PDA

View Full Version : Waiting. . .

Poledra
July 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well, my partner and I have been trying to get pregnant, and I now totally understand how you can start imagining things! I can't believe how much I've been poking myself to see if I have sore breasts or if I'm feeling extra tired because of the late night or because of something small growing inside of me.

It's still too early to test, but my nipples have been feeling weird and sensitive and sometimes even bruised. But it's not significant enough or regular enough for me to do more than tell myself that I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Man the human body is irritating! Wish it was easier to understand from the inside!

Poledra

Nyxchik
July 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Sorry I can't give advice ('just be patient' is not what you want to hear, I know!), but it may make you feel a little better to know you aren't alone. I am in the exact same boat. Every little thing could be a symptom (fingers crossed). I've wondered if my breasts are sore because I keep poking at 'em to see if they're sore... :)
Oh well, I should have a better idea by next week. How about you?
Hugs and energy-
~nyx

Poledra
July 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Every little thing could be a symptom (fingers crossed). I've wondered if my breasts are sore because I keep poking at 'em to see if they're sore... :)

Exactly!!

Wom-yn! Can't leave well enough alone, always poking and prodding things. . .

I should know in the next week or so, in the meantime, I'll just enjoy the excitement!

Poledra

CelticMoon11
July 3rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Don't let it get you down if it takes a while. With my first son it was second month trying got pregnant, this time took nearly 9 months of trying to fall. My friend fell pregnant at the same time as me first time around, and miscarried twins, it has taken her 2 years to fall again and this time around she's now 14 weeks and still going strong.

Best of luck, just try and relax, I found the month I stopped caring was the month I fell! Stress levels don't help :) Good luck!

Monkey1212
July 3rd, 2009, 05:25 AM
I'm also playing the waiting game. I'm mostly trying not to think about it too much. I know stress can make it take longer. So other than making sure we had sex frequent enough I try not to think about it. My 3 year old is a very good distraction. :hahugh: Good luck, baby dust and hugs to you!
-monkey

DreamSpell333
July 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Im also waiting to find out. We werent planning another but I spotted on the 14th of june (and dh didnt help! ) JUST like with vinny and have yet to start. I tried testing yesterday but was negative.. Im currently on day 38 of my cycle and dont feel like Im going to start.
Im trying to remain calm and not think about it but it is nerve wracking.. /sigh

Poledra
July 6th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well, I just couldn't wait any longer and tested. . . and it was a very faint positive!!!

So, I'm now trying not to hyperventilate while waiting for DH to get home to tell him. He's going to be so happy! I'm flipflopping between happy and terrified because of the changes I know will be coming.

I feel like I'm 16, not 26, and therefore way too young for this. I'm not a grown up yet!!

Heh, big changes coming our way in. . . March 2010!

Poledra

DreamSpell333
July 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Well, I just couldn't wait any longer and tested. . . and it was a very faint positive!!!

So, I'm now trying not to hyperventilate while waiting for DH to get home to tell him. He's going to be so happy! I'm flipflopping between happy and terrified because of the changes I know will be coming.

I feel like I'm 16, not 26, and therefore way too young for this. I'm not a grown up yet!!

Heh, big changes coming our way in. . . March 2010!

Poledra

Congrats to you and hubby! :)

Poledra
July 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks! Now I just have to find some books. .

Good luck to everybody else that's waiting. It's quite a rollercoaster!

Poledra

DreamSpell333
July 6th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks! Now I just have to find some books. .

Good luck to everybody else that's waiting. It's quite a rollercoaster!

Poledra

What to expect when your expecting is a good one. We (dh and I ) both read it during my pregnancy's.

Nyxchik
July 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Oh Poledra- Congrats, YAY!!!! :boing: I'm really happy for you. I have a couple more days before I will test... fingers crossed tho.
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (http://www.amazon.com/Mayo-Clinic-Guide-Healthy-Pregnancy/dp/0060746378/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=IOC6FXBB53YTF&colid=29LQR0036UORE)is the book that has been suggested to me most frequently. Also gets very high reviews on Amazon. I have an entire wish list of books saved on their website... :)
Have fun sharing the news this evening!!!
Hugs ~nyx

Smiley Girl
July 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I know how you feel - about feeling 16 and not 26! Though I am 23, but I still feel way too young to be a mommy! even though technically our bodies are ready for it from when we are early teenagers.

Congrats!!! I hope it goes well!! :)

Glowy
July 15th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Bright Blessings to you and your wee one to be

Just for the record.. I never "felt preggers" at first. Pregnancy hits women differently.