PDA

View Full Version : Flirting at work

Vampiel
August 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
What do you think? Dangerous? Innapropiate? Fun? Annoying?

Cosmic_dragon
August 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
ehhh never a good idea in my experience. distracts from working and can cause personal problems at times.

HetHert
August 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Yes to all of your suggestions. It really depends on the person, the reciprocation, and the manner it which it occurs and the circumstances it leads to.

Cunae
August 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM
fun but never appropriate!

Ivy Artemisia
August 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
The danger makes it fun. ;)

Chaos Hawk
August 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I think it's a bad idea personally. Although where I work there are a lot of married couples who both work there and they met at work....so I guess sometimes it can work out.

Glowy
August 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Even if you are just work pals with a member of the opposite sex, people LOVE to gossip.
My co worker likes to joke that if it were not for sexual hassasment at work, he never would have met his wife. ( They met at a different company)

Personally, I would not do it because I don't think it is a good idea career wise.

I am sure it happends alot, as work is where people spend a lot of time, it depends where you work.. and how long you intend to stay there. When I was at uni, I bartended and waited tables, and flirting with the male bartenders was fine and not frowned upon. I won't do that at my corporate job.

aranarose
August 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
In today's litigious society, it's a tad on the dangerous side.

memnoch
August 27th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I flirt with everyone all the time, it is my personality. It rarely gets beyond flirting as it is meant to be fun and make people feel good.

Rowan Darkmoon
August 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
For me personally, I wouldn't do it. Being the supervisor it would get me in a lot of trouble.

sarabethv
August 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I think it depends on your definition of flirting.

For instance, someone does me a favor I might say; "Oh I loooove you." Reply might be, "Oh honey you know you my only one." A silly form of flirting. We laugh and no one takes it serious.

If you are refering to the flirting that goes in front of a possible hook up or relationship. No, absolutely not, never at work.

Bettie
August 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I work with women only, so we just tend to restrict ourselves to the occasional ass-grope.

Flaire-FireStar
August 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Working around men all day, it's practically expected of me. It doesn't go further than slight banter.

Caitlin.ann
August 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Its bitten me in the arse..I don't suggest it.

Catiana
August 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I think it depends on your definition of flirting.

For instance, someone does me a favor I might say; "Oh I loooove you." Reply might be, "Oh honey you know you my only one." A silly form of flirting. We laugh and no one takes it serious.

If you are refering to the flirting that goes in front of a possible hook up or relationship. No, absolutely not, never at work.

I agree

*oonagh*
August 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
i used to flirt all the time when i worked with men. it was great fun. problems would only come about when someone would want to take things beyond flirting.
now that i work with women, i don't flirt. work is a bit more boring these days <g>.

Philosophia
August 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Depends on the person and the current relationship you have with them.

TheWomanMonster
August 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM

It can be very very very fun.
:cutie:

But probably inappropriate and stupid.

JimSte
August 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Flirting at work

Some times it seems totally like the thing to do. A number of my crushes have been this,
and it was always free from problems.

Vampiel
August 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
It can be very very very fun.

But probably inappropriate and stupid.

Its even funner if you come to the janitors closet. :deviltail

Flaire-FireStar
August 28th, 2009, 08:48 PM
With co-workers, or customers?
:smileroll

Vampiel
August 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
With co-workers, or customers?
:smileroll

Yeeeesh your pulling customers into the janitors closet? :lol:

I know how much you like that Wally world dressing room. :p

Flaire-FireStar
August 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I haven't got a janitor's closet. :foh:

And I believe you're quite fond of that dressing room as well, mister. :bigblue:

TheWomanMonster
August 29th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Its even funner if you come to the janitors closet. :deviltail

Nah we'd just sneak out of work earlier,
or this one time he caught me behind a stack of pallets....

REPEAT!!
VERY VERY FUN.
VERY VERY STUPID.

halfwaynowhere
August 29th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I've flirted with a few clients that i see once a year at most, but considering my co-workers are mostly stay-at-home mom's working part time, or retired older men, I don't flirt with them. And even with the client flirting, its mostly just friendly chit chat, nothing major.

Fairywolf
August 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM
It all dependes on the people. I can't help but flirt. It is ingrained into my system.

Rudas Starblaze
August 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
flirting at work...

completely inapropriate(sp), annoying, and dangerous. especially if you have one of those jobs that means it could cost you your job (or even jail time depending on circumstances that are sometimes completely absurd).

of course, i think flirting is inapropriate(sp) and dangerous anyway unless its with a significant other given the definition of the word flirt.

Vampiel
August 29th, 2009, 05:24 PM
And I believe you're quite fond of that dressing room as well, mister. :bigblue:

:shhhh: No clue what your talking about here. _whistle_

of course, i think flirting is inapropriate(sp) and dangerous anyway unless its with a significant other given the definition of the word flirt.

:wtf: ok... what if you dont have a significant other?

Bluewillow
August 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
It really depends on the person, the reciprocation, and the manner it which it occurs and the circumstances it leads to.

I agree with this.

Astara Seague
August 29th, 2009, 11:47 PM
let me just say in my experiance it has not been a good idea..
fun but not smart:uhhuhuh:

Phoenix Blue
August 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Don't crap on your dinner plate, is all I have to say about it. :)

Melian The Maia
August 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Excluding some exceptions, I wouldn't say that it's a good idea. If all that flirting leads to a relationship which in the end doesn't work, you still have to see that person every single time you go to work. Not something I'd look forward to :blech:

Invidosa
August 31st, 2009, 08:36 AM
As the only girl in an office full of boys, and a girl in what is traditionally a "mans" market (I manage a construction firm) If i did'nt flirt at the office, it would be problematic for me. They guys work well with me partly cause they know I can roll with the punches and dont' take everything personally.

However, in my last job (I managed a grocery store) it would have been entirely utterly inappropriate, and possibly would have cost me my job.

so, even though I am an utter and unabashed flirt, i have to say it really depends on the circumstances and the comfort level of those around you.

Rudas Starblaze
August 31st, 2009, 03:45 PM
:wtf: ok... what if you dont have a significant other?

if you dont have an SO and the person youre flirting with doesnt have an SO, its all fair game. (sorry, i left that out in my first post.)

Flaire-FireStar
August 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
As the only girl in an office full of boys, and a girl in what is traditionally a "mans" market (I manage a construction firm) If i did'nt flirt at the office, it would be problematic for me. They guys work well with me partly cause they know I can roll with the punches and dont' take everything personally.

This is mine, too.
Even with people who come in my office; they know it's a man's market, and so they're going to flirt. I don't unless they start, then I'm all for the banter. But nothing ever physical, just harmless banter between myself and my co-workers, or my regular customers.

ShadowcatX
September 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
I've always thought it was good, harmless, fun so long as it didn't go past a certain level.

However, about two weeks ago my manager resigned admist rumors that he'd been having an affair with a co-worker for 10 or so years. All sorts of hell have come down on my department, and I believe this played a part in it so my oppinion is changing, at least for people with authority.