PDA

View Full Version : Chakra Meditation

hummingbird
April 14th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I've been doing a little research on mediation in regards to chakra's. My mentor here had suggested that perhaps my chakra's needed to be cleared. I had started meditating on my root chakra. The meditiation that I used was imagining that I was polishing the Chakra. Rubbing away all the dirt so it was clear to function properly (I just made this idea up when I was laying in bed having trouble sleeping). However while surfing on the internet I discovered a website that claimes it is dangerouse to focus only on one Chakra and that it is important to work on all of them at the same time. Has anyone else heard of this? Could anyone else give me other mediation idea's for clearing my Chakras? Or any websites to help. I don't often get time to sit in front of the computer for meditation. I have a 2 yr old that keeps me very busy. So meditating right before bed is the only time I have to myself.

I also have another mediation question. I have been having trouble with getting to sleep and staying asleep (Going through an increadibly stressful time in my life and it's going to go on for months ). Does anyone have any good meditations that encourage sleeping?

LCapulet
April 15th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Well I often concentrate on one chakra (heart) and haven't heard any dangers of neglecting the other chakras - but the thought that it could be a dangerous practice worries me a bit. Would it make them unbalanced?

As far as sleep goes: I had a very stressful, 6 year divorce. In the beginning, my normal sleep pattern was completely ruined. My brain would race, my heart would race, if I fell asleep it would be for 15 minutes and then that was it for the night. Doctors put me on meds after 4 nights with no sleep and I had enough. I have always been an avid meditator, but mediation did not work either because if you can't concentrate, you can't meditate.

So I found (I think it was on Ebay) a set of cds for subliminal thoughts put to extremely relaxing sounds. I slept like the dead. Plus, the cds were cheaper than my copay for 1 month prescription of Ambien.

Nyxchik
April 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM
In my experience there is no "danger" in focusing or meditating on one particular chakra, especially if you feel that you need the attention in that area. I haven't see the particular website to which you're referring, but perhaps they were warning not to allow an imbalance with your other chakras by spending too much time immersed in the others...
For example, I tend to spend a lot of time on intellectual and ethereal (spiritual) stuff (6 and 7 chakra), and sometimes I feel a little spacey or air-headed, not grounded. I think it's because I've ignored those lower, more primal chakras. So if I do feel that way I spend a little time grounding or focusing on first and second (or just go for a walk in the woods, sit on the ground for a while, etc- does the same thing).

Just listen to your body- it'll tell you what you need. A lot of times I will start a chakra meditation generally (all cleansing), then sort of go intuitively to where I feel I need to focus. I do the same thing for clients when I do Reiki, and it seems to work well. Again, the key is to trust your instincts.

It may be just me, but when I focus/meditate on my root chakra, I feel pretty energized (not sleepy)- this is the area for primal energy, so I'd probably have a hard time going to sleep if that were my focus... :)

On a side note, I've got a really cool CD (somewhere!) that facilitates the best chakra cleansing I've ever done. You can either do all of them or focus on one. There's a quick all over 'tune-up' or a longer more indepth meditation. I will find it and send you the info if you'd like.

~nyx

hummingbird
April 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
On a side note, I've got a really cool CD (somewhere!) that facilitates the best chakra cleansing I've ever done. You can either do all of them or focus on one. There's a quick all over 'tune-up' or a longer more indepth meditation. I will find it and send you the info if you'd like.

That be great. I'm just starting to learn about chakra's and meditation. I have a book called Eastern Body, Western Mind. But I found it dry in the past and hard to read. Now I'm attempting to cleanse y chakra's again because I know they're out of balance. Any information (CD's or literature) or great websites could also be helpful!:D

Nyxchik
April 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
It's Monte Farber's Chakra Meditation- we bought the kit but found that we only use the CD. the cards that come with it are pretty tho, and I am sure could be used to meditate on a particular chakra that you're working with. Here's a link to their site, although you can buy it at other places as well:
http://www.theenchantedworld.com/productshowcase/productshowcase.php?Subpage_ID=29005&Product_Detail=1&Product_ID=4003&Ecards=