PDA

View Full Version : "Coyote Love" out soon

Tanya
April 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Well, I thought Ullage was going to be my second book but then my publisher got all strange and very rude, so I've dropped it. Frankly it was all taking so long I started picking at it.. and in the end I ripped it to shreds and started building on this art book that has been in the works for years... added to it... stumbled into a new publisher.. and voila! my sophmore effort has become Coyote Love, which will soon be released through Ginninderra Press. (http://www.ginninderrapress.com.au/)

whooo hooo

What's it about? The pointy ugly side of love in all its permutations... abuse, smothering, loss, murderer mothers, incest.. all the stuff that makes one bleed... all the stuff that leaves the most interesting scars.

TygerTyger
April 12th, 2009, 08:34 AM
And I've already read it! :smile:

It's very good with some challenging subjects from which originate the most striking imagery that contemporary poetry can exite.

What I particularly like is the fact that this is literature that is not obvious, you have to go over it several times to soak it up, to get under the skin, to figure out all the nuances. No doubt some people might find some of the topics a bit distasteful or perhaps too negative for their liking, but this is writing that looks at life in the flesh, warts and all, and it is not always pretty but it is life.

As someone more famous than me once said, "the heart that hurts is the heart that beats" and only the living feel pain and joy, that's one of the central themes of this book.

I'd recommend this without hesitation to anyone who unafraid of life!

:thumbsup:

Tanya
April 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
isn't Tyger nice?!:thumbsup:

I didn't even have to pay him (much) for that!

TygerTyger
April 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM
isn't Tyger nice?!:thumbsup:

I didn't even have to pay him (much) for that!

Your cheque bounced by the way! :hahugh:

Tanya
April 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
shad up!:toofless: