PDA

View Full Version : Problem House.. Need Help

Rose Sunny Rionach
November 29th, 2002, 12:00 AM
Not sure if I'm in the right forum thing but I'll ask anyway... My friend lives in a house that she really doesn't need to be living in.. She's physically and emotionally abused every day. Her parents are drug attics and alcoholics. She moved to live with one of her mother's friend's house and she was attemptedly sexually abused. She got sent to stay with her mom for Thanksgiving and was gonna stay there untill Sunday, but she recently found out she got kicked out of her mom's friend's house, too. She wants to go to the judge and sign over her rights as a minor for adult rights, but her parents would never allow that. We wanted to kinda sneak her to the judge, but her parents won't let her out of the house. Does anyone know what we can do for her? She doesn't really want anyone to get in trouble becuase of her. So can anyone please tell me anywhere I can go or something I can do to find out on how I can help my friend?

materra
November 29th, 2002, 12:56 AM
If she is in danger and is being abused call Child Protective services for the county she lives in. They are listed in the phone book. All State counties in the US have Children in need of protection laws.

Having said that....I think it is important to know that often involving the state or county authorities can be leaping into the fire out of the frying pan. The system is overworked and can also place a child back into the home if they think it is not so bad.

Another way is to go to the school psychologists. They are mandated to report abuses. In addition they can often help kids find the coping skills they need to survive crazy households.

Another resource would be Alanon, they are free and in the phone book too. If they are not listed, call AA and they will direct you to an age approprate group. It is designed to help people who live with drug addicts and drunks survive the problems in as sane and intact a manner they can.

It never hurts to take a friend to these meetings, and you can learn alot too. We live in a world of addictions, it never hurts to learn how to survive being around people who are addicted.

Brightest Blessings.

Yvonne Belisle
December 1st, 2002, 12:22 PM
You can check the threads at the top of this forum. There is a thread there with a listing of the various state agencies.