PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mentor...

malinaltzin
August 22nd, 2009, 03:39 AM
Hi!

I'm 29 and live in central London (UK) with my husband and 2 year old boy. We're moving to the outskirts of London later this year (a gorgeous place with a stream, woods and meadows nearby). I'll have a garden then and plan on using it to grow tons of herbs (and fruits and veggies for my family!)

Ever since I was little, I've had a huge interest in nature, animals and esoteric stuff. As a child/teenager I'd read up everything I could about it and had friends I'd discuss it in depth with, but at home my family basically thought it was superstitious nonsence. My mother's familly is agnostic, my father's familly is devout catholic (though he's more agnostic). I've grown up with a Catholic culture, but as a non-practicing Catholic.

I guess I should also add that I'm Mexican. Catholicism is a little different in Mexico as it got deeply hybridized with the traditional pre-hispanic Mexican culture. Growing up I'd always see or hear about shamans and witchdoctors, there's a massive market dedicated to witchcraft in Mexico city (which my dad would take me to as a treat). At home we had loads of books on the history and folklore of it and I loved it! I loved learning about the witchdoctors and shamans.

In my mid teens a lot of stuff happened. I left home and got into a really wild lifestyle and my whole life got basically put on hold for about 5 years. When I came out of that I got married and had my first child, so it's only now that I've started actively looking for my path again.

I've started reading books about paganism, shamanism and wicca. I've got a hoodoo book on the way, I'm interested and eager to learn! I don't think wicca is the way for me.

From what I've read, I think my path is (neo)shamanic / hedgewitch....
I'm interested in divination, herbalism and developing psychic abilities..

About my mentor:

I guess I want someone experienced, who can relate with what I said to help guide me. I've had quite a few strong experiences (really vivid dreams that seam to say something, premonitions, strong feelings about people) but nothing too frequent and nothing I can control or even be 100% sure about.. I guess I'm hoping for someone to help find how I can develop that side of me.

As a full time mother my life can be quite hectic (especially as we're moving in a couple of months!) but I love reading. Chatting and skype might not be possible, but emailing and stuff will. I hope that's ok!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Peace

Kalika
August 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Incoming PM! :lol: