PDA

View Full Version : @ All you creative people

[V]
December 23rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
This has been driving my crazy all day.

So the other night, I found a transparent CD. U know those plastic transparent disks that come with every pack of blank CDs?

Anyways, I was looking at that the other day trying to figure out what I could make with it. Later that night I had a dream where I made a really cool tool out of it. It was either a divining tool or some kind of tool for apophenia.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it was, or how it worked.

So can anyone think of some cool ideas that I can make with this for the purpose of divination or apophenia?

Preferably apophenia, because I did just finish a book called "The Apophenia" By Peter J Carroll.

Any help would be much appreciated.

RosemaryRabbit
December 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
You could turn it into a pretty niffty divination mirror if you paint the back black or silver and then black so that it has a black mirror effect. The you can put a bunch of different artifacts say shells, or stones and glue them or fit them around the edge.

Just a random thought, I just see it in my head and thought I would throw it out there.

~Blessings

Amilee
December 24th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I agree making it into a scrying mirror would be very pretty! I know those CD's and they're gorgeous for warding off bad spirits in the garden too. Stunning really.

Chicory_Witch
December 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I agree making it into a scrying mirror would be very pretty! I know those CD's and they're gorgeous for warding off bad spirits in the garden too. Stunning really.

:thumbsup:

[V]
December 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM
But it round and has a hole in it!
its gotta be something that spins haha.
:boing:

Raivynne
December 24th, 2009, 11:59 PM
You could cut out a square in it, and then attach it to paper or cardboard something with drawings, and spin it around, and see what it lands on. Like a color wheel.

Ailyn
December 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Ooo, ooo!!:boing: Paint the back of it reflective, then BREAK it!, and make it into mobile to confuse bad energy (like dreamcatcher meets fun house mirror). You can hang it then. :uhhuhuh:

meowmeow
December 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I've seen a tool like that to tell if dragons/fairy spirits were near.. A disk was on a string, one side had an egg and the other a dragon. You spin it and the side that faces you will say what's near (eggs mean nothing, dragon means a spirit).

You can also use it as a indicator for a spirit talking board.

Lupagreenwolf
December 31st, 2009, 01:34 AM
Perhaps utilize the hole itself in the scrying?

Newbieoffractals
February 13th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe make it into a drop spindle? (Yes... I got that idea from Mysts of Avalon. Don't laugh... XD But spinning with a drop spindle is fun, and easy to multitask with, so you could easily divine with it)

thought_on_a_wind
February 14th, 2010, 02:29 AM
'ts what I was thinking, to further allow one to focus as the rest of the mind is absorbed upon the actual surface of the disc.... Sort stamp a hole in one end, attach some rawhide to it, and sort of decorate it with some abstract tribal around the cd.

After hanging it up so that the contraption is about eye level you could twist the rawhide up loosely (not too tight mind you as that'd imabalance the spin I figure) and allow it to go unwind and go back and forth.... fixing the eyes upon the center whilst also looking at the abstract may prove a very powerful divination aid if I do say so myself. ETA: it may be a good idea to use a washable marker for the tribal... sort of change it up as you feel fit... or think about your question when crafting the abstract... methinks that'd be pretty cool