PDA

View Full Version : How does One Verify Imbas?

odubhain
May 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Druids and Seers among our ancestors frequently were asked to answer questions and to face the unknown in instances where all other efforts had failed. To do this they often had recourse to Imbas, Gnosis or Pathworking types of journeys. This was how some forms of new knowledge came into their cultures.

I'm seeking answers that are provided in the tales and also new, modern ways of doing this. Such knowledge is understandibly viewed with sjkepticism by many CRs. I personally think it's important to keep an open mind on such things with an eye toward proof and validation rather than having some kind of Victorian, closed-minded, knee-jerk reaction.

ISTM that one path opens up a future for traditional ways while the other closes down any attempts at reconstruction; smothering it as a child.

Searles O'Dubhain

Seren_
May 16th, 2010, 04:34 PM
What makes you think it's viewed with skepticism in CR? I know a few who are working on various forms of seership, and I've had a go myself in the form of reconstructing my own ritual for performing the frýth...

TheWomanMonster
May 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
This is a tricky one, regardless of your path.
I'm one for the 'if it feels right to you' camp... but I'm interested to know what others feel.

odubhain
May 16th, 2010, 10:58 PM
What makes you think it's viewed with skepticism in CR? I know a few who are working on various forms of seership, and I've had a go myself in the form of reconstructing my own ritual for performing the frýth...

I've directly encountered skepticism from CR folks as well as opposition to seership among them is why. I don't think you are the type of CR that I'm remembering however. Most of the ones I'm thinking about would tell you there's little authentic information left for determining how it was done. I even had one faliciously ask me if I chewed dog meat before seeking imbas and if I didn't then I wasn't doing it correctly. Maybe some of these folks have mellowed over the years but I haven't experienced that personally.

Searles O'Dubhain