconciously

Cassie
May 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
In my experience....I always spiritually ask the *higher spirit* for permission to do the reading ect......twice in my life...the persons were sitting right in front of me *saying yes...do the reading* yet it was like a brick wall.....the *higher spirit* or on some level the person was saying *no*............in respect to your question Cassie...I believe everything about you affects your *aura* and religious beliefs is a huge part of who you are......there for the results can be affected definately....conciously and subconciously
In your experience do any particular religious beliefs have a more significant blocking effect than others?