PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Participating in NaNoWriMo?

BelovedDru
October 21st, 2009, 10:57 PM
Well, kids, we're getting close to that magical time of year again...NaNoWriMo! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, it means "National Novel Writing Month", which is of course in November.

The whole goal is to write a novel (at least 50,000 words) between Nov. 1st and Nov. 30th without worrying about the quality--just creating as much as possible within a one month span.

There's a website to sign up with for free, and if you make the 50,000 and submit it, then you get a nifty badge. I don't do it because I'm paranoid about plagarism...but it's a great tool to help me keep up with my word count.

So here it is, if anyone's interested: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I of course am participating. Anyone else joining in the fun?

faye_cat
October 21st, 2009, 11:09 PM
I want to, but not this year. Too much going on in November. Doctor appointments, moving, all sorts of crap. Gotta wait til next year. -sigh- Best luck to you though!

aranarose
October 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Me, me, me!!! My 12-year-old son is doing it too. We both know what we're writing about :D

Windsmith
October 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Come one, come all, and hang about in our other NaNo thread (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=35870)! It's a massive collection of word-fueled insanity.

~Audra~
October 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
i'm planning on it...i "won" the last two years...i still have the rest of the month to get all my ideas in the same bag (my head)

good luck to all!

if anyones interested, i'll trade novels at the end of the month...you read mine and i'll read yours (i welcome ANY type of constructive criticism)

Elea Dor
October 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm hoping to participate again this year, so long as school doesn't get too insane! I'm still trying to figure out what to write about though. I'll figure it out eventually, I'm sure, but it's a little nerve-wracking cause I don't really have much time left before it starts! :D

Saturnalia
October 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I am not sure. As much as I do write and have an idea in my head for a maybe novel, I'm not sure I'll be able to cut it down to 30 days. Suppose there's no harm in trying amid screenplays or renassiance poetry lol. may make a change depending. hehe, I'll think about it nearer the time.
:uhhuhuh: