PDA

View Full Version : Releasing negative emotion

SphinYote
April 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I've tried, when I'm angry or upset, to just let things go, let the anger flow away.

Sometimes it works...sometimes I can feel it leave (usually the "visualization" that works has it coming out of my forehead, at the area of the third eye, that's the only time I've ever actually "felt" anything leave and feel better afterward.

Most of the time, though, nothing. I've tried grounding exercises, tried sending it out through my feet (or alternatively drawing up good energy), tried just letting it go or sending it out through my hands.

No effect except most of the time the feeling intensifies rather than goes away.

Wondering if anyone has ideas for a different approach, or if there's some aspect to my thought processes that is troubling me. I know that regardless of the rationalizations I've received here, there's been a guilt aspect, that I shouldn't be burdening other things with my own angry emotions, be it the earth or stones, or anything else. Or just letting it go to float wherever. I know that people see the earth as a purifier, various stones as means of balancing, but whatever else the case may be, to me trying to put them to that purpose leads to a greater sense of wrongness in me, and a distinct feeling of "closed off" when I mentally try to ask permission. Whether from me or the focus in question I don't know, as I don't have any grounds for comparison between different things, it all feels the same.

So, ideas? I've actually been doing pretty well lately, but PMS time is coming up and I'm looking for things to experiment with, since the previous efforts haven't really worked well.

Thanks,

Yote

Lunacie
April 24th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Have you tried 'washing away' the negative stuff when you're in the shower or bath? It's okay to let the dirt wash away and go down the drain, and we're just talking about 'emotional or psychic dirt' here, eh?

SphinYote
April 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Have you tried 'washing away' the negative stuff when you're in the shower or bath? It's okay to let the dirt wash away and go down the drain, and we're just talking about 'emotional or psychic dirt' here, eh?

Yeah, tried it, though the times I did it were kind of half-hearted....late at night and tired....maybe I wasn't focusing well enough.

I'll give it another shot....probably try to give everything else another shot, as well.

Cassie
April 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I was going to say what Lunacie already said. :)

wallflower
April 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM
wouldn't someone else pick up on it if you force it out?

Ivy Artemisia
April 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I would make sure that if you "let it go" that the intent is that its flowing back into the universe. I've had several experiences before when I thought I 'let it go' later to realize the energy found its way to the person I was angry with. Bad, ouchie results. I suggest connecting with nature. Just go to a park and walk around, or sit up against a tree. Take deep breaths... force yourself to physically relax. That works for me. :)

BearDancing
April 24th, 2009, 11:37 PM
deep breathing mantras....breathing into your stomach not chest..works for me...sometimes...I too also get stuck at times and all my tool just do not seem to work...:hairred:

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 25th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Exploring the reasons behind the negative vibes, are you picking it up from outside? Is it a result of stress on your end? What is that stress related to?

daphnerose
April 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
You know alot of times when I get really stressed out and bogged down with crud I will ground by sitting cross-legged, and also put my palms flat on the floor. That really helps alot. I was getting so upset about things I would almost have panic attacks and sitting down grounding that way really helped me. Ever since, whenever I really feel I need to have a real solid grounding, I go and pull up earth energy from my hands and *root*.
Sometimes its just hard to find that release.
daphnerose

moodybeautiful
August 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I get to feeling this stuck place at work. The most frustrating thing ever. Sometimes I have to go into the bathroom and cry to release it. Annoying.

But yeah. Crying usually helps for me as emo as that is.

~*Sacred*~
September 14th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Try doing the shower in the morning. Instead of focusing on washing away negative energy (do this as well), also picture the water encompassing you in positive energy, good vibrations/protection from negative energy throughout the day.

Crying is a great release for me when I'm too stressed.

I become over-whelmed very easily. If my surroundings are chaotic (like right now my daughter's toys are everywhere and there is laundry that needs to be done so I'm going nuts) then I can't think straight, I have negative mood swings - I cop this up to bad feng shui in the home.

Lunacie
September 14th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Try doing the shower in the morning. Instead of focusing on washing away negative energy (do this as well), also picture the water encompassing you in positive energy, good vibrations/protection from negative energy throughout the day.

Crying is a great release for me when I'm too stressed.

I become over-whelmed very easily. If my surroundings are chaotic (like right now my daughter's toys are everywhere and there is laundry that needs to be done so I'm going nuts) then I can't think straight, I have negative mood swings - I cop this up to bad feng shui in the home.

Some of us who are "too sensitive" or empathic are also overly sensitivie to other things (light, noise, texture/touch, smell, taste) and the chaos of a messy house can put us in 'overload mode'. Last summer was a nightmare at our house - this summer I got a handle and one of the kidlets was at camp half the day and my adult daughter understood that she needed to help control the chaos. Much better. :smile:

Great idea about starting the day by creating a personal shield or bubble that will surround you with positive energy all day. :thumbsup: