PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

PhoenixRose
July 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure if this is considered 'psychic' or not but advice would be loved.

Ever since I was really young [the first time that I really remember I guess I was about 5, which ironically was the biggest I've ever had] I've had dreams that come true. As I said, the first memory I have of this type of dream I was roughly 5 years old. I had gone into my parents room [before they split]. In the dream, I was standing in my front yard crying, I thought our dog had died.

A year or so later, sure enough my father's dog Puma died of cancer. Dream fulfilled right? Not entirely. Fast foreward a few more years, I guess I was 7 or 8, I'm standing in my front yard crying, living the dream after my mother told me my father commited suicide. At the time I didn't put two and two together. Then, I started having dreams again and it all started coming together.

Since that first dream, I haven't had any other that were as important, just little things that become moments of deja vu. I then began talking to my grandmother and learned that I wasn't the only one in the family that had these dreams. She too had them as well as her grandmother.

Anyway, I was curious if this is considered an 'ability'. If so, is there anything I can do to strengthen and harness these dreams so they're not just random incidents?

Cassie
July 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Yes, I'd say it was an ability. I think a lot of people have predictive dreams from time to time, some people more so than others. It is interesting that you say your grandmother and great, great grandmother had similar dreams because these abilities do sometimes seem to run in families, skipping generations. I'd talk more to your grandmother to find out how similar your dreams were and what other psychic abilities you might have in common.
In order to 'hone' your ability (if you are sure that is what you want to do) I would start by keeping a written record of your dreams, a dream diary, in which you make notes as soon as you wake up. As you look back through it, as well as noticing any obvious things that actually happen you may begin to notice other patterns and symbols in your dreams which could have meaning in themselves.

PhoenixRose
July 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM
We've talked a lot and while we both have dreams, that's about where it ends. Mine are usually situations where I'm seeing the event through my own eyes. In hers, people speak to her.

One of her dreams, her sister and her were having issues over something [apparently her sister was in the wrong, I'm not sure of the details]. Her father had passed away by this time. Anyway, during the time she was having problems, she had a dream that her father was leaning against his old truck and said 'Don't worry about it Linda [he was the only one that ever called her by her first name], I'll take care of it'

Sure enough, he did. A few months later a church held a dinner of some sort that wound up poisioning a lot of people, some dying, her sister was one of the ones that got sick. Ever since then she tends to get really paranoid whenever she has this type of dream.