PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Woman Helps Pull Teens Off Officer

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM
ALTON - Angela Gutierrez says she had to do something when she saw a police officer being attacked.

"Nobody wants to be in that situation," she says.

Gutierrez, who is nine months pregnant, was driving down the road with her husband and child, when she saw a group of teens attack a police officer.

The Alton officer was called to the scene to break up a fight. Before arriving he already knew he would need help and called for backup. The teens the officer spotted refused to cooperate. Instead, they attacked.

Dashcam video recorded sounds of the teens beating the officers repeatedly.

Help finally arrived for the officer. It wasn't another officer. It was Gutierrez, whose baby is due in two weeks.

Link (http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Pregnant-Woman-Helps-Pull-Teens-Off-Officer/OdPkMHFjBkaOJb1zbGIKzw.cspx)

If a woman 9 months pregnant could help, why couldn't the neighbors. Amazing story.

Nicholas
December 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hormonal woman saves Cop...

better headline.

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM

better headline.

Jerk.

_inabox_

I'll show yous hormonal! You just wait 'til you knock me up..you don't know what yous askin for!

Nicholas
December 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Jerk.

_inabox_

I'll show yous hormonal! You just wait 'til you knock me up..you don't know what yous askin for!

I knows what I'll be asking for a divorce.

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I knows what I'll be asking for a divorce.

:razz:

aluokaloo
December 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
you guys! :lol:

anywho, not trying to diss on pregnant chicks but this clearly wasn't her brightest moment.

Lokabrenna
December 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Good for her! :thumbsup:

Wolfpoet
December 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
She's a bloody idiot.

What if one of those teens had punched or kicked her in the belly?

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
She's a bloody idiot.

What if one of those teens had punched or kicked her in the belly?

I would have personally called the cops but at least she did something.

aluokaloo
December 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I would have personally called the cops but at least she did something.

yeah same here. i'm not saying its a bad thing to be heroic mind you, its just that sometimes, its not the smartest thing.

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
yeah same here. i'm not saying its a bad thing to be heroic mind you, its just that sometimes, its not the smartest thing.

Lol yeah usually being heroic is the exact opposite of self-preservation.

aluokaloo
December 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Lol yeah usually being heroic is the exact opposite of self-preservation.

ahh cowardice. its the name of my game.:smileroll

Lunacie
December 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Her hubby and child were in the car with her and he did nothing?

Well, the article doesn't say. Maybe he was calling 911 for help. Maybe he was handicapped. But maybe he could have locked the child in the car and gone to help.

Sequoia
December 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
That woman was nuts, and clearly not thinking about her baby!

I mean, it's great and all that she saved the police officer, but dude, the danger she put herself and her unborn baby in... :noway:

evergreen
December 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Damn. Yeah, jumping in was not the best move. But, hey, at least she and her baby are okay (I'm assuming, it doesn't mention anything in the article).

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Her hubby and child were in the car with her and he did nothing?

Well, the article doesn't say. Maybe he was calling 911 for help. Maybe he was handicapped. But maybe he could have locked the child in the car and gone to help.

Haven't read further in the thread..just wanted to comment on your post. In the video they've been showing on CNN and HLN it shows a rather large (tall and wide) man calmly dialing 911 and pulling the woman back almost cuddling her..I assumed that was her husband.

aluokaloo
December 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Haven't read further in the thread..just wanted to comment on your post. In the video they've been showing on CNN and HLN it shows a rather large (tall and wide) man calmly dialing 911 and pulling the woman back almost cuddling her..I assumed that was her husband.

it could be that her husband is the pacifist and she's the ass-kicking brawler?:wth:

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
it could be that her husband is the pacifist and she's the ass-kicking brawler? :hmmmm:

Haha possibly! Maybe the teens were too afraid of that big guy to beat her back or they noticed she was about to pop and decided if they hurt the fetus it could go down as homicide?

aluokaloo
December 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Haha possibly! Maybe the teens were too afraid of that big guy to beat her back or they noticed she was about to pop and decided if they hurt the fetus it could go down as homicide?

or maybe she opened a can of whup ass and they acknowledged her supremacy as top b****! in that case i feel sorry for anyone who messes with her kid, who tries to break into her house. cause she's all raahhh!

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Haha yeah. Or with her distracting the punk ass kids the cop could get up and defend himself again and with neighbors and the husband watching no one would let the preggy lady get hurt. Just a thought. Plus back up should have been nearly there by then.

watersprite
December 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM

better headline.
Apparently pregnant female hormones have more boobs than an entire neighborhood of danglers.

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Ehh! Sorry the correct answer is "balls".."pregnant female hormones have more balls than an entire neighborhood of dangling men".

watersprite
December 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Ehh! Sorry the correct answer is "balls".."pregnant female hormones have more balls than an entire neighborhood of dangling men".
The difference being that most men won't risk their precious danglers to help anybody. I said MOST men. I am not attacking the entire sex.

Caitlin.ann
December 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
The difference being that most men won't risk their precious danglers to help anybody. I said MOST men. I am not attacking the entire sex.

Oh I know..I was only attacking the men who just stood by in the video.

watersprite
December 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
AH, the MACHO danglers...lololol!

kingcanine
December 15th, 2009, 08:11 AM

Technically, you'd only be attacking a single guy, as I only saw one man standing in his driveway not doing anything to help.

Personally, I probably would've done a flying leap into the middle, but I'd say I lean more on the reckless side of the spectrum than most people. That and military training helps too. :toofless:

Lunacie
December 15th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Ah, then good for him. I don't click on videos when the girls are home - can't hear the videos for all the other noise in the room. My computer is set up in the dining room which is pretty much open to the living room (tv, WII, GameCube, etc). Maybe I can take a quick peek before the other alarm clock goes off and the rest of the family starts their day. Thankies.

Infinite Grey
December 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Gutierrez, who is nine months pregnant, was driving down the road with her husband and child, when she saw a group of teens attack a police officer.

:alol: Ok, The husband waits in the car while his near bursting pregnant wife jumps out and rescues a police officer from a horde of violent delinquents... it's easy to see who wears the pants in that household. :rollingla

ignescentphoenix
December 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM
At least someone did something.

The best part is that nobody got tased.:thumbsup:

I think you mean most PEOPLE won't risk thier lives for a stranger. You may not be attacking one gender, but you did single one out.:whatgives

Lunacie
December 15th, 2009, 01:49 PM
:alol: Ok, The husband waits in the car while his near bursting pregnant wife jumps out and rescues a police officer from a horde of violent delinquents... it's easy to see who wears the pants in that household. :rollingla

That's what I was wondering - until SS pointed out that the video shows a big man (presumably the hubby) talking on a cell phone and pulling the pregnant woman off the little jerk - who then takes off running. Well, someone ran off and I'm guessing it wasn't the officer.

Caitlin.ann
December 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
That's what I was wondering - until SS pointed out that the video shows a big man (presumably the hubby) talking on a cell phone and pulling the pregnant woman off the little jerk - who then takes off running. Well, someone ran off and I'm guessing it wasn't the officer.

Yeah he was a really big and tall man who was calmly pulling her back while talking presumably to 911. Which isn't surprising..were I a man seeing my pregnant wife jumping in on a brawl I would do the same, but a little more hysterically.