PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated & upset

Morr
May 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I'm probably just being overly emotional, but I am very frustrated today.

We started TTC for our second in January. I got pregnant right away, but had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.

Since then, almost 4 months now (and my perios has come back and is regular), we have been trying to get pregnant but with no result.

Today I got my period (right on time).

I usually know when I ovulate, especially at these last few months I've been tuning into it even more. I used an ovulation kit. We had inhtercourse the days I knew I was ovulating & fertile.

But nothing.

I know we're supposed to try up to a year, but I am frustrated regardless, and it makes me wonder if something is wrong.

We concieved Scarlet the 2nd month of trying.

*sigh*

This whole TTC business is very emotionally draining, and it doesn't help that all these moms in Scarlet's class are popping up pregnant these days...

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

Bindi
May 19th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Dear Morr,

i dont realy have any advice for you sorry. i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

it might be a good idea to go to the doctors and discuss it , there are a few conditions that can affect fertility.

but i have also been told that the more you think and stress about falling pregnant the less likely it is to happen.

i have endometriosis and cysts and have been trying for a baby for years and have been unsuccessful. every one around me is falling pregnant wich sharpens the blow for me. so i do understand how you are feeling but i do know that it will happen for you when you least expect it :)

good luck and the best of wishes !!! :)
you will get the chance to be a mum again ! :)

Monkey1212
May 19th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Keep at it. The stress thing is true. We also have suffered a set back in TTC our second. On mother's day of all days I had a miscarriage at what should have been around 9 or 10 weeks along. So now I'm back to square 1 and my doctor wants me to come in in a month after my period and check me out before she even wants us TTC again. Try and relax and just not think about it too much. It will happen. :hugz: I also hate seeing all the other pregnant moms at my son's school. I try to just not think about it too much.

DreamSpell333
May 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Im sorry that you are having trouble ttc and understand your frustration. :hugz: I know also that stress can make it harder to concieve. Dont give up! It will happen! :)

I know we tried to plan when our children would be concieved but had trouble concieving hannah (10months), Olivia wasnt planned and we had stopped trying, and vinny was concieved 2 1/2 months after losing Olivia.. very unpredictable..

More :hugz: to you!!

TheWomanMonster
May 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Aww honey. *hugs*
I've seen people go through this before and the thing they all end up finding in the end is they just have to relax.
Make sure you're taking the best care of yourself, everything else will come afterwards.

Mama J
May 23rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Morr,
I am sorry to hear that the second time around is difficult for you. I would agree with what others have said. You should relax about it and blah blah blah. And that it usually happens when you aren't thinking about it.

Unlike others though, I think that relaxing is easier said than done. Wanting something so bad and having to WAIT is NEVER EASY. I can only imagine your emotional roller coaster and the frustration, all I have for that is :hugz::hugz: and lots of baby dust for you and Semi. Best Wishes!

Morr
May 23rd, 2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

I was just going through a "woe is me" moment there.
I'm feeling better.

I feel kinda foolish, actually, I should be thankful to have Scarlet. I have a good friend who has been TTC her first for 2 years now with no luck.. What's 4 months compared to that?

Plus, we have several summer plans, so I'm thinking we won't try to stress over the TTC the next few months (do I really want to be pregnant for a week of camping in the middle of July? Do I really want to fly to Israel back and forth, 12 hrs each way, while pregnant knowing I get sick whenever I'm on a plane?).

So we'll see.

Thanks for the baby dust.. I'm collecting it :)

It's just taking longer than I expected, I guess. I thought I'd get pregnant instantly after concieving Scarlet so quickly.

Ravens_Tears
May 23rd, 2009, 03:27 AM
One piece of advice I haven't seen mentioned here yet. Make sure they do blood work to check your thyroid. If the hormone level is too low it can inhibit your ability to conceive and can contribute to miscarriage. If it is an issue , it can be dealt with, and if not, at least it's something that is eliminated as a possible problem. Good luck sweetie. :hugz:

Morr
May 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks :) I'm due for my annual gyno check up this summer.. I'll be asking allll the Qs :)

Phoenix
May 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Here is an interesting story from my hometown. A couple that I know tried for a very long time to get pregnant, no luck, they went through all the appropriate steps, still no luck. Eventually the woman's younger sister had an unplanned pregnancy. Everyone discussed the situation and she and her husband decided to adopt the younger sister's baby. They made arrangements and as soon as things were all settled, the woman found out she was pregnant ... with twins! All the babies were born within the same year, the couple still adopted their niece and are now raising three beautiful children, two girls and a boy.

Just goes to show, as soon as the stress was gone, miracles happened!

roguetamlin
May 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
I'm probably just being overly emotional, but I am very frustrated today.

We started TTC for our second in January. I got pregnant right away, but had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.

