PDA

View Full Version : Seeing things that arent really there...

CindersArsenic
May 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
im kinda worried about this.
i can see people at school sitting in places, but they're not there.
also, as a little kid i used to see gray cats with glowing green eyes peeking inside my bedroom door, but when i looked directly at them they were gone. i kinda dismissed these, since they all sort of cropped up after my werewolf friend paid a visit.

but recently, what has really been worrying me is that my Lithium went to a string camp in Pennsylvania last summer for Cello and after a few days she was seeing this pale man with black hair and red eyes following her with a knife and she was afraid to sleep. this, of course, scared me because i wasnt really as "open" about things then as i am now. after that, she started having dreams about a little boy that would come and talk to her, and waking up would think shes in a hospital bed. and then early in thte school year this year she became attatched to our science teacher and was seeing her everywhere, and then there was the Ghost.

she was driving with her mom and then this lovely Ghost woman was floating outside of her window and singing, and even though Lithium couldnt talk to her, she knew the Ghost was friendly.

what i want to know is:
What is happening to us (we're both 14, so my mom has a lot of controversy about it and always blames our hallucinations on puberty)
and also
Can we do anything to sort of enhance these visions or something? I'd like to use their aural power to perhaps heal her somehow...she is either bipolar or schizophrenic and I'd like to help her with that so that maybe the darkness in the world doesnt affect her quite as harshly.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 8th, 2009, 04:18 PM
also, as a little kid i used to see gray cats with glowing green eyes peeking inside my bedroom door, but when i looked directly at them they were gone. i kinda dismissed these, since they all sort of cropped up after my werewolf friend paid a visit.

but recently, what has really been worrying me is that my Lithium went to a string camp in Pennsylvania last summer for Cello and after a few days she was seeing this pale man with black hair and red eyes following her with a knife and she was afraid to sleep. this, of course, scared me because i wasnt really as "open" about things then as i am now. after that, she started having dreams about a little boy that would come and talk to her, and waking up would think shes in a hospital bed. and then early in thte school year this year she became attatched to our science teacher and was seeing her everywhere, and then there was the Ghost.

she was driving with her mom and then this lovely Ghost woman was floating outside of her window and singing, and even though Lithium couldnt talk to her, she knew the Ghost was friendly.

what i want to know is:
What is happening to us (we're both 14, so my mom has a lot of controversy about it and always blames our hallucinations on puberty)
and also
Can we do anything to sort of enhance these visions or something? I'd like to use their aural power to perhaps heal her somehow...she is either bipolar or schizophrenic and I'd like to help her with that so that maybe the darkness in the world doesnt affect her quite as harshly.

It could be that you are seeing spirit or energy manifestations. One thing to remember is that you and Lithium are NOT crazy puberty is a common age for these things to crop up. If anything, this is something that is becoming more and more prevalent these days. You can find comfort in each other, and help each other interpret what you are seeing. I'm not sure about the mechanics of what is happening, as it is not one of my abilities. But, in my opinion, it may be useful to keep a journal regarding your experiences.

CindersArsenic
May 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
It could be that you are seeing spirit or energy manifestations. One thing to remember is that you and Lithium are NOT crazy puberty is a common age for these things to crop up. If anything, this is something that is becoming more and more prevalent these days. You can find comfort in each other, and help each other interpret what you are seeing. I'm not sure about the mechanics of what is happening, as it is not one of my abilities. But, in my opinion, it may be useful to keep a journal regarding your experiences.

Energy manifestations? Sort of like...a poltergeist invading a home full of worry and fear or something different? She can see auras in full color..would that have anything to do with the manifestation?

Well we joke about being crazy but thats the way my family is raised and its her attitude on life :P But yeah, she told me she was a little scared of the Ghost woman and like out of the blue I told her that the Ghost was her guardian angel and she calmed down and there hasnt really been anything since.
And we've been trying to interpret these things and I do write down dreams that are amazing/crazy because the hallucinations or whatevver they are happen after dreams sometimes too and the dreams are just nice to remember because they sometimes foretell an event.
The more logical part of my mind is trying to say that these hallucinations are a byproduct of an overactive imagination, but that just doesnt seem right.
Is there a psychic or someone we can talk to about these, just to sort of help us understand?
Lithium used to go to a therapist because her family thinks she has an underlying mental issue that needs "help", but Lithium couldnt trust her therapist with any personal problems because then the information would be disclosed to her mom and then the onslaught of pills would begin.

