PDA

View Full Version : I can't see spirits **advice please**

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
I am empathic, (pick up emotions from others, experiencing them mentally I can limit the physical effect if I catch it in time)

I have dreams that come true about 6 months to a year after having them,

I am a finder (I know where lost stuff is),

And I can read earth energy, (I know the nature of the place I am standing, if theirs been a death, a birth, happiness, anger etc.)

But I cannot see spirits... I've never been able to, I've never communicated with a spirit, whenever I try it's like there's a void where the noise or sensation should be.

Any help?
Am I supposed to see and hear them?
Would it be a natural extension of my already present abilities?

Amethyst Rose
April 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
I can't see them either. I also have the same abilities you do. :) Sometimes I get quick flashes out of the corner of my eye, or impressions of a person in my minds eye...but it's not the same as seeing them. Honestly, I think it's pretty rare to be able to see them, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Xentor
April 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Trust me, you want spirits to ignore you. They've usually got better things to do, but once they realize they can bother you with their problems, it tends to become quite a bore, if not downright annoying.

Amilee
April 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sometimes, really that's the way it is. You can't do everything right? That's exactly how it should be.

I can feel the dead around me but I can't see them either. Not really sure I want to. Kinda creepy.

Develop what you got, you've got an awful lot already! :thumbsup:

TheWomanMonster
April 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Not everyone is going to have every ability, sometimes we just need to accept the cards we've been dealt.
Sounds like you have a heap of gifts anyways. :smile:

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks everybody! I know that what I have is a bit much as it is, I can't get rid of it so I have to work with it. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something or supremely unobservant. It wouldn't be the first time. I'm pretty relieved that I can't see spirits, I think that would be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Bindi
April 23rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I am empathic, (pick up emotions from others, experiencing them mentally I can limit the physical effect if I catch it in time)

And I can read earth energy, (I know the nature of the place I am standing, if theirs been a death, a birth, happiness, anger etc.)

i to am the same and have the same abilitys as you. i feel spirits or get an image in my mind of them but have never seen one manifest in a physical form.

i am curiouse and want to see one but at the same time i think i cant see them so there must be a reason why i cant

Quote:
"But I cannot see spirits... I've never been able to, I've never communicated with a spirit, whenever I try it's like there's a void where the noise or sensation should be.

Any help?

maybe its better for you not seeing them or communicating with them. if your are a sensitive person and sensitive to energys then spirits and evil entities can take advantage of that or attatch them selves to you. it can be a scary experience.

and besides you are the way you are for a reason :)

Sparkles
April 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Maybe you aren't supposed to be *seeing* them. I can only communicate with spirits at certain times of the year, and if I already have a relationship with a living friend or relative. Most of my communications begin empathically; in other words, I make the connection through what those spirits are feeling rather than through seeing them. Sometimes the visualizations or sightings follow, but often they do not. I am sometimes able to create a "scenario" through exploring the feelings with which I connect, but again, not always.

Maybe you should try closing your eyes rather than opening them wider, and emptying your mind for a bit, just to see if you get anything. Often the initial connection is tenuous, not something that I can put into words, just a sense of the presence of a feeling that is not my own. I sometimes have to tease the feeling a bit to get it to blossom, kind of like the way you sometimes have to tease a thread through the eye of a needle.

It helps me also if I type out what I am feeling and connecting with, kind of allowing phrases to come to me and then typing them out. Often the connection will intensify this way, I guess because I am not actively probing for it but rather I am opening myself and allowing the connection to happen.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe you aren't supposed to be *seeing* them. I can only communicate with spirits at certain times of the year, and if I already have a relationship with a living friend or relative. Most of my communications begin empathically; in other words, I make the connection through what those spirits are feeling rather than through seeing them. Sometimes the visualizations or sightings follow, but often they do not. I am sometimes able to create a "scenario" through exploring the feelings with which I connect, but again, not always.

Maybe you should try closing your eyes rather than opening them wider, and emptying your mind for a bit, just to see if you get anything. Often the initial connection is tenuous, not something that I can put into words, just a sense of the presence of a feeling that is not my own. I sometimes have to tease the feeling a bit to get it to blossom, kind of like the way you sometimes have to tease a thread through the eye of a needle.

