PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Faeries Oracle deck

Darkbookworm
June 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I had been reluctant to buy this mostly because I felt like the Fae couldn't possibly be trying to talk to lil old me, that their presence was misunderstood, or I was getting my wires crossed with my very Fae receptive daughter or husband.

Lo and behold, they have been talking to me, it just took a few clue bats to the head to get that across, so I would stop looking around asking "You mean me? really? are you sure?"...

Flash forward to flipping through the deck for the first time, and I got such goosebumps all along my arms, even the hair on the back of my neck stood up just from looking at each card. So many of them I recognize, or feel is familiar in some way to me. I also cupped them in my hands and funneled energy into them, asking "Will you work with me?" the response was a whisper, but very clear. "Yes, if you listen..."

The card that jumped out for me was the one named Sylvanius. While looking over the card trying to see why it called to me, a voice in my head asked "What does one have left to learn when all they have learned is rules and legality?" That nearly made me drop the cards, and for the life of me, I couldn't answer in a way that wasn't trite and shallow. I haven't cracked the book yet, I wanted to get a feeling from the cards before labeling them with someone else's ideas yet...

Has anyone else had these cards behave this way for them? Just holding them takes my breath away, and my chest feels tight, let alone reading through each one...

Darkbookworm

Kraheera
June 12th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Oh yes. Very nice deck, that one. And scary too, at times. Don't crack it open unless you're ready for answers, let me tell ya.

Darkbookworm
June 12th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Oh yes. Very nice deck, that one. And scary too, at times. Don't crack it open unless you're ready for answers, let me tell ya.

Yes, very scary indeed. The feeling of my stomach dropping from my body when I hold the cards is a very intense, and new feeling. I told my husband that this is the most alive deck I have ever had, the cards make my hands tingle and warm.

I am ready for answers, I have put this off due to fear and self doubt for almost a year, I know it is time for me to stop hiding and face my fear.

Thank you for your reply, I wasn't sure if many people had experience with this deck.

Kraheera
June 12th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I'm no expert with it. I have it, and I occasionally pop it out, but right now I'm busy syncing with my Gilded Tarot. I LOVE that deck.

And I love the Faery deck too, but I'm not sure I want to invite those energies in with my baby nearby. LOL. He's crazy enough right now as it is.

Darkbookworm
June 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I have had a hard time finding a tarot deck that worked for me, so I have plenty of energy to devote to this deck. I think I might have that tarot deck, but I got it without the book, and no clue what the cards were saying....

I know what you mean about the baby thing, I am currently 21 weeks along with our little girl (just found out today), and she has been kicking up a storm ever since I got the deck this afternoon. That combined with the thunder storm earlier, she has been as amped up as I have.

Have been taking a break from the Faeries cards, I want to take this slow and figure out who is talking, and pay close attention to what I am shown or told. I also want to make a bag for the cards as well.

Kraheera
June 12th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Heh, I work intuitively with my Gilded Tarot, mostly.

I am almost to the point where I don't have to reference the book at all. The imagery really just reaches in, and then I get these images of what I mean to say about that card.

But that's me. I work like that.

humangirl
June 12th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I have a few decks, and while the Faeries Oracle is by far my favorite art-wise, I have absolutely no connection to it whatsoever. I don't know what it is. I can't use it, so it's mainly just art...

I also have Healing with the Fairies oracle, the Goddess tarot, and a Radiant Rider-Waite deck. They all work pretty well for me.

Darkbookworm
June 13th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I have found decks that don't work for me too, but I agree with you that the artwork is amazing.

Thank you for your replies everyone, I greatly appreciate it

wolf
June 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Darkbookworm, your experience with the Froud Faeries is not all that unusual. Not common, but not unusual for people for whom this deck responds.

The book will help, but it's the connection with the Fae that drives this deck.

If I may suggest, put a little cinnamon on the winds or in a bowl of milk for them.

Darkbookworm
June 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Darkbookworm, your experience with the Froud Faeries is not all that unusual. Not common, but not unusual for people for whom this deck responds.

The book will help, but it's the connection with the Fae that drives this deck.

If I may suggest, put a little cinnamon on the winds or in a bowl of milk for them.

Good to know it isn't too unusual, having others who know what I am talking about is reassuring.

I have been studying the cards more and more, and every time I learn new things. I have only read the beginning of the book, where it helps you find your own definitions of the cards. It has been very helpful, and I do feel a huge connection to the Fae.

I will ask them what they like, but both those sound like good ideas, thank you.

Morgane
July 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM
The book is amazing, as well! It will give you insight into the deck that will complement your intuition beautifully.

I have both the Froud faery oracle decks, and find them very useful for personal daily draws, but not so much for full spreads for others.

Darkbookworm
July 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
The book was an amazing read, it opened my eyes to so much. I was worried that reading the book would make my brain unable to see what the cards were saying, but it didn't. It merely clarified the ideas I was unsure of, and helped bring more depth to all the cards.

I am sorry to say I was neglecting my studies and the cards, I have been on bed rest for preterm contractions (I am now 25 weeks) and unable to focus on much of anything. The medicine they gave me made me sleepy all the time, so I spent much of my time sleeping, or vegging out on the internet.

It seems the cards are a bit grumpy with me now. I tried to do a reading with them earlier, but after several shuffles and 3 different layouts, all the cards came up upside down. Some of them spoke to me, such as Arval Parrot, seeming to remind me that I have not lost my voice, just have been neglecting to speak up and use it. This applies not only to personal relationships where I have to hold my tongue, but also my desire to write as well. I kept getting a distinct feeling that all the cards were saying "You have been neglecting us, what do you want us to say?"

I am going to try and get close to them again, perhaps sleeping with them under my pillow, and cleansing them with incense or energy later.

On another topic, I want to create a space for the Faeries in our home, but am not sure how to. We bought 3 little houses from a craft store that we plan on painting, decorating, and furnishing them to welcome the Faeries. Just have gotten side tracked with a lot of life craziness and haven't made them yet.

Since I have our daughter who is 5, and a new baby on the way the Faeries seem more attracted to our home. But not any of the ones from legend (the ones who take children or hurt them), only the ones who like to hide our car keys and play with our cat.

Kraheera
July 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
My friend actually set up a Faerie Garden in her back yard. She hung up lots of sparkly things, and made room for htem. Seems to have worked otu for her. Why not do that for your home? Make the houses nice, and set up a little outdoor retreat.

MoonAmethyst
July 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Braid Froud came out with a second deck, and that deck is beautiful as well. I always use 3 or 5 cards at most when I'm doing readings. I love how open it is and how the cards make me feel whenever I'm using the cards. This is my favorite decks, I don't usually use my Tarot cards anymore cause of this set. I love Braid Froud decks and the Zen Oracle, I think Oracle Decks work most for me. :)