PDA

View Full Version : What do You Celebrate?

zombi
November 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
In doing my reading around the resources listed here, I've seen on some sites that there is a "womanpath" or "feminist" wheel of the year that traditions follow, in which the names of the holidays are "feast of [goddess name]". Is this correct? Do any of you follow this?

shebear
August 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
In doing my reading around the resources listed here, I've seen on some sites that there is a "womanpath" or "feminist" wheel of the year that traditions follow, in which the names of the holidays are "feast of [goddess name]". Is this correct? Do any of you follow this?

This thread is sort of old, but I'm going to continue it anyway because I want to answer it lol.

I know there is a Dianic or feminist (whatever you want to call it) Wheel of the Year which was started by Z Budapest and her coven. I don't really follow it because I'm not Wiccan. However, I do do special things on the seasons such as on winter solstice, autumn equinox, etc. I'm also solitary, so I don't hold a feast or anything.

I'm a devotee of Artemis, Lady of the Beasts, so I being unoriginal, I take her festivals which was celebrated in patriarchal Greece and turn them "Dianic" or "Amazonian." (Mostly I just do rituals.) I sometimes celebrate them on the same dates as some of the festivals from the Wheel of the Day because they go so well together.