PDA

View Full Version : Soul Retrival

notluad666
June 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Has anyone here ever done any shaman like soul retrival the things I've read about it sounds like it's a scary adventure and very dangerous.

Lady Fang
June 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
The only shaman ritual I've taken part in was cord cutting, but girl incorporated Egyptian ritual style as well. Getting your cords cut every couple months is something I would recommend to everyone. It severs all negative ties to you. I always feel so much better afterward.

notluad666
June 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'll have to look into the cord cutting, if it's as good as you say it is everyone in the world needs to get it done, Lol

RoseKitten
June 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
On the original topic: it's only something I've heard about. I've never taken part of it though.

As for cord cutting? It's not something I recommend you do unless you know what you're doing. And cutting cords at random is a bad idea. Cutting cords to toxic people, places, and things, can be good though. I've only ever cut from a specific person once, but I have done a general "cut the cords to things that bind me from progression" sort of thing. If you cut cords improperly, you can actually hurt yourself, or end up further bound to what you are trying to cut.

Lady Fang
June 13th, 2010, 09:27 PM
On the original topic: it's only something I've heard about. I've never taken part of it though.

As for cord cutting? It's not something I recommend you do unless you know what you're doing. And cutting cords at random is a bad idea. Cutting cords to toxic people, places, and things, can be good though. I've only ever cut from a specific person once, but I have done a general "cut the cords to things that bind me from progression" sort of thing. If you cut cords improperly, you can actually hurt yourself, or end up further bound to what you are trying to cut.

The Girl explains at the beginning that is to cut your ties to only negative things (Health problems, toxic people, etc...). She also explains everything in detail before you even start.. I'd never do it without first sitting in on one though.
As far as being further bound to thing you are trying to cut, we had a person at our last cord cutting have this happen. The Girl