PDA

View Full Version : Mil is taking daughter for a month..

DreamSpell333
May 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
So since moving back from Indiana to NH. My husband and I both know that his mother misses us and Hannah terribly. We told her that if she wanted.. she could take hannah for a month this summer.
She is flying up on the 15th of june and then flying herself and hannah to Indiana.
She is bringing Hannah to florida to see her mother/hannah's great grandmother and to disneyworld.. (Hannah doesnt know this part)
Now we told her a month.. we are willing to let it be until july 30th and then she can bring her home.
NOW today she says she will get her home before she has to start school (end of August I think)
My husband and I are going to miss her TERRIBLY and would like to spend a little time with her and her brother this summer too.
She told me that we see her more often. were here parents of course we do! The summer months are the only chance we get to
do things like go to the beach ,etc.
My husband is going to talk to his mom. This is after all our first time away from her other than sleep overs. My husband is also willing to let his mom have her all of next summer..
This after all was my idea to let her take her ..so I guess I should have seen this coming.
My only other concern is that she wont bring her back, but I dont think my mother in law would do such a thing but yet it's still in the back of my mind.. /sigh

Nesta
May 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
She's your daughter, you call the shots.
What would make you suspect that she wouldn't bring your daughter back? Have you talked to your husband about that? I think it's something you need to talk about before you let your daughter go, if only for your peace of mind.

Hope it works out well for everyone. :hugz:

watersprite
May 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
What she said.

DreamSpell333
May 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
She's your daughter, you call the shots.
What would make you suspect that she wouldn't bring your daughter back? Have you talked to your husband about that? I think it's something you need to talk about before you let your daughter go, if only for your peace of mind.

Hope it works out well for everyone. :hugz:

I dont really think my MIL would do that to us. She loves her son but
I know how hard it is going to be for her to bring hannah home and
know that she wont see her for atleast another year..
My husband and I are going to tell her she can take hannah and have her back by July 31st.
I have to have a letter written up stating that she can give permission to treat hannah if she should get sick while in her care and state from June15th until July 31st and am having it notarized.. She is the one who asked for this but just for medical purposes.
We want her home before august though so we have time with her.
She also has a dentist appointment and I have to reschedule a hearing ENT appointment in august..