Since then, almost 4 months now (and my perios has come back and is regular), we have been trying to get pregnant but with no result.

Today I got my period (right on time).

I usually know when I ovulate, especially at these last few months I've been tuning into it even more. I used an ovulation kit. We had inhtercourse the days I knew I was ovulating & fertile.

But nothing.

I know we're supposed to try up to a year, but I am frustrated regardless, and it makes me wonder if something is wrong.

We concieved Scarlet the 2nd month of trying.

*sigh*

This whole TTC business is very emotionally draining, and it doesn't help that all these moms in Scarlet's class are popping up pregnant these days...

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

Well it sounds like you know what's needed here: patience. I think you should work on relaxing more, maybe stop "trying" for a while and just don't try to not get pregnant. You have time.

Also, big hugs for the miscarriage. It doesn't mean anything, it just wasn't meant to be. I had a miscarriage after really trying and I was devastated.

On the same lines as Ravens-Tears, it can't hurt to get a physical and a gyn exam, specifically asking for a thyroid test. Just make sure everything is up to the job and take your vitamins!

:hugz:

Morr
May 23rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all the advice :) I appreciate it! I AM going to relax, and try to de-stress and focus on our summer plans :)

Sequoia
May 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Just wanted to give you some :hugz:

BearDancing
May 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
big hugs for ya...I do not know what TTC is.....anyone care to share

TuathaSidhe
May 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
big hugs for ya...I do not know what TTC is.....anyone care to share

Trying To Conceive :)

Morr, :hugz: I know what its like. It took me two long years to get pregnant with my son. It'll happen, just keep your chin up.

Autumn
May 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Just a few extra hugs, because we all need EXTRAS!

DreamSpell333
May 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
:hugz:

Yvonne Belisle
June 2nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
When my boyfriend and I moved in together I got hopefull I would get pregnant. For a year I watched my bloodsugar and took really good care of myself and I finally gave up on the fourth of July. At the end of July I found that not only did I get pregnant but it was the day after I gave up that I did it. She is now here and we are praying I don't get pregnant before I get the warehouse shut down for good. Since I have 8 kids 6 of them from my body I feel I am done. It just goes to show what everyone is saying relax and it will happen. I also miscarried three times in my life which was really traumatic because I thought it ment I wouldn't have kids. I have been very lucky and very blessed most of the time.....

Amethyst Rose
June 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
The same thing happened to me, I ovulated after I gave up. I was watching my temperature and didn't ovulate when I expected so i thought I just wasn't going to that month and decided to relax and wait till the next month. The body holds off ovulation in times of stress, specifically so a baby isn't conceived/born during a stressful time.

Chesna
June 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
:hugz: Sorry to hear your frustrated!! I think everyone has given you wonderful advice..so I will throw you all the baby dust I can find!!! *flings baby dust*

Good Luck hun and relax, the Gods will bless you when you least expect it!!

Chesna

Morr
June 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone!

I pretty much decided its at my best interest to hold off official TTC until after our trip to Israel in mid September.

The first reason is that we are going camping for a whole week in the middle of July -- I do NOT want to be newly pregnant while camping, and I hate the heat and get sick often. I don't need extra nausia LOL

I have an ongoing, rapidly progressing fear of flying, so I want to speak to a doctor before I get on that plane to Israel about possible getting some relaxy friends (I'm thinking Xanax...). It's getting to a point where I'm getting panic attacks just THINKING about being in a plane.. So.. Yeah..

So I'm trying to relax and not thinki about it, and know it's probably for the best to get pregnant towards the end of the year. That will give me more time to potty train Scarlet!

Thank you for ALL the advice :) I appreciate it!

Glowy
June 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks everyone!

I pretty much decided its at my best interest to hold off official TTC until after our trip to Israel in mid September.

The first reason is that we are going camping for a whole week in the middle of July -- I do NOT want to be newly pregnant while camping, and I hate the heat and get sick often. I don't need extra nausia LOL

I have an ongoing, rapidly progressing fear of flying, so I want to speak to a doctor before I get on that plane to Israel about possible getting some relaxy friends (I'm thinking Xanax...). It's getting to a point where I'm getting panic attacks just THINKING about being in a plane.. So.. Yeah..

So I'm trying to relax and not thinki about it, and know it's probably for the best to get pregnant towards the end of the year. That will give me more time to potty train Scarlet!

Thank you for ALL the advice :) I appreciate it!

Oh Morr, you went and did it.. you planned a vacation. All of my girlfriends wound up preggers ( and some very expectant) after they planned an amazing, non refundable in some cases vacation. :cutie:

Enjoy your trip. I am a nervous flyer too. ((hugs))

Smiley Girl
July 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
haha The pregnancy book I have specifically says that - if you're TTC, don't plan a trip!!