PDA

View Full Version : Store Ad

revdeborahmills
December 8th, 2002, 02:16 PM
I have a question concerning Shops. If you lived in a small town, would you use the shop that is owned and operated by true Pagan Wiccans such as the Sacred Circle in downtown or would you buy from a owner who is of a major Christian denomination? Who claims paganism and Wiccas are evil?

skysteed
December 11th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Personally, the bottom line is cost.
If "they" want to tell me I am going to "HELL" fine, let them.
My brother (non pagan) tells me that all the time and I just say. OK, but I don't believe in Hell, so if it doesn't exist, I can't go there.
Gets him every time. ( I do love to get his goat :D )

skysteed
December 11th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Seriously though, that is a decision you have to make.
Not all non pagans hold the same attitude.
If you are uncomfortable dealing with these people, just go somewhere else.
I try to deal with the pagan businesses, but sometimes that it not possible. And I do love a bargain.

WtchyChick13
December 11th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by revdeborahmills
I have a question concerning Shops. If you lived in a small town, would you use the shop that is owned and operated by true Pagan Wiccans such as the Sacred Circle in downtown or would you buy from a owner who is of a major Christian denomination? Who claims paganism and Wiccas are evil?

Hi there,

First off, let me welcome you to MW. I'm sorry I'm a little late in doing this--forgive me. But welcome, howdy and hi there! :wave:

I hope you will introduce yourself up in the Just Talk forum--we love to welcome people there! :lol:

Anywhoo, in reference to your question...I come from small towns where "new age" shops don't exist. I now live in a big city where again, these shops don't exist. I have to go find them.

However, when I do shop in such establishments, I go with my gut. If I get a bad vibe from a store, I leave immediately. If I get a good one, I take my time, look around and shop.

Of course, if there is a shop preaching to me that we are evil, I'm outta there! I never allow myself to walk into an uncomfortable situation where I know I'm going to be outraged...well at least for shopping. (Sometimes, you've got to do this in life.)

It's my money, I work hard for it and I'm not about to support folks who dislike me based solely on my beliefs.