PDA

View Full Version : Blockages? (chakra/aura)

ambertears
April 30th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I wasn't sure where to put this... meditation? Crystals? Newbie pagan? If i've made the incorrect choice, or this would get more appropriate attention elsewhere, please feel free to move!

I used to be a pretty good natural empath. I made a few choices after high school that took me into a emotionally abusive relationship that I stayed in for 3 years. I guess my way of surviving it was building walks and disconnecting myself psychical/spiritually and since then, with other less than preferable situations occurring along the way I've got a lot of barrier and blockages to deal with before I'm able to open myself back up to what I was like before all of this happened.

Yoga and a overhaul in my diet has helped somewhat, but I still feel a lot of muck in my spiritual system and feel off balance. I often feel very much rooted in my physical body and unable to shift my conciousness/raise my vibration to even meditate effectively. I've been having a lot of issues trying to cleanse and re-balance my chakras and aura, and before i went and paid for outside help (reiki) it was recommended I try using some tools to help, such as crystals. One recomended to me by a friend who works with crystals was Selenite. So I accuired some, cleansed them and last night I tried to meditate with them, doing my regular aura/chakra cleanse.

My solar plexus, third eye and heart chakra are all suffering from blackages and since i have two stones, I sat one on my third eye and one on my solar plexus part way through the meditation.

My third eye started pulsing and feeling quite uncomfortable, and my solat plexus burned and I started feeling ill. I took the stones off those points and kept them in my hands. The feelings lessened, but I just generally felt unconfortable. So I put the stones back in the moonlight to cleanse and then grounded. I felt slightly off ever since.

Now, I suspect that some kind of unconfortable feelings may occur when I did start moving all the stagnant energy and working through the blocks... but burning? Ill stomach? Are these kind of things just a part of the process? Or perhaps the crystals weren't what I needed, or just too much?

Any theories?

Toki Wartooth
April 30th, 2009, 11:55 AM
You might be interested in perusing the Spiritual Cleansing class.

Hmm...selenite was an interesting suggestion; that's not usually the first one I receive or suggest when one wants to clear out blockages or perform cleansing or the like. I would've gone with stones like clear quartz, amethyst, hematite, rose quartz, herkimer "diamond," turquoise, green obsidian, among others.

I'd also suggest black crystal quartz, but that can be a very "heavy" stone. I wouldn't recommend laying it anywhere on the body for much time. I've often used it to cleanse myself--chakras, aura, and all--but I never let it linger anywhere for long, and the whole act of cleansing all those didn't take long. At least IME, I've found that it's a very efficient cleaner, as well as banisher or dissipater (er, not sure that's a word, but whatever), but it's very strong. There's a somewhat fine line between cleansing/banishing and draining.

I also don't really know about your path at all, but if you work with any deities, you could perhaps perform meditation and/or a ritual in which they (or he, or she, or it, or whatever) help you to clear and clean out the issues you've been having. Recently I visualized Shiva and Shakti helping me with my chakras and kundalini, as well as with the cords that bind me to other people. I've found that, if nothing else, it's made me feel better, but I imagine it's doing more than that.

You can also use something like a broom (or anything akin to a broom, I'd say--a bundle of sticks tied together, a Swiffer duster, something) to help sweep out/off the negativity you've accumulated. I've done this in a moon circle before, with a partner, and I've found repeating it for a while helped some.

You can also make a ritual out of bathing or showering. Sometimes when I shower, I imagine all the negativity being washed down the drain with the dead skin and such. I often feel like a burden was lifted, after I get out.

Well, those are some ideas I have that you can try...but I'm not sure I can offer any ideas on why the stones would be reacting so badly. It could be that those stones just aren't meant for you, or it's the wrong time for you to use them. Perhaps something clogged up in any of your spiritual systems reacted negatively with it. Who knows. In any case, I wish you the best of luck in helping yourself cleanse and heal.

Johnathan Brisby
July 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this... meditation? Crystals? Newbie pagan? If i've made the incorrect choice, or this would get more appropriate attention elsewhere, please feel free to move!

I used to be a pretty good natural empath. I made a few choices after high school that took me into a emotionally abusive relationship that I stayed in for 3 years. I guess my way of surviving it was building walks and disconnecting myself psychical/spiritually and since then, with other less than preferable situations occurring along the way I've got a lot of barrier and blockages to deal with before I'm able to open myself back up to what I was like before all of this happened.

Yoga and a overhaul in my diet has helped somewhat, but I still feel a lot of muck in my spiritual system and feel off balance. I often feel very much rooted in my physical body and unable to shift my conciousness/raise my vibration to even meditate effectively. I've been having a lot of issues trying to cleanse and re-balance my chakras and aura, and before i went and paid for outside help (reiki) it was recommended I try using some tools to help, such as crystals. One recomended to me by a friend who works with crystals was Selenite. So I accuired some, cleansed them and last night I tried to meditate with them, doing my regular aura/chakra cleanse.

My solar plexus, third eye and heart chakra are all suffering from blackages and since i have two stones, I sat one on my third eye and one on my solar plexus part way through the meditation.

