PDA

View Full Version : Gnostic theology?

PaganSpirit
September 10th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I was wondering if all Gnostics generally share the same theology - by which I mean the Supreme God creates Sophia creates Demiurge creates Cosmos hierarchy. I have a huge fascination with Gnosticism but this is something that has always bothered me, particularly with it's very negative view of the universe.

Rudas Starblaze
September 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
most gnostics have a different view of jesus's life and material that is known as "the new testament". most of them follow the OT and a few other books that are not in the standard KJV, NIV, or NKJV, or the NASB (which the NASB is the closest in actual translation for the record).

grant it, the gnostics do hold true to the negative aspects about the universe, or life and existance if you will. hell, anyone who has a TV, radio, or the internet can tell that stuff is upon us as we speak. but most people are too blindedly arrogent or stupid to admit it or accept it....

David19
September 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Some Gnostic groups do have different cosmologies, and not all take a negative view of the universe, although, like Rudas said, if you just watch the news, read the paper, etc, you can understand why.

If you haven't been to it yet, you might want to check out Gnosis.org (www.gnosis.org), it's a really good source for all things Gnostic.