PDA

View Full Version : A magic room or something.

Xx.TheUnforgiven.xX
August 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Hey!
Okay, I'm good with the element fire, but, I need a magic room or whatever you want to call it, so I can work with the element fire. Ideas?
~Mariah~

TheWomanMonster
August 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
a sandy beach...

brymble
August 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
You don't "need" a separate room or special props for any type of magick, no matter what element you work with.

If you're performing fire magick, please be careful how you use physical fire. Even an innocent candle can cause devastating damage, as I know all too well.

TheWomanMonster
August 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
You don't "need" a separate room or special props for any type of magick, no matter what element you work with.

If you're performing fire magick, please be careful how you use physical fire. Even an innocent candle can cause devastating damage, as I know all too well.

Too true...
we must respect fire - because it won't respect you.

brymble
August 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Just curious, Unforgiven, since this is the Advanced board - I notice you're 15. How long have you been practicing? Perhaps you'd better build more basic skills, and explore the spiritual side of Paganism before specializing and going "advanced".

If you are drawn to fire magick, then go ahead and explore that element (with extemely cautious respect for mundane safety!) But don't close yourself off to other types of spiritual learning experiences by trying to specialize this early, or go around fancying yourself a "fire mage" just yet.

Advanced Paganism (and Advanced Magick) does not mean more or fancier toys, having a lot of cool props, or special rooms to play in. Nor does it mean having more drama surrounding your practice (a common mis-assumption even a lot of older, more experienced Pagans seem to make.) Although it sounds unglamorous, one of the marks of real advancement in Paganism is actually understanding the truth of that fact.

Torey
August 2nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hey!
Okay, I'm good with the element fire, but, I need a magic room or whatever you want to call it, so I can work with the element fire. Ideas?
~Mariah~

What do you mean you're 'good' with the Element of Fire? Not picking you apart - I'm just genuinely curious. What are your 'talents' with Fire? Why do you think that you need a separate room? If you can't answer these questions, then you need to seriously examine working on your understanding of magick in general.

ayrabella369
August 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Greetings,
i would suggest you delve more into paganism. if need to ask the question your asking then you need to study more. I have a circle room in my house that i use all the time no matter what im working with...if ur in circle ur protected (from most things mundane excluded)
please look more into your chosen religion or post in the just paganism catagory.
and above all be cafeful
)O( BB

Garm
August 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Hey!
Ideas?
~Mariah~

Asbestos sheets

Lunacie
August 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
Asbestos sheets

Isn't asbestos unhealthy?
Maybe a fire extinguisher.

The question I would ask is "What kind of magic work are you wanting to do with fire?" That would help to formulate helpful answers about where best to work with it.

One of the most effective spells I've done (besides general healing work) was using the heat from the furnace one icy winter night. I was sitting in my rocker in front of my computer right next to the furnace vent. Didn't need anything special or a special place.

omar
November 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Good with fire? Like in fire bug?

zilith
December 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
If you are going to be using fire I would suggest a room that has a concrete or stone floor and no hanging curtains or sheets.

If you can do it outside that would be better, especially if you have a fire pit.

Also as was mentioned above always be sure to have a fire extinguisher, which is a good idea even if your just using candles.