It helps me also if I type out what I am feeling and connecting with, kind of allowing phrases to come to me and then typing them out. Often the connection will intensify this way, I guess because I am not actively probing for it but rather I am opening myself and allowing the connection to happen.

I think that for now I'm going to work on what I have, as it is, if I don't take care to stay physically and mentally healthy I start tipping over the edge. I'd really rather not start wandering around in my underwear living out of Starbucks again.

TheWomanMonster
April 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I think that for now I'm going to work on what I have, as it is, if I don't take care to stay physically and mentally healthy I start tipping over the edge. I'd really rather not start wandering around in my underwear living out of Starbucks again.

Again? :hairred:

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Again? :hairred:

I wish I were kidding.

I have a very mild case of schizophrenia, which a few years ago was exacerbated by malnutrition and hallucinogens. It went from "mild" to KC's effing crazy over the course of 6 months. Just came out of it about 18 months ago.

TheWomanMonster
April 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
I wish I were kidding.

I have a very mild case of schizophrenia, which a few years ago was exacerbated by malnutrition and hallucinogens. It went from "mild" to KC's effing crazy over the course of 6 months. Just came out of it about 18 months ago.

Well given your history it is probably a very good thing your gifts don't include seeing spirits. I've had depression related hallucinations and they're bad enough. :(

:hugz:

Glad you made it through that time!

Deerwoman
May 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Not everyone can see spirits, and not everyone wants to! I have friends who can see them, and I'm quite happy I cannot after hearing their frightening tales. It's quite scary enough for me to just be able to talk with spirits. In folklore, it is believed that the circumstances of your birth reflect on one's ability to see or hear spirits. For example a child born around midnight will have the sight, but a child born while the sun is up will not. There is also baptism folklore; if the water falls into the babe's eyes they will have the sight - an unbaptized infant will also have the sight. If a babe is born on a certain festival day such as Samhain or Beltane etc, they are also supposed to be gifted with the sight. If a child is born with a caul over their head, they are also supposed to be gifted with the sight as well as other magical abilities.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Not everyone can see spirits, and not everyone wants to! I have friends who can see them, and I'm quite happy I cannot after hearing their frightening tales. It's quite scary enough for me to just be able to talk with spirits. In folklore, it is believed that the circumstances of your birth reflect on one's ability to see or hear spirits. For example a child born around midnight will have the sight, but a child born while the sun is up will not. There is also baptism folklore; if the water falls into the babe's eyes they will have the sight - an unbaptized infant will also have the sight. If a babe is born on a certain festival day such as Samhain or Beltane etc, they are also supposed to be gifted with the sight. If a child is born with a caul over their head, they are also supposed to be gifted with the sight as well as other magical abilities.

Haso! I was born in the wake of an earthquake, about 3AM after 18 hours of labor. It was also mothers day!

Nesta
May 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM

But I cannot see spirits... I've never been able to, I've never communicated with a spirit, whenever I try it's like there's a void where the noise or sensation should be.

Everything you wrote applies to me and I can't see spirits either. I've never really wanted to 'cos I'm a wee jessie (coward) and it would scare the bejesus out of me. I tend to think I don't see them because I've vetoed it in my mind and yet even as I write this I think I'm really just not meant to see them. Also, because I can sense them so clearly in other ways I don't really feel a need to see them.

I'm not sure if it's something you can develop or something that comes naturally. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with you.

Do you want to see/feel spirits?

We seem to share the same talents yet I can feel spirit (overwhelmingly at times) but there will naturally be many differences between us so it would be difficult to work out the dominant factor. Its just something I've always done, I can remember consciously seeking out their energies from a very early age purely because of how they felt to me.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Everything you wrote applies to me and I can't see spirits either. I've never really wanted to 'cos I'm a wee jessie (coward) and it would scare the bejesus out of me. I tend to think I don't see them because I've vetoed it in my mind and yet even as I write this I think I'm really just not meant to see them. Also, because I can sense them so clearly in other ways I don't really feel a need to see them.

