PDA

View Full Version : Astrology books?

AmethystLavenderain
February 12th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Hey Everyone!

First off, I just recently found Mystic Wicks, and have been lurking around reading posts and such, figured I would say hi. ^_^

I have been searching for solid books on astrology, preferably comprehensive. I have been wanting to learn astrology for quite some time now, but I get so *many* mixed messages from various sources. I suppose with a subject like astrology there's bound to be a huge influx of information.

Some people say there's books to avoid (Not well written) etc. After searching the 'net I'm still not finding anything that seems solid to me.

Any suggestions of good coursebooks, tutorials, comprehensive books on astrology, for someone to concisely *learn* correctly? Any help is appreciated!

Blessed Be,
Amethyst

Valkie
March 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM
If you're serious about learning, avoid anything that says "only book you'll ever need". They are superficial and only just scratch the surface.

My fav is Noel Ty, but his stuff is rather advanced and will go over the beginner's head.

I suggest to start with your own chart. I spent about a year studying mine. Trying to understand where my quirks come from and such. After that, I branched out to how my quirks react to those-who-are-closest-to-me quirks. (hubby and kids, best friends, etc) A good beginner's book and approaching it this way, you'll learn more than if you just found a comprehensive book.

After that, read who ever's chart you can get a hold of. I read for my friends, my friend's friends, my friend's co-workers, my co-workers, the forum here. At first, it was always with the fair warning that I was 'just starting'

When you find yourself finding the same information over and over again, without finding the answer you're looking for, then you'll be at the point of in depth planet study.

PS. Studying human psychology will be a great help in learning how to read the planets.

Xander67
April 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I have always found Parker's Guide to astrology helpful as far as understanding the technical elements and such, but as far as the geometry and qabbalistic aspects you can get really overwhelmed.

Try starting out with an Indepth study of the History of astrology.. Pre Greek Edits and such..

Prior to the 18th Century, There was just ONE science.. Astrology and Astronomy were studied alike.

The Ancient Egyptians used a more complex method of calculating the motions of the known planets and constellations than that of the Greeks who focused moreso on the Philosophical than the Hermetic aspects of it.

It can be as simple or as complex as you want to get.
:spaceman:

Xander67
April 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
When you find yourself finding the same information over and over again, without finding the answer you're looking for, then you'll be at the point of in depth planet study.

Is that the same as being lost in space? :hahugh:

I feel like that sometimes in my study.

BeautyQueen
April 5th, 2010, 06:39 AM
My friend was also fond of astrology, plants and stars so i gave her gift on her birthday and she was jumping :boing:i
It is reasonable and good one to start with.

http://www.amazon.com/Only-Astrology-Book-Youll-Ever/dp/1589793773/ref=sr_1_1/178-3136011-2478506?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270463690&sr=8-1

Valkie
April 6th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Is that the same as being lost in space? :hahugh:

I feel like that sometimes in my study.

lol. I remember going through the astrology section at the book store and thumbing through them. Hubby standing beside me and me saying "Doesn't anyone do anything different than the basics!?"