Cassie
May 8th, 2009, 04:37 PM
?? I think you need to explain this part a bit more

what i want to know is:
What have you told your Mum and what does she actually say?

and also
Can we do anything to sort of enhance these visions or something?
Personally I wouldn't advise doing anything to enhance them. Visions can be very difficult to handle and live with. If they are going to happen, let it come naturally.

I'd like to use their aural power to perhaps heal her somehow...she is either bipolar or schizophrenic and I'd like to help her with that so that maybe the darkness in the world doesnt affect her quite as harshly.
Has she been diagnosed by a doctor as bipolar or schizophrenic? If so, the best thing you can do as a good friend is to support her in the difficult times and make sure she is taking whatever meds she has been prescribed as directed by her doctor.

And about your visions I agree with kchoy that it would be a good idea to keep a journal and write down what you see and how they change as time goes by. You might notice some patterns and begin to understand the meanings behind them.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Energy manifestations? Sort of like...a poltergeist invading a home full of worry and fear or something different? She can see auras in full color..would that have anything to do with the manifestation?

Well we joke about being crazy but thats the way my family is raised and its her attitude on life :P But yeah, she told me she was a little scared of the Ghost woman and like out of the blue I told her that the Ghost was her guardian angel and she calmed down and there hasnt really been anything since.
And we've been trying to interpret these things and I do write down dreams that are amazing/crazy because the hallucinations or whatevver they are happen after dreams sometimes too and the dreams are just nice to remember because they sometimes foretell an event.
The more logical part of my mind is trying to say that these hallucinations are a byproduct of an overactive imagination, but that just doesnt seem right.
Is there a psychic or someone we can talk to about these, just to sort of help us understand?
Lithium used to go to a therapist because her family thinks she has an underlying mental issue that needs "help", but Lithium couldnt trust her therapist with any personal problems because then the information would be disclosed to her mom and then the onslaught of pills would begin.

First, you mentioned thinking logically. Just a suggestion but a brief look into particle physics can show you that each of our cells receives information. Your brain interprets that information in a manner that you can understand. In the event that it isn't understandable sometimes that information is disregarded. More and more these days, people's brains are able to understand it. This is just a theory on my part, but I feel like that's the reason why we see so much of what you are experiencing nowadays. There are other factors regarding why people haven't come forward before but that might be a discussion for another day :)

If you would like to speak with a professional about this, I would recommend continuing to post, and encouraging your friend Lithium to do so as well. I am more than happy to discuss the subject with you, but again, I'm not sure how helpful I will be, being that seeing spirits, and energy manifestations isn't one of my gifts. I smell emotions, have some prescient abilities, and I'm a projective and receptive empath. From the sound of it, you may be hyper cognitive. here is a link to another thread regarding common psychic abilities http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=87374.

CindersArsenic
May 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
?? I think you need to explain this part a bit more
okay so my friend that i've known since before i can remember is a werewolf (im jealous because she found that out a LONG time ago). and whenever she would come over for the weekend or something, these little corporeal kitties would show up after she left. i kinda thought they were checking up on me for her or something because she owned a cat that looked kinda like them.

What have you told your Mum and what does she actually say?
I told her what i was seeing and she said "its too early to tell what they are, its probably just puberty kicking in, this happens a lot" and stuff like that. she never really understood even when i broke down about it -_-

Has she been diagnosed by a doctor as bipolar or schizophrenic? If so, the best thing you can do as a good friend is to support her in the difficult times and make sure she is taking whatever meds she has been prescribed as directed by her doctor.
Heres the fun part: shes too scared to tell a doctor because she doesnt want to take pills because she chokes on them AND her mom NEVER takes her to the doctors even when its something serious like a high fever (unfortunately, that has happened a lot!). its a gag reflex thing, a lot of people have it as well. but i DO make sure she takes her daily vitamins to keep her from getting sick! shes been having a lot less "phantom pains" as she calls them (her back hurts a lot and her neck and shoulders are sensitive and since she shares emotions with a lot of people she cant be at school a lot during the day because she hurts a lot afterwards. she picks up everyones emotions and it hurts her because she cant stop it.) ever since she started taking her vitamins and thats a good thing. shes also an insomniac, so it was good for her to find a reason to anticipate sleep every night. she got more sleep when the little boy was coming to her in dreams, but less sleep when she had a nightmare about being in a hospital bed.

CindersArsenic
May 8th, 2009, 05:02 PM
First, you mentioned thinking logically. Just a suggestion but a brief look into particle physics can show you that each of our cells receives information. Your brain interprets that information in a manner that you can understand. In the event that it isn't understandable sometimes that information is disregarded. More and more these days, people's brains are able to understand it. This is just a theory on my part, but I feel like that's the reason why we see so much of what you are experiencing nowadays. There are other factors regarding why people haven't come forward before but that might be a discussion for another day :)

If you would like to speak with a professional about this, I would recommend continuing to post, and encouraging your friend Lithium to do so as well. I am more than happy to discuss the subject with you, but again, I'm not sure how helpful I will be, being that seeing spirits, and energy manifestations isn't one of my gifts. I smell emotions, have some prescient abilities, and I'm a projective and receptive empath. From the sound of it, you may be hyper cognitive. here is a link to another thread regarding common psychic abilities http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=87374.

I didn't know that particle physics was able to mesh with a topic such as this!! :D But it really does make sense, it might just take some serious pondering to get that little snippet of info to sink in. So the confusing information is sort of cast aside? That might explain why no one listens to the wind when I tell them to...I think a reason as to why people arent really acceptant of the psychic and supernatural world is because of all the scary movies that portray ghosts as killers and such and it creeps them out to even think about it. Would that be sort of a cultural phenomenon? I know that cultures more supportive of the occult (cultures with shamans and holy men and the like) are more open about it, while American culture is apparently "too busy" to have time for religion.

I've never heard of smelling emotions before..actually never thought about linking an emotion to a certain scent, but that is interesting...I will definitely check out the link and tell Lithium to read it too :) She can probably find a lot of questions cleared up!

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't know that particle physics was able to mesh with a topic such as this!! :D But it really does make sense, it might just take some serious pondering to get that little snippet of info to sink in. So the confusing information is sort of cast aside? That might explain why no one listens to the wind when I tell them to...I think a reason as to why people arent really acceptant of the psychic and supernatural world is because of all the scary movies that portray ghosts as killers and such and it creeps them out to even think about it. Would that be sort of a cultural phenomenon? I know that cultures more supportive of the occult (cultures with shamans and holy men and the like) are more open about it, while American culture is apparently "too busy" to have time for religion.

I've never heard of smelling emotions before..actually never thought about linking an emotion to a certain scent, but that is interesting...I will definitely check out the link and tell Lithium to read it too :) She can probably find a lot of questions cleared up!

Watch "What the bleep do we know" If you are interested further try reading "The elegant universe" by david green. Both of those sources can open up a whole new world in how you percieve psychic experience.

*~Amora~*
May 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
. . .shes too scared to tell a doctor because she doesnt want to take pills because she chokes on them . . .

You know, risperidone is available in a long-acting injectable format (usually taken once every two weeks).

http://psychcentral.com/news/2008/04/03/injectable-risperidone-demonstrates-response-lowers-relapse/2112.html

CindersArsenic
May 11th, 2009, 11:19 PM
You know, risperidone is available in a long-acting injectable format (usually taken once every two weeks).

http://psychcentral.com/news/2008/04/03/injectable-risperidone-demonstrates-response-lowers-relapse/2112.html

O.O
needles?!

well, once every two weeks might be alright. i dunno.
she hasnt expressed her needly tastes yet XD

-------

:boing:WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!:boing:
Lithium's little Dream boy has grown up!!!
his hands have gotten bigger and hes no longer a toddler anymore, hes a big boy! (5-8 years old. his age is hard to peg down.)
he has blondish hair in flat curls and amaazing eyes. apparently they change colors in the light!
doesnt he just sound adddooorabllleeee??? :D

*~Amora~*
May 11th, 2009, 11:26 PM
They really help with adherence to medication. One doesn't have to take them as often or think about how many pills to take.

O.O
needles?!

well, once every two weeks might be alright. i dunno.
she hasnt expressed her needly tastes yet XD

-------

:boing:WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!:boing:
Lithium's little Dream boy has grown up!!!
his hands have gotten bigger and hes no longer a toddler anymore, hes a big boy! (5-8 years old. his age is hard to peg down.)
he has blondish hair in flat curls and amaazing eyes. apparently they change colors in the light!
doesnt he just sound adddooorabllleeee??? :D