I'm not sure if it's something you can develop or something that comes naturally. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with you.

Do you want to see/feel spirits?

We seem to share the same talents yet I can feel spirit (overwhelmingly at times) but there will naturally be many differences between us so it would be difficult to work out the dominant factor. Its just something I've always done, I can remember consciously seeking out their energies from a very early age purely because of how they felt to me.

Thank you for the thoughtful response!

After putting some thought into it, I'd honestly rather not. Being that I'm so sensitive to emotional/ residual energies, I think that being able to pick up on something while it's there would cause a minor brain explosion. lol.

Right now I'm trying to focus on my skills as an empath, as well as the clariscent side of things, as both can be a very useful skill for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your abilities? What are you looking to develop?

Nesta
May 15th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Thank you for the thoughtful response!

After putting some thought into it, I'd honestly rather not. Being that I'm so sensitive to emotional/ residual energies, I think that being able to pick up on something while it's there would cause a minor brain explosion. lol.

Right now I'm trying to focus on my skills as an empath, as well as the clariscent side of things, as both can be a very useful skill for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your abilities? What are you looking to develop?

My strongest ability is as an empath and it's caused me a fair amount of anguish over the years. This is what I put most of my energy into developing. It's powerful, I'm very sensitive to it so I think I have a responsibility to myself to deal with it as best I can. I used to try to ignore all my abilities but that wasn't good.

Like you I can read energy in a place and from people. My instincts tell me a lot about everything and everyone around me. And as I've said I can sense spirits.

I have dreams with messages, I used to be sceptical about this but so many have actually come true that I can't deny it anymore.

Quite often I get blasts of emotion, or mental imagery (usually in Norse related symbology) or just really simple realistic images as a signal to tell me about something. This can be something that needs my attention or something I've already been thinking about and I'm looking for a resolution.

I'll give you some examples.

-I hear my name being clearly called (as though the person is right next to me), I always recognise the voice and whoever it is tends to be unwell, having a hard time or maybe just got some bad news. Hearing a name tends to relate to tough times.

- I get an image in my head of my partner's ex at our front door. Sometimes knocking on the door and waiting patiently, sometimes barging in. This is always followed by a phone call from her asking for something or causing problems.

- A sudden knowledge that something has happened, or is about to happen.

- I recently had a strong image of my cat lying dead in the garden. I've experienced this with animals and people I love over the years. When this happens it's a wee message to me to make the remainder of our time together special. Not to take anything for granted.

- My empathy can be strong even if I hear someone being talked about by another person, or if someone is talking to my partner on the phone. I can feel emotions and sense personlaities from most people. This is the case online too.

I think of it all as having good instinct. I always trust my instinct, it has never betrayed me.

Darth Brooks
May 15th, 2009, 05:46 AM

Any help?

If you cannot see them already, then you are not supposed to. At least, not for now. Personally I think you should be thankful - I once knew a girl who claimed to see spirits. I don't know if she really saw them or if she was just hallucinating, but either way, her story didn't end very well. She took her own life, sad to say.

I wish I were kidding.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I admire your strength in being able to talk about it here, in public. If I were in a situation like that I do not think I could talk about it. Concentrate on keeping yourself mentally and physically healthy, and don't sweat it about not being able to see spirits. Like I said, I think you're lucky that you don't. :hugz:

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
If you cannot see them already, then you are not supposed to. At least, not for now. Personally I think you should be thankful - I once knew a girl who claimed to see spirits. I don't know if she really saw them or if she was just hallucinating, but either way, her story didn't end very well. She took her own life, sad to say.

I am very sorry to hear about that. My grandmother was sensitive but over medicated, she met the same end. When I hear about situations like that it reminds me to be thankful, and remember that I'm blessed with what I have.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I admire your strength in being able to talk about it here, in public. If I were in a situation like that I do not think I could talk about it.

