PDA

View Full Version : Birth charts

mol
February 10th, 2001, 04:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Posted by mol on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

These birth charts were mapped out by Litha. Hopefully she can help us decipher them. :biggrin:

Here is mine.

http://www.mysticwicks.com/img/astrology/BirthChart_mol.jpg

And here is semele's:

http://www.mysticwicks.com/img/astrology/BirthChart_semele.jpg

Thanks Litha...looks great even though I dont understand it! :)

Blessings!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Posted by semele on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Yeah...very interesting...whatever they mean!! I am looking forward to a detailed explanation from our astrology friend.
Semele

-- Posted by Rosabelle on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

what is a birth chart? please explain.
Rosabelle

-- Posted by Litha on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

go to the thread that is titled the astrological chart, you'll find information and explainations there :)

from semele on 8:26 pm on Feb. 6, 2001 Yeah...very interesting...whatever they mean!! I am looking forward to a detailed explanation from our astrology friend.

Oooooh no, the charts are up so we can talk about them and all work together to delineate them!

we can start with the sun on each...just check around all the threads and post away. Just think about what sign the sun is in, what element, what modality, what house and put all those keyords to make a descriptive astrolgical sentance about the sun in each chart!

-- Posted by mol on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

I am telling you I have absolutely no idea what is going on in those charts. When you say start with the sun, do you mean the center of the of chart or the sun sign (use my chart as reference) that is up by my Cancer sign?

:confused:

Blessings.

Don't let the center throw you although it is pretty confusing seeing all those lines intersecting all over the place in there!
Those lines are called Aspects and they show relationships that exist between your planets.
This is a separate topic all together:)

And you're doing well, since on looking at your chart mol, the Sun is at the 12 o'clock point, also called the MIdHeaven, right near the Cancer sign.

The Sun is the round circle with the dot in the middle of it.The dot signifies the nuclei, seed of potential individual manifestation of human spirit or consciousness with the collective unconcious sphere.

To the right of your sun is Mercury.
Merc contains 3 basic symbols: the half-circle
(mind, human spirit) poised over the circle,
(divine spirit) and the cross (matter).

To the left of your Sun is Venus, represented by the circle (divine spirit0 above the cross (matter).

To the left of Venus is Saturn, seen as the cross (matter) taking precedence of the half circle
(mind, human spirit).

All four of these are in your 10th house.

Each slice of this big pizza is a House numbered from 1-12 starting with 1 at 9 o'clock and going counter clock wise. The point where your 1st house begins is the Ascendant.

If you take that line and cut the pizza horizonally all the way across to the right, you'll find that the other end of the line is where your 7th house starts and this point is the Descendant.

Again looking at your chart mol, Mars is in the 11th house, Pluto 12th, Uranus and your North Node in the 1st, Neptune in the 2nd, Moon in the 5th, Chiron in the 7th (an asteroid,not a planet,more on this later), and Jupiter in the 8th.

Mars is symbolized as the cross (matter) over the circle (divine spirit), Pluto is symbolized by the initals of the scientist that discovered the planet Percival Lowell, Chiron is what looks like a key, The North Node appears as a horseshoe, Neptune is the trident of the mind (half circle) transcending the physcial (cross in between the circle).

The moon is a crescent and Jupiter looks like a stylized
number 4, a half circle (mind, human spirit above the horizonof the cross (matter).

Is there a way to post other pictures to facilitate learning on this topic? I've tried to explain each symbol as best as I can, and these charts here are a good tool for people to a visualizes as they learn.

Now that each planet symbol has been pointed out and each house, look to the posted astro alphabet and keywords for the WHAT(planet) HOW(sign) and WHERE(house) to make an astrological sentance about your chart.

Planet)-IS MODIFIED BY-(insert Sign qualities)-AND AFFECTS THE AREA OF-(insert House).

let's go back to that area you pointed out mol:

The Sun in your 10th house indicates a strong sense of self and a will to succeed.
10th house Sun's couple ambition with power and this a great placement for someone interested in politics.
As a Cancer Sun you are responsive, aware, and a creature of many moods. But though you may sometimes feel adrift on an ocean of emotion, you are determined to achieve your goals - and generally do.
With that Cancer midheaven, you need a career where you can use your intuition, make emotional connections, and provide security for your family.

-- Posted by semele on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Thanks for the work you have done Litha. also thanks for not just telling us the meaning. I think we are all in for a huge enlightenment into the world of astrology. I will have to put some serious time into this. Someitme when I have more than 15 minutes to kill!!!! I will delve into this asap. I am about to head to my little sisters place for an obnoxious Tupperware party thing. (hate those!) Then we are doing a full moon ritual. Hopefully I will get a chance to dive in before work tomorrow, if not I will have to put it off untill after the weekend. I'll be back!!!
Semele

one of my fave topics is astrology so I must thank you for the forum :)
gotta make this short and sweet,
full moon and it's time to dance !