PDA

View Full Version : Forum Guide Nominations: The Military: Past, Present and Future

Flaire-FireStar
September 11th, 2009, 12:32 AM
The nominations are now open!

We are currently looking for one new Guide for Military: Past, Present and Future

Just a reminder for those who weren't around when the first round of nominations came about:

Guides are not moderators. However, we are working on having new "powers" for the Guides so that they may now move, stick, close and edit threads on their own. Guides also encourage activity in the forum, whether by introducing new topics, starting games, etc. :)

There will be no vote afterward. When the nominations close, I will take the nominees to the other admins and we will discuss who we think will be a good guide for each forum.

The rules for nomination:

1. Nominate two members who you think will make good guides and will have fun at it! We don't want to think of this as work. ;)

2. If you are nominated and don't want the position, you can always decline.

3. No admins. :p

The qualifications for a Forum Guide nominee:

1. Should be a member for 6 months, or a regular posting member in the forum in which they are nominated.

2. Should have at least 250 posts. Nominee should have a significant number of posts in the forum in which they are nominated.

3. Should not be currently on Admin radar - nominees who directly refuse to heed Administrative directives will not be considered for the position.

4. Must be willing to commit to the position. If a Guide is found to be unreliable, does not log in (without prior notice) exceeding 3 months, or is shown to be ineffective in their forum, status will be revoked.

Nomination thread will close in approximately two weeks (September 25). After the admins have done all their discussing and have chosen a new Guide, I will come back and make an announcement.

Have fun!

memnoch
September 11th, 2009, 12:41 AM
damn it, I got excited thinking this would be for PP and I know the perfect person for that :D

Philosophia
September 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM
damn it, I got excited thinking this would be for PP and I know the perfect person for that :D

There is already two forum guides for PP.

memnoch
September 11th, 2009, 12:51 AM
There is already two forum guides for PP.

its about time we get rid of one of them :p

Philosophia
September 11th, 2009, 12:56 AM
its about time we get rid of one of them :p

Nah...I think they're doing a brilliant job. :smile:

Flaire-FireStar
September 11th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Nah...I think they're doing a brilliant job. :smile:

Bit biased? :giggle:

No, you guys rock. Srsly.

Infinite Grey
September 11th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Better not have been you... cause I would vote for the Canadian truther first :thumbsup:

memnoch
September 11th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Better not have been you... cause I would vote for the Canadian truther first :thumbsup:

good thing you wouldn't have a vote then :p

BryonMorrigan
September 11th, 2009, 01:07 AM

How about Memnoch and I become joint guides of PP? Come on! Think of the FUN!

The only unlocked threads would be the ones where we make fun of Canadian "truthers."

Infinite Grey
September 11th, 2009, 01:07 AM

I'd be as bad a choice - though we'd both be better than Lais.

Philosophia
September 11th, 2009, 03:36 AM
How about Memnoch and I become joint guides of PP?

How about...no? :smile:

KC Destroyer of Worlds
September 11th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Sleepycat and Vampiel...

*ducks*

monsnoleedra
September 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Well if no one is going to nominate someone, I'll volunteer for it to help out the site. I suppose 23 years as an active duty practioner in the Navy might help.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
September 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Well if no one is going to nominate someone, I'll volunteer for it to help out the site. I suppose 23 years as an active duty practioner in the Navy might help.

Right because I'm wearing a chopped meat sweater:sadeyes:

monsnoleedra
September 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Right because I'm wearing a chopped meat sweater:sadeyes:

Nope not at all. Mostly yours looked to me like more of the ongoing PP forum nomination game. Especially with the "Ducks" tacked at the end.

KC Destroyer of Worlds
September 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Nope not at all. Mostly yours looked to me like more of the ongoing PP forum nomination game. Especially with the "Ducks" tacked at the end.

I was ducking because of the PP nomination game :lol:

Hope
September 11th, 2009, 07:04 PM

second

Flaire-FireStar
September 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Just a reminder that the nominations will be closing soon, so get those last minute nominees in. ;)

Flaire-FireStar
September 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Nominations are now closed!

Results will be posted shortly.