I'd like to say it's because I want to communicate with others like me, and that I'm unafraid of putting myself out there so that others aren't afraid to speak out. The brutally honest part of my says that I have disclosure issues. The law of averages says it's somewhere in between.:uhhuhuh::thumbsup:

Concentrate on keeping yourself mentally and physically healthy, and don't sweat it about not being able to see spirits. Like I said, I think you're lucky that you don't. :hugz:

:hugz: Thanks Darth. I've lucked out with my support group, I've had people to usher me back into reality, and not get freaked out when I spaz. Even MW has helped me to separate myself from my situation a bit and give me some perspective.

Thanks again bro.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
My strongest ability is as an empath and it's caused me a fair amount of anguish over the years. This is what I put most of my energy into developing. It's powerful, I'm very sensitive to it so I think I have a responsibility to myself to deal with it as best I can. I used to try to ignore all my abilities but that wasn't good.

Like you I can read energy in a place and from people. My instincts tell me a lot about everything and everyone around me. And as I've said I can sense spirits.

I have dreams with messages, I used to be sceptical about this but so many have actually come true that I can't deny it anymore.

Quite often I get blasts of emotion, or mental imagery (usually in Norse related symbology) or just really simple realistic images as a signal to tell me about something. This can be something that needs my attention or something I've already been thinking about and I'm looking for a resolution.

I'll give you some examples.

-I hear my name being clearly called (as though the person is right next to me), I always recognise the voice and whoever it is tends to be unwell, having a hard time or maybe just got some bad news. Hearing a name tends to relate to tough times.

- I get an image in my head of my partner's ex at our front door. Sometimes knocking on the door and waiting patiently, sometimes barging in. This is always followed by a phone call from her asking for something or causing problems.

- A sudden knowledge that something has happened, or is about to happen.

- I recently had a strong image of my cat lying dead in the garden. I've experienced this with animals and people I love over the years. When this happens it's a wee message to me to make the remainder of our time together special. Not to take anything for granted.

- My empathy can be strong even if I hear someone being talked about by another person, or if someone is talking to my partner on the phone. I can feel emotions and sense personlaities from most people. This is the case online too.

I think of it all as having good instinct. I always trust my instinct, it has never betrayed me.

Wow, I'm not nearly that far along. From the sound of it, you've really got a handle on directionality, and source identification.

I have a lot of trouble with it for the most part unless it's coming in hot, them I'm usually not ready and I wind up getting blasted.

The aforementioned is from mental laziness more than anything else. Lately I've been concentrating on separating the physical sensations from the emotion. Paying attention to when I feel something, and timing the physical response.

Generally when I am feeling something I feel it physically before my head realizes that I'm upset about something. When I'm picking it up from outside, all of a sudden the brain chemicals are firing, but I don't have a physical response until a few seconds later.

It's not much time, but it gives me a chance to lock something down on top of it, or suppress the physical effects.

Cassie
May 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
kchoye, I think you might find it helpfull to learn some grounding and shielding techniques. Here is a link (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)to the CoT archives on Psychic Abilities. I think you'll find a lot of useful information there.

Nesta
May 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cassie why didn't I think of that? My brain is jelly today!

Yes, grounding and shielding are so important.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
kchoye, I think you might find it helpfull to learn some grounding and shielding techniques. Here is a link (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)to the CoT archives on Psychic Abilities. I think you'll find a lot of useful information there.

Thank you Cassie! I will certainly check it out.

BearDancing
May 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
kchoye..............what do you mean physical..*brain chemicals firing*

Generally when I am feeling something I feel it physically before my head realizes that I'm upset about something. When I'm picking it up from outside, all of a sudden the brain chemicals are firing, but I don't have a physical response until a few seconds later.

the hard part for me was *realizing what is my feeliings/thoughts and what is others*
grounding and shielding is a very good idea......a must I would say, it will help you like WoW....after reading Cassies link if you need help...ask there are many who will help you along:weirdsmil

Lunacie
May 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I'm not a seer so much as a knower. I can sense them around me at times, but I really have to work at it to be able to see things. I can very often tell you what someone's aura looks like but I can't actually "see" it, somehow I just know what it looks like, what color it is, all that. As an Empath myself, it's just more natural for me to feel things than to see them.