My third eye started pulsing and feeling quite uncomfortable, and my solat plexus burned and I started feeling ill. I took the stones off those points and kept them in my hands. The feelings lessened, but I just generally felt unconfortable. So I put the stones back in the moonlight to cleanse and then grounded. I felt slightly off ever since.

Now, I suspect that some kind of unconfortable feelings may occur when I did start moving all the stagnant energy and working through the blocks... but burning? Ill stomach? Are these kind of things just a part of the process? Or perhaps the crystals weren't what I needed, or just too much?

Any theories?

what youre looking for is an emotional catharsis- are you by chance trapped in a caustic enviornment?

keep in mind the biggest lie about the chakra system is that there is a 7th: there is no "G", its a myth created my "gurus" to string gifted individuals along and trickle feed them what little the so-called "guru" knows over a long period of time

Lunacie
July 26th, 2009, 06:19 PM
what youre looking for is an emotional catharsis- are you by chance trapped in a caustic enviornment?

keep in mind the biggest lie about the chakra system is that there is a 7th: there is no "G", its a myth created my "gurus" to string gifted individuals along and trickle feed them what little the so-called "guru" knows over a long period of time

There are actually way more than just 7 chakras. Some people focus on those 7 when doing balancing work, and that is generally enough to open the rest of the minor chakras, such as those in the hands and feet for instance.

Johnathan Brisby
July 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
There are actually way more than just 7 chakras. Some people focus on those 7 when doing balancing work, and that is generally enough to open the rest of the minor chakras, such as those in the hands and feet for instance.

you can have a chi blockage anywhere in the body, that doesnt mean theres a chakra there

George Lucas only made 6 Star Wars movies for a reason- the truth will set you free

Lunacie
July 26th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thinking you know the one and only "truth" can blind you to a much bigger world. Please share something (besides just your opinion) to explain why you say there are only 6 chakras.

There is a long and detailed history of there being 7 main chakras and 21 minor chakras - but there are other ways of viewing and counting the chakras as well.

To the OP: some Reiki practicioners are good at working to cleanse and balance chakras. It might help to have one of them go though it all with you the first time. But you may need to do some counseling or therapy to release some of the "muck" that is making you feel off balance before you'll be able to do those exercises yourself to bring yourself back into balance when you get off balance. And it happens to everyone. :hugz:

Ailyn
July 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I've started reading up on Kundalini meditations, and from what I've read/listened to/heard from other people about, Kundalini can be uncomfortable or even painful. I have a friend who experienced lower back pain for several months after beginning his Kundalini awakening, but after the energy cleared the blockages in that area and moved on, the pain left and he felt better than before. But if during meditation, you have a recurring pain or discomfort, you should see a doctor. One purpose of meditation is to get in deeper touch with our bodies, so the feelings could be indicative of a physical ailment. Or you could be in an uncomfortable position. Or you could just not mesh with those stones. Good luck though! :smile:

Johnathan Brisby
July 28th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I've started reading up on Kundalini meditations, and from what I've read/listened to/heard from other people about, Kundalini can be uncomfortable or even painful. I have a friend who experienced lower back pain for several months after beginning his Kundalini awakening, but after the energy cleared the blockages in that area and moved on, the pain left and he felt better than before. But if during meditation, you have a recurring pain or discomfort, you should see a doctor. One purpose of meditation is to get in deeper touch with our bodies, so the feelings could be indicative of a physical ailment. Or you could be in an uncomfortable position. Or you could just not mesh with those stones. Good luck though! :smile:

stretching really helps during that particular growth period. its funny how we can get too lazy just to reach down and touch our toes every morning. stretching is also a great way of relieving tension without weakening the body through strenuous excercise which weakens the aura and shield.

i also foud hydrotherapy very helpful, and i believe it weakens negative cording to ones energy body. some light swimming or a hot bath followed by a very cold shower with plenty of stretching before and after does the trick.

Ailyn
July 29th, 2009, 12:17 AM
stretching really helps during that particular growth period. its funny how we can get too lazy just to reach down and touch our toes every morning. stretching is also a great way of relieving tension without weakening the body through strenuous excercise which weakens the aura and shield.

i also foud hydrotherapy very helpful, and i believe it weakens negative cording to ones energy body. some light swimming or a hot bath followed by a very cold shower with plenty of stretching before and after does the trick.

Thanks man! I try and stretch about 20-30 minutes every day, but sometimes other things come up! Hot baths and cold showers sound wonderful. I'll definitely be trying those.

Johnathan Brisby
July 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks man! I try and stretch about 20-30 minutes every day, but sometimes other things come up! Hot baths and cold showers sound wonderful. I'll definitely be trying those.

no problem- kundalini is like the black suit in Spiderman 3, it enhances your gifts but it will also try to take control, which is very stressfull for not only your body but your emotional health as well. its basically a learning tool to refine and fuse your mind body and spirit into one cohesive unit, so use it as such because the power doesnt last forever.

the sense of peace and completion afterwards are worth all that time in the gym and pounding the pavement- but dont forget to stretch because a flexible muscle is a stronger faster muscle. right now your energys all over the place which is why youre so in touch with others- what you have to do is put all that energy into one small container: you.