PDA

View Full Version : How can I...

Rainstorme
May 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
For a long time i have been able to tell people things...or just "known" things... for example- i told my best friend that she was pregnant before she had even had symptoms of being pregnant. I was talking to my sister on the phone one day and i told her she was pregnant too- (i ended up telling her all 4 times that she was pregnant before she knew she was.) Three of those times i "knew" that she was going to miscarry right before it happened... I dont know how to explain this last thing- but its like i was just thinking about totally random things and it just popped into my head..but this is what it was that popped into my head- in my head i saw a cloudy day, and i saw myself getting ready for work and then driving towards work. one thing that stuck out on my mind was a strecth of the highway and a red light. And then the next thing i knew i was calling my friend kelly to come get me because i had been in a car accident. I couldnt shake that off for a few days, and finally i told my friend what i had "seen" and i told her it felt so real to me. I told her that I felt like it was going to happen, and to please keep her cell phone on her for a few days to ease my mind. Sure enough 2 weeks later, it happened exactly as i had seen it in. I tried to avoid it because i knew it was going ot happen, butit still ended up happening. I dont have these experiences often. Is there a way that I can learn to open up to them more?

Nesta
May 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Aslana, nice to meet you. :)

What you are explaining is something that I have been able to do my entire life. I'm sure many others on MW can too so you're in good company for asking questions. Everybody will have their own view about it, I just think of it as being in touch with my instincts.

Before I say anything can you tell me if you ever get worried or frightened about the things you know? Have you ever tried to block out anything that your instinct told you?

Rainstorme
May 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, I have been worried and very afraid of some of the things that I "saw". There have been a couple of times that I tried to ignore it- but it was almost impossible because of the worrying I was doing.

Nesta
May 28th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I have to say first that other people will have their own methods, there are no rights or wrongs, you just have to find out what works for you. It's pretty much trial and error.

The reason I asked if it ever worried you is because it used to worry me a lot. I got really stressed out about some of the things I knew and that is what forced me to confront it.

I stopped shying away from the information I was getting. I just let all the messages/emotions/information hit me. I stopped trying to stop it. It was a bit like being in a house that was on fire, I could get to safety but I had to walk through a wall of flame, ie I had to test myself, my courage and my determination.

To be honest it was one of the most momentous experiences of my life. I can't exactly remember how long it lasted but it seemed to pass quickly because it was so intense and took up so much of my energy and concentration. Afterwards I had to rest as much as possible because I was so drained.

The purpose of letting it all hit me was to give myself a sort of baptism of fire. I had to overcome my fears. I didn't know how I could deal with it until I tried because I didn't know exactly what I was dealing with until I faced it completely. This is when I learned to trust myself and to know that I have never been given anything that I wasn't capable of dealing with, I just had to learn how.

When I opened myself up to empathy I discovered a personal way of understanding the emotions and messages I was getting. This helped me to compartmentalise them. I was able recognise the feelings and sort them out in order for myself. eg feelings that I often accept, ones that I will consider carefully, ones that are permanently barred from my mind unless I have a very good reason for letting them in. It gave me a calm and considered perspective on the visual and emotional messages because the fear of what I may find out had gone.

The most important part of this process was a change in my perspective concerning all the things I know and am continually being given information about psychically. I now view all emotions as valid and necessary. I'm not afraid of any emotion in any intensity, I know I can handle it. I also now view emotions as flavours (for want of a better word) and these are ingredients that make up a sort of recipe concerning each individual and the situation in question. This is important to me because it lets me retain a detachment when necessary so that I don't get too drained or too caught up in it all. It also helps me know when to walk away and what should be ignored (that's connected to my personal ethics).

Learning to deal with the information you are getting will open up your mind in ways you can't imagine. It will also help to give you peace of mind and let you shut off to rest and recuperate. While it's never been as intense as the first time I do have to go through a lighter process once in a while, like a refresher course.

Hope some of that helps. It makes complete sense to me but it's so personal I realise it may not be what you need. Just see if any of it feels appropriate to you.

Rainstorme
May 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this. I appreciate it in more ways than you know. Thank you so very much!

Nesta
May 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
You're very welcome, it's no problem at all.

Feel free to ask me anything, either here or in a pm if you want to keep it private.