PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Anxiety of pregnancy post miscarriage

Monkey1212
July 12th, 2009, 04:10 AM
So I think I might be pregnant again. Which would be great but is also a lot nerve wracking. I had a miscarriage in May, my second one. I had one before I had my son, but this one was very sudden and after we had heard the heartbeat (seen...they do a lot of scans in Japan). I'm waiting until AF is a little later before I take a HPT (mostly because I only have 1 left and its a pain to find one here). I guess I'm just wondering how those of you who have gone through similar situations have dealt with the anxiety that you're going to lose this baby too. Thanks.
-monkey

Bindi
July 12th, 2009, 06:20 AM
i dont know if i have any good advice but i have had 2 misscarriages and have never carried a baby full term. i think all you can do is talk to your baby let him/her know that you realy love and want him/her.

put it to the univers and spirits that you sooo very much want this pregnancy to go full term.

have faith and (this is going to be hard but) keep your stress to a minimum and stay possitive. you have one child so there is a big possability that you will have no trouble carrying this baby. but take it realy easy and dont push your self !

am thinking of you and your unborn child. am sending you soothing and protective white light xx

good luck !! i realy hope all goes well for you both

blessings xxx

DreamSpell333
July 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Im sorry about your misscarriages, if you are pregnant I wish you a healthy one.
Ive never misscarried but have lost a baby so I can sympathize with you. Good Luck and keep us posted on how your doing! :)

Lunacie
July 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
My daughter had two miscarriages before her first baby was born. She was ambivilent during the whole pregnancy, still concerned even in her third trimester that something would/could go wrong. However, I've read stories from other mother's here on MW that by the second trimester, or after hearing the heartbeat or seeing the baby move on the sonogram that they were able to relax and enjoy the anticipation. I hope you'll be able to so before too long. And CongaRats!

alwaysfallingup
July 12th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I think I understand very much how you feel. I have never miscarried, but that is because I have never had a pregnancy before this one, after almost 8 years of trying. I have read a lot about pregnancy with my condition (PCOS) and the information was far from reassuring. So, I'm just trying to take things one day at a time, keep calm and take the very best care of myself that I can. Every doctor's visit is a step forward, one more that I can cross of my list of steps to having this baby here with me. I am trying not to let the panic win and trying to just let the experience happen.

I hope the very best for you!

Monkey1212
July 16th, 2009, 05:31 AM
So big false alarm there. Just started my period. Rats. Guess my cycle isn't totally back to normal yet. Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone.
-monkey

Lunacie
July 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's not all that unusual to have a bit of bleeding during the first trimester - I had a couple of what seemed like very light periods after getting pregnant. Could still go either way, eh?

Caitlin.ann
July 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Could bleeding also indicate another failed pregnancy as well?

Lunacie
July 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Uh oh. Yup, it could.

Cloaked Raven
July 16th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I've heard that there are plenty of reasons why a woman has some bleeding during a pregnancy... One is implantation of the fetus into the uterine wall, another is pressure on the cervix (later on in the pregnancy), sometimes during sex while pregnant... I'd have to do a google on the subject to remember all of the reasons why... It does not necessarily mean miscarriage.

I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up either... Just stating a fact here. :)

Either way, I do wish you all the best of luck. :hugz: Sending baby prayers your way. :)

Monkey1212
July 17th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I had bleeding before my last miscarriage. I don't think that's what this is. I never really felt pregnant this time, I was just late. I think my cycle was still off. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Better luck this month.

Bindi
July 19th, 2009, 02:42 AM
good luck !! i hope you get blessed with a healthy pregnancy soon :) xx

Monkey1212
September 12th, 2009, 06:26 AM
So I have great news. I'm pregnant! Happened faster than I think I expected it too. So now I need to schedule an appointment with my doc. I am now trying to keep any anxiety and fears away. Not too hard right now since I'm super happy and excited. Thank you all for your happy thoughts.
-monkey

Lunacie
September 12th, 2009, 08:30 AM
CongaRats! And best wishes for you and the wee one. :hugz:

Cloaked Raven
September 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
So I have great news. I'm pregnant! Happened faster than I think I expected it too. So now I need to schedule an appointment with my doc. I am now trying to keep any anxiety and fears away. Not too hard right now since I'm super happy and excited. Thank you all for your happy thoughts.
-monkey
Congrats!! I'm sending some "be healthy and stay put until your due date" energy to the little one and some calming energy to you. :hugz:

Best of luck and lots of warm thoughts to you, your SO and your little one. :hugz: