PDA

View Full Version : Barnes & Noble deck

novimarra
July 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
The deck is by Jonathan Dee (cards by Shirley Barker). This was my very first deck and even though I own one other deck, the Golden Tarot, I still use this one. I can't give it up, no reading has failed me yet!

I'm pretty sure others know about it, I've seen a MW post of someone's altar with a few cards from the B&N deck on it. Here's a link to some info on it - http://www.wicce.com/barnesandnoble.html

Owd Scrat
July 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
The deck is by Jonathan Dee (cards by Shirley Barker). This was my very first deck and even though I own one other deck, the Golden Tarot, I still use this one. I can't give it up, no reading has failed me yet!

I'm pretty sure others know about it, I've seen a MW post of someone's altar with a few cards from the B&N deck on it. Here's a link to some info on it - http://www.wicce.com/barnesandnoble.html

That's a cool happenstance! I haven't been MW for awhile now and saw your post just wrote a bit ago.

I too picked up this deck too after seeing some scans. I have heard about off and on but the images I fell in love with! Something about the woodcuts-style type art .....I adore etchings and woodcuts.

I love the wands suit....WHY oh why didn't she do the other suits in the same "moody minors" way? Did she run out of time? LOL That is one negative about the deck. BUT the colours and images are to me very alluring and captivating. I haven't read with it yet (got it a couple weeks ago) but I've gotten quite a few new decks in the past month!

Tarot of the Sweet Twilight
Vampire Tarot (Place)
Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle
Tarot of the Masters (James Ricklef)
Nature Spirits Oracle
Goddess Tarot
Tarot of the Elves
Mystisches Kipper (German oracle)

:hahugh: Sooooo I've been playing and working with a lot of fantastic new ones! The Tarot of the Sweet Twilight is now a firm favourite....so it the hypnotic and mesmerizing Vampire Tarot.

BUT I have taken out the Jonathan Dee Tarot often and just looked throught the wonderful images. He's actually an ancestor of the infamous John Dee....

novimarra
August 31st, 2009, 07:31 AM
BUT I have taken out the Jonathan Dee Tarot often and just looked throught the wonderful images. He's actually an ancestor of the infamous John Dee....

Really? I wondered about it but then thought nah it couldn't be.

I'll check out those other decks too, since we seem to have similar tastes :) You've certainly been busy in the last month, that's quite a few. Ah so jealous...