PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3, anyone?

evergreen
June 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM
So, I bought the game almost a week ago. I was a huge sims 2 fan, so 3 had a lot to live up to.

I'm enjoying it so far, but the story progression feature is annoying me. Though I think it's hilarious when you marry a sim into your family and they come with a kid because they adopted it because of their free will feature. The whole customizing everything is brilliant. All of my houses are like giant rooms of matching colors and fabrics. :cutie:

halfwaynowhere
June 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM
i'm dying to get it, but i'm not sure how well it will run on my computer. I have to check, I think it meets the minimum specs, but it has some issues, and I don't think it can handle the game very well.

Oh, and there's another reason. I would seriously play it all the time, and put the rest of my life on the back burner for a few weeks or so. My bf wouldn't be very happy, lol. He already got pretty mad at me because last weekend, he wanted to go out, but I was too involved with playing the Sims 2.

Bettie
June 9th, 2009, 12:15 AM
It's a pile of fail. Sims 2 is much better. Sims 3 seems to be aimed more at traditional gamers, most of which probably wouldn't touch The Sims with a ten foot pole anyway. It's almost like a console game, running around, finding stuff, collecting shit...meh. I'm so glad I didn't actually pay for mine.

Galen
June 9th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I found Sims 3 to be much more enjoyable. Both visually and the gameplay. It's not the typical "Let's stay home and have babies for our entire fracking lives."

It's much more realistic. The graphics are beautiful, the sims models look great. As a former content designer for the Sims 2 and 1 games, I am eager to get on the bandwagon for creating new content.

I definitely recommend picking this up. If you want sims with a hint or realism, awesome graphics, and an entire new level of depth...this game is definatly for you.

Bettie
June 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
It's much more realistic. The graphics are beautiful, the sims models look great. As a former content designer for the Sims 2 and 1 games, I am eager to get on the bandwagon for creating new content.

Really? I found the actual Sims to be butt-ugly compared to TS2 Sims. They all look obese, and their eyes are bizarre, and no matter how much I fiddle with the slider thingy, they all look kind of the same. Custom content will definitely help! :)

Galen
June 9th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Really? I found the actual Sims to be butt-ugly compared to TS2 Sims. They all look obese, and their eyes are bizarre, and no matter how much I fiddle with the slider thingy, they all look kind of the same. Custom content will definitely help! :)

Do you remember The Sims 2 before custom content? I'm a fan of Eaxis stuff and all the content I made was to match it or improve it. Just give it time, hehe.

Bettie
June 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Do you remember The Sims 2 before custom content? I'm a fan of Eaxis stuff and all the content I made was to match it or improve it. Just give it time, hehe.

Oh, yeah, I remember the days of The Fugly Townie Killing Spree...:lol:
For now, I think I'm going to stick with TS2 until someone fixes all the annoyances, creates some decent CC and maybe the release of a couple of expansion packs, too. :)

Terra Mater
June 9th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'll wait until they get about 4 expansion packs out before jumping into it.

Winged Mermaid
June 9th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I haven't played Sims since the original.. MAN was I addicted to that thing. I'd make up soap operas and record the plot with screen shots in the album :P I used cheats and add-ons from the internet a lot. My favorite was this rejuvenation thing- it was like a shower that they got in, and when they got out, all of their stats were 100%.

Anyway /rant *blush*

I saw the commercials for 3 but I don't know if I'd like it. Maybe if I have a friend who gets it first, and try it out ;)

MammaStar
June 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
*stands up* Hi. My Name is Mamma and I'm a SIMS addict. LOL

So, even after I said "No I won't buy it. I love my SIMS 2. I refuse to do this to them. Yeah, I bought it. On Sunday. I was having some gameplay issues, but the boards are filled with people with the same problems (downloading content and choppy gameplay) who had brilliant suggestions and now so far *knocks wood* my game runs better. I play on a laptop which meets the requirements (and probably surpasses) but I still needed to do some tweaks to it.
I like the custom content. I didn't fool with it much on SIMS 2 because sites like TSR (the sims resource) have designers that make such nice things I was always downloading something from them. I'm still not that creative with creating a house. Everything is still kinda boxy.

I can't really say "yay or nay". I'm playing SIMS 3 right now testing it out. I miss my EPs and I really hope the whole "no EPs for a year" is just a bad rumor and we'll see something. I miss having Pets. And my favorite EP from SIMS 2 is Seasons. I don't see any weather issues happening on SIMS 3. It can't be sunny ALL THE TIME! LOL

evergreen
June 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
It's a pile of fail. Sims 2 is much better. Sims 3 seems to be aimed more at traditional gamers, most of which probably wouldn't touch The Sims with a ten foot pole anyway. It's almost like a console game, running around, finding stuff, collecting shit...meh. I'm so glad I didn't actually pay for mine.

Yeah, my sims keep bringing up wishing to collect rocks. I can't think of anyone in real life who runs around collecting rocks and seeds.

evergreen
June 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
i'm dying to get it, but i'm not sure how well it will run on my computer. I have to check, I think it meets the minimum specs, but it has some issues, and I don't think it can handle the game very well.

Oh, and there's another reason. I would seriously play it all the time, and put the rest of my life on the back burner for a few weeks or so. My bf wouldn't be very happy, lol. He already got pretty mad at me because last weekend, he wanted to go out, but I was too involved with playing the Sims 2.

Probably smart to wait, then. I've done almost nothing since I bought it last week. It coincided quite nicely with my last day of school, so it's Sims 3 all day long. :weirdsmil