PDA

View Full Version : It has come to my attention...

Amilee
August 21st, 2009, 09:41 AM
....That there simply isn't enough digital art being posted up here so here's what I need to know from all of you...

1) What would you like to see from me your forum guide

2) What would make it easier to post images on MysticWicks

3) How can I get and keep your interest for longer?

Also, because I haven't and really should have, does anyone want to see my own work up here? Would that contribute to morale? If I do post my artwork what would you like me to tell you about it?

This concludes my survey! Hope to hear some good opinions!

SilverClaw
August 21st, 2009, 04:22 PM
I have wanted to see those of us DA's to get a contest going but I know there is not enough of us but still trying would be fun.

Also tutorials by you would be nice, it is one to be putting other peoples tutorials, but seeing you do one may spark an interest in others. whether it is video format of photo format.

Also, because I haven't and really should have, does anyone want to see my own work up here? Would that contribute to morale? If I do post my artwork what would you like me to tell you about it? yes I would love to see your work here and though I am not good at critiques but I will tell ya what I think :)

Also I will be posting my work once I get settled in my new place.

Amilee
August 22nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Sounds good. The effort of putting together a tutorial is just too much time for the amount I have at the moment, HOWEVER I will be trying to get one out for the magazine. <3

As for pictures I'm working on one at the moment that I'll show as soon as I get this all worked out. <3

TygerTyger
August 22nd, 2009, 03:40 AM
I always enjoy seeing other people's work and try to check them out when posted.

I don't have as much time as I would like, something that probably plagues everyone else too, but I do make an effort.

It would be good to create an environment where people could post examples of their work knowing that they would receive constructive criticism. I've just started with digital art and I feel that I am very much still finding my way so the occasional article on how to do even the basics would be very much appreciated!

:thumbsup:

SilverClaw
August 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Sounds good. The effort of putting together a tutorial is just too much time for the amount I have at the moment, HOWEVER I will be trying to get one out for the magazine. <3

As for pictures I'm working on one at the moment that I'll show as soon as I get this all worked out. <3
Ya I understand I have done tutorials before so I can sympathize :) And I look forward to seeing it :D

I've just started with digital art and I feel that I am very much still finding my way so the occasional article on how to do even the basics would be very much appreciated! What type of tutorials are you looking for exactly? Basics is a pretty broad term, are you looking for tutorials on landscape digital paintings ? Tutorials on how to do faces or what? Let me know that way I can look for things to help you out I have a lot of resources I have collected over the past three years so let me know ok? And did you look through the stuff Amilee already posted?

Amilee
August 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Let me set up a progressive art piece thread here and I'll show you my process. We'll use the one I'm already working on right now...

Oh my.

Glowingsun
August 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I find it a bit of a pain that I have to upload stuff into photobucket just to post a pic here.

SilverClaw
August 24th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I find it a bit of a pain that I have to upload stuff into photobucket just to post a pic here.
Why do you not upload your work to the photo albums you have here in your profile ? I find it is a pain the size limit but still sometimes better then photobucket.

TygerTyger
August 24th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Ya I understand I have done tutorials before so I can sympathize :) And I look forward to seeing it :D

What type of tutorials are you looking for exactly? Basics is a pretty broad term, are you looking for tutorials on landscape digital paintings ? Tutorials on how to do faces or what? Let me know that way I can look for things to help you out I have a lot of resources I have collected over the past three years so let me know ok? And did you look through the stuff Amilee already posted?

It's just working in the digital medium. I use GIMP at the moment and I'm struggling with doing the backgrounds, using filters, selecting areas for cutting or adjustment, etc. It's not the composition, just the tools that I need some help on.

Amilee
August 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM

Ravenseye has answered this question already. Yes, the size to upload's smaller than it should be BUT it's better than loading it one place and then posting it in another.

Tyger, GIMP is great, I also recommend SAI if you're looking for inexpensive programs. :hahugh:

SilverClaw
September 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I use GIMP at the moment and I'm struggling with doing the backgrounds, using filters, selecting areas for cutting or adjustment, etc. It's not the composition, just the tools that I need some help on. Ah ok I have not used GIMP in several years so I will see what I can do once I get back online ok ? :D'

I also recommend SAI if you're looking for inexpensive programs. :hahugh: it is inexpensive now? :lol: :)

Glowy
September 3rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
I lurk as I have No talent in this media.. I would LOVE to see your work:boing:

I think it would bring tons of traffic to your forum

SilverClaw
September 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I lurk as I have No talent in this media..Hey I had not talent either and well I am learning so you can try to ya know ( just saying ) :uhhuhuh:

Amilee
September 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Please try! I try to always give good critiques and it's very gentle (unlike some art forums) Respect is the key word here. ^^

Show us some of your stuff! Doo it!