PDA

View Full Version : New book coming out in January!

Lupagreenwolf
December 31st, 2009, 02:10 AM
Just wanted to pop on here real quick while I was wandering around playing on other threads. I have most excellent news--my newest solo book, "Skin Spirits: The Spiritual and Magical Use of Animal Parts", is due out in the next few weeks! It's based on over a decade of personal experience working with hides, bones and other animal remains in artwork and spirituality, and deals with how to work with the spirits in these remains in a respectful manner. Plus there's practical info on how to care for the physical remains, and a bunch of instructables on how to make various ritual tools. It's the only book of its kind!

For more info, or to preorder, check out http://www.thegreenwolf.com/skinspirits.html

Rae'ya
December 31st, 2009, 05:52 AM
Oooh Lupa, I'm snapping this one up real quick! While I don't mind trawling through taxidermy sites to learn about working with animal parts (and have learned a lot in the process, both useful and not so useful for my small scale intentions), having a book devoted to this will be much, much appreciated. Especially when it's specifically written with the spiritual and spirit-work aspects as a focus. Looking forward to this one :)

KenazFilan
December 31st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to pop on here real quick while I was wandering around playing on other threads. I have most excellent news--my newest solo book, "Skin Spirits: The Spiritual and Magical Use of Animal Parts", is due out in the next few weeks! It's based on over a decade of personal experience working with hides, bones and other animal remains in artwork and spirituality, and deals with how to work with the spirits in these remains in a respectful manner. Plus there's practical info on how to care for the physical remains, and a bunch of instructables on how to make various ritual tools. It's the only book of its kind!

For more info, or to preorder, check out http://www.thegreenwolf.com/skinspirits.html

And here I just asked you what you were up to publishing-wise. This sounds great: I'm looking forward to reading it!

Ben Gruagach
January 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Sounds really interesting, Lupa. I'll be looking for it! (I just preordered it from your Green Wolf site.)

Lupagreenwolf
January 12th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Rae'ya--I hope you like it; you'll have to let me know!

Kenaz--Heh, good timing, eh?

Ben--Thank you so much for the preorder!