PDA

View Full Version : How to Make Solid Perfume

Fireheart
April 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Solid-Perfume

I stumbled this earlier today. It seems like a good recipe to me and I wanted to share. :)

Solitaireraven
April 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I like this idea. Thank you for posting it.:flowers:

Clair de la Lune
May 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thank you for posting this~! Wonderful idea, plus it has links to many more.:thumbsup::boing:

Nafiala
June 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the wonderfull link!!

If you cant do it in a pan you can also use an oil burner :D
This is what i do because my mom has scent allergie's aslong as i keep my window wide open and dont leave my room for a lil while its no problem.

dtalche
July 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
This is neat. I would probably buy my beeswax from a site for soap makers since it is usually a grade meant for skin applications or use something like cocoa butter instead. FYI this is basically the same as lip balm just using regular scent instead of flavoring oil.

banondraig
July 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
The scents from candle companies they mention may or may not be safe to put on your skin, so make sure to find out before you use any of those.

LadyDryad
August 12th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Looks good! I make salves and solid perfumes, but I usually use dried herbs (crushed with mortar and pestle and then infused into the oil) as opposed to essential oil...I think 15 drops seems a bit much in 2tbsp of wax/oil. Depending on the EO used, that could irritate your skin.

...of course, dried herbs could too, if they're an irritant or if you're allergic :(.

I use a bamboo skewer to stir stuff like that. Works quite well.