We had a lot of activity in the little house in the little town where I lived when I was raising my daughter. I would see tiny spots moving around out of the corner of my eye, generally in the archway between the kitchen and the living room. And I would sometimes see a small cat-shaped shadow moving behind me when I was looking into one of the mirrors.

I've only seen the spirit or ghost of a human being twice. The first time it looked like a small cloud of white smoke drifting slowly past. The second time I had just turned off the light to go to sleep and saw what looked like the afterimage of someone, a dark man shaped shadow. That's been about 3 years ago, so it's not something that happens very often for me either.

Andyr
September 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hi peeps :thumbsup:

I have experienced many spirits, apparitions, orbs and demons in my time.. Starting at the age of about 4 yrd, There was what I thought was a grumpy old man that used to stand outside my bedroom door and I used to talk to him he was as real as a physical person is !

Also same time period was a classical white lady type apparition that on occasion used to fully materialize, I learnt even at that age that the more you focus and "try" to see the less you actually do see ! ... look slightly away and don't try too hard to look for it...

That white lady taught me many things and made many predictions, and also informed me that she disliked my mother very much ! and boy did she do all she could to frighten my mother LOL Smashing up all her perfumes on the dressing table and trying to suffocate her at night, to name just a few...

I asked the white lady to stop doing these things and she told me that she was doing all in her power to prevent my mother from hurting me, but said she would stop if it was causing me upset... Made no sense at all to me at the time, but a few years later on and right up until I was about 14 year old I understood fully as to why and the white lady was right... also had many other full blown conversations with spirts in different locations over the years, that I did not even know they were spirits the whole time I was talking to them lol until they either faded away or I mentioned to the house owner that I was talking to somebody called "whatever" and they informed me that they had passed on, Some people were pleased to know I had been talking to a deceased loved one, others where mortified and upset.

As for evil entity's and forces, I have been thrown down stairways before with great force so swift and sharp you are confused as to what has happened and alarmed to see that there is not a physical body stood there as you expected... (many more experiences of this nature)

Demonic possession, both being possessed myself and dealing with others that are (though roughly 80% are fakes) with additional help of course.

It has been about 7 years now since I actually seen anything, but I can feel them and they do make their presence known to me and anyone else in the vicinity LOL even total none believers have left without a shadow of a doubt to their existence :smileroll

The reason I am not actually seeing them now is the fact that I have been far too materialistic over that period of time, But my current situation now is making me focus more on spiritual matters instead, I am now starting to see small dark blobs quickly fleeting by at times now, I fully know what they are and I also know that they are not here to harm me personally...

That is just a very small selection of my experiences.... Take my word for it you really do not want to be able to see spirits :smile: Although most of them have meant no harm.

Hense the fact I can ground and shield (amongst other things) in a matter of a few seconds now :weirdsmil

Hope I aint bored you all too much with my ramblings :thumbsup:

thought_on_a_wind
October 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM

Any help?
I can point one out to you in crowded room, walk into an abandoned house "see" nothing and then become aware of one... I have accidentally spurned someone to tears as we were drinking because I could "see" her deceased mother standing at a certain space in the room and mentioned that she was there and had a message.

Basically I quote the word see because it's more a general impression that kind of ... shapes the air and light around it, almost like Predator's stealth armor. What I'd suggest is as follows, if you feel a random reason to say and thar be a ghost, do it, point in the general direction and be done with it... after a bit start throwing in developmental assumptions such as associating a gender and general age... dont try to feel it, just let say or think the first thing that pops into your head... after you develop it more progressively add on to what you evaluate.

After a while you should start to reawaken that sense that has slumbered for so long, I'd also suggest Third Eye exercises, strengthen that bad boy and you should be able to "see" them better... and trust me, if a spirit wants to make itself known, as long as it has enough resources to do so, it can and will manifest physically.. but that works more off physical sight than psychic.

Clairaudience on the other hand is a completely separate beast, if you want to know more I'd suggest looking in a decent bookstore... but usually it can develop alongside pyschic vision.