PDA

View Full Version : What genre ...

SilverClaw
September 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM
What genre do you have the most problem trying to write?

For myself I find Mysteries difficult to write, and no matter what I try it does not really go anywhere... nor do I feel what I write would hold a readers attention.

Awhile ago though I felt the same way about Science Fiction, but here I am writing two books that are Sci-Fi related. So maybe one day I will get an idea for a mystery writing. Who knows right? :)

~Audra~
October 22nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Mysteries

you took the word right out of my mouth...i want to write a really good one, like Agatha Christie...who-done-its seem to be the hardest of all...they just seem impossible to me...i want to write one that the "who-did-it" character would be the least obvious character...but at the same time have little hints and clues that pointed to him/her that would only come together at the end...

Cunae
October 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Spy novels. I could never write one!

thought_on_a_wind
October 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
What genre do you have the most problem trying to write?

For myself I find Mysteries difficult to write, and no matter what I try it does not really go anywhere... nor do I feel what I write would hold a readers attention.

Awhile ago though I felt the same way about Science Fiction, but here I am writing two books that are Sci-Fi related. So maybe one day I will get an idea for a mystery writing. Who knows right? :)
Present day, mundane dramas are the death of me... especially when the context of blood or tragic death are removed (actually had a creative writing assignment with such constraints... what the hell's creative about that?? I ended up getting an F after the story my friend and I wrote about a sniper and his wait/the unnerving mental struggle involved and the such... had that teacher a major in English instead of Science she may have appreciated the homage to "The Pit and The Pendulum")...

Also of struggling importance, measured verse rhyming poetry... it's too sappy and constrictive, thus too hard for me to concentrate on. (although I am an undying fan of Poe's "An Enigma" [not to be confused with Enigma which is a different poem] as that portrays my angst w/measure verse appropriately although the poem itself is measured verse...)

SilverClaw
October 25th, 2009, 11:24 AM
.i want to write a really good one, like Agatha Christie Aye so I do she is one of my favourite authors, but I really do not think I am ever going to..

Spy novels. I could never write one! ya Spy novels love to read but once again not my strong point though it is better then mysteries :D