PDA

View Full Version : The Victorian Flower Oracle Deck

Karena
October 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Has anyone used or have an opinion on the The Victorian Flower Oracle deck? I think its really beautiful & interesting. Might want to put it on my wish list. Amazon has it.

Owd Scrat
October 16th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Good evening! _whistle_

Yes I do have it & love it! It was actually the 2nd Magic Realist deck that I ever bought back in the Autumn of 2006....and since then I have been a hardcore Magic Realist junkie. :fpraise:

This oracle truly is in a class all it's own, it has such an authentic energy and aura around it. It really does look as if it should have been found in a dusty attic of a an old victorian mansion. The backs are stunning and they have antique gold ink layered over them.

They're based on the original early 19th century engravings by JJ Grandville, I don't believe the creators changed much about them other than restoring the poetic and subtle colouring of the etchings.

The cards really do have a surprising range of meanings and interpetations.....the images speak volumes within a spread or one card draw. They can get right to the point and they have a wicked sense of humor! They are a great larger card size as well....somewhere around 3x5 inches.

I really think you would be completely charmed with them and they give everyone I know who has this set awesome, inspiring readings and insights.

The companion book is far and beyond what you usually get with oracle decks. Very in-depth. Besides the botantical meanings of each card and the meanings/divinations..throughout the book there are delightful tidbits of Victorian flower lore and folklore and a few original spreads. Also some about the traditional english garden. It really does go into detail with the historical love of flowers the Victorians had and how they were such a part of their life.

brymble
October 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I have a flower oracle deck published by Lo Scarabeo. It's a beautiful addition to my collection, but I don't often use it. I think it's the Mother Nature Oracle.

Karena
October 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you both. :thumbsup: I keep going back to it as I love flowers and grow many heirloom varieties. Will most likely get it as soon as I get a bit more learning and experience. I might should go ahead and get it as I read somewhere it might not be available pretty soon....or maybe that is just something to get more sales. :confused:

Karena

Owd Scrat
October 24th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Thank you both. :thumbsup: I keep going back to it as I love flowers and grow many heirloom varieties. Will most likely get it as soon as I get a bit more learning and experience. I might should go ahead and get it as I read somewhere it might not be available pretty soon....or maybe that is just something to get more sales. :confused:

Karena

No, not at all! A great majority of Magic Realist's decks have sold out.....Bohemian Gothic Tarot, Victorian Romantic Tarot, Baroque Bohemian Cats (2nd edition), Tarot of Prague (both 1st & 2nd editions)! All gone.

You should see the prices the Bohemian Gothic and Victorian Romantic are going for on Ebay or Amazon! $200-$900. The higher prices are being fetched by the Silver edition BG and Gold edition VR.

The only ones available for a reasonable price now are the oracle we're talking about, Fantastic Menagerie Tarot and Fairytale Tarot!

The publishers have stated they are for sure not reprinting the FM or FT Tarots. And they are not even sure they can afford to reprint their top sellers...the Bohemian Gothic or Victorian Romantic. And if they did it would be in the vague future. So they command huge prices. They are a very small publisher (2 people) so they just can't afford things many times.

So....lol....you might want to pick the oracle up at some point soon if you are drawn to it!

Karena
October 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
No, not at all! A great majority of Magic Realist's decks have sold out.....Bohemian Gothic Tarot, Victorian Romantic Tarot, Baroque Bohemian Cats (2nd edition), Tarot of Prague (both 1st & 2nd editions)! All gone.

You should see the prices the Bohemian Gothic and Victorian Romantic are going for on Ebay or Amazon! $200-$900. The higher prices are being fetched by the Silver edition BG and Gold edition VR.

The only ones available for a reasonable price now are the oracle we're talking about, Fantastic Menagerie Tarot and Fairytale Tarot!

The publishers have stated they are for sure not reprinting the FM or FT Tarots. And they are not even sure they can afford to reprint their top sellers...the Bohemian Gothic or Victorian Romantic. And if they did it would be in the vague future. So they command huge prices. They are a very small publisher (2 people) so they just can't afford things many times.

So....lol....you might want to pick the oracle up at some point soon if you are drawn to it!

I might have to get the Bohemian Cat Tarot as I feel more and more drawn to it. Not a cat person exactly(only dogs)but have always felt the need to collect cat figurines for some reason. I do like helping homeless cats but due to a family allergy to cats, I couldn't own one.

I did just now order the Bohemian Cats from Amazon. I just got the Fantastic Menagerie and truly love it! Also got the Tell Me Tarot to learn with....I like it as well although its extremely hard to shuffle. Not so with the FM deck...very easy to shuffle. Its my favorite!