View Full Version : Geraniums

May 21st, 2001, 04:57 PM
I recently replanted three Geraniums to larger pots and placed them out by the pool. It is rather hot and dry by the pool but I water them every day and check on them. They are getting sunburnt and not looking happy...should I put them in a cooler spot or are they just upset because I moved them (will they get better)????

Poor Germies,

Sahu Djet

Yvonne Belisle
May 21st, 2001, 05:02 PM
Mine always liked some shade.

May 22nd, 2001, 09:59 PM
I will move them and see if they don't perk up! :)

Sahu Djet

May 23rd, 2001, 12:55 AM
Believe it or not, Geraniums are happier if they're potbound. Put them back into the smaller pots or put them all into one larger pot and they'll perk up again, betcha.

Silver Venus
May 23rd, 2001, 07:09 AM
Good Luck ~ Hope they recover back to beauty very soon :sunny:

May 23rd, 2001, 10:39 AM
Our geraniums get so large (and this includes the flowers) that we have to cut them back several times in the year. They are planted on the north side of the building and only get shaded sunlight during the summer months. The soil here (San Joaquin Valley, Calif.) is somewhat sandy and they get watered perhaps once a week, or when the ground becomes too dry.

May 23rd, 2001, 12:00 PM
OK i am going to get more shade, plant 2 together, and water not so much, eheheh, this has to work! My blue thumbs just won't turn green!!!

Sahu Djet

May 23rd, 2001, 12:39 PM
Do not put them back near the pool!!The Sun reflects right off the water!!Good Luck!!:cool: :sunny:

May 23rd, 2001, 11:50 PM
They could also have been getting doused with chlorine as it evaporates from the pool (according to a local source).

Yvonne Belisle
May 23rd, 2001, 11:52 PM
If you can get them growing well they make for great cuttings. They are very simple to propigate a jar of water and a window sill works wonders.

May 24th, 2001, 02:25 PM
MM! I am glad I found out all the problems! Poor things werent looking good :( and I repotted them yesterday, put them closer to the house, and hope they heal. I have never planted flowers and my bf's mom just said " Oh they are just adapting" adapting my hinnie! :mad: Thanks for saving the germies! :heartthro

:D Sahu Djet :D