PDA

View Full Version : Cocoa butter- my nemisis

Moonlite Faery
January 26th, 2010, 04:40 PM
ok so I have been working really hard on some new awesome blends to make salves and balms. So far so good....now for my nemisis- cocoa butter >_< I went the stingy route and saved a few dollars and bought a 1lb of the stuff, and its solid...and in a white plastic tub. Oh how I wish I had bought the wafers grrrrr....So my question is this, does anyone have an easy way to break it down? I make small batches, so I need about 3 oz of the butter at once, it was a pain in the arse just chiseling away to get 1 oz....oh my poor hands lol

WanderlustAfar
January 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Have you tried softening it in a tub of hot water?

Moonlite Faery
January 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I did try that today except the pot that I have is the one I use to make the salves/balms and I discovered that the label's ink washed off, quickly putting an end to that attempt. Dont want anything foreign getting on that pot- even if I do clean it thoroughly I want to be careful :) Just going to have to get the wafers next time

Corvis Canis Latrans
January 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Bathtub. Or the sink full of hot water.

If your tap water doesn't get hot enough, you can always pour in hotter from the stove or something.

TheWomanMonster
January 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Bathtub. Or the sink full of hot water.

If your tap water doesn't get hot enough, you can always pour in hotter from the stove or something.

Yep that's how I've done it before.