PDA

View Full Version : Tarot deck sizes

SilverClaw
May 16th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Ok so I need some help since I am getting ready to find a printer for my tarot deck and I was wondering about the sizes of tarot decks. When I look at mine I have a variety of sizes from the Mini ones all the way to the over sized ones. For me personally due to my arthritis I find the smaller pocket type decks that fit just nicely in my hands are the best for me when doing shuffling for readings. I find the larger sizes just awkward to handle.
However when I am using tarot cards for spell work or meditation I like the larger sizes.

So what I was wanting to know is what sizes would you like to see for a tarot deck? This survey is to help me figure out what sizes are the best to use as well as help me figure out costs for printing the decks.

Thanks for your time :)

Sakurako
May 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I like bigger cards as they show a larger picture but for shuffling as you mentioned I find the regular/medium sized decks easier to handle. For me though it's not so much about the size of the card as the quality of the cardstock. I don't like it too thin because then it bends while shuffling but if it's too thick then it's impossible to fit a full deck in my hand let alone attemp to shuffle LOL.

Good luck with your deck, I'll be looking out for it :smile:

SilverClaw
May 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I like bigger cards as they show a larger picture but for shuffling as you mentioned I find the regular/medium sized decks easier to handle. For me though it's not so much about the size of the card as the quality of the cardstock. I don't like it too thin because then it bends while shuffling but if it's too thick then it's impossible to fit a full deck in my hand let alone attemp to shuffle LOL.

Good luck with your deck, I'll be looking out for it :smile:

Thank you for your input and yes Cardstock is something I am very picky about as well :) As for looking out for it I will definitly keep things posted here about it :D

LadyCelt
March 6th, 2010, 01:59 AM
For me, the size of the image is also important, not just the size of the cards. It may be easier to shuffle/manage a smaller deck, but I do feel its important the images are big enough (especially if there's lots of detail or its done digitally) to see things well. I think quality and size of image is improtant.

I would say, for shuffling and portability/managability, around just bigger than playing cards is good in my personal opinion.

SilverClaw
March 6th, 2010, 02:51 AM
For me, the size of the image is also important, not just the size of the cards Well for me at least this time around for my deck the size of the card is the size of the image Since I am not doing borders. However with my other decks that is a good point to keep in mind :):thumbsup:

I would say, for shuffling and portability/managability, around just bigger than playing cards is good in my personal opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinion it is appreciated :D

LadyCelt
March 6th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Maybe you could test certain sizes and see what people like most for shuffling, doing readings, etc?

SilverClaw
March 8th, 2010, 12:19 AM
When I get the deck published I am going to make three sizes available and then see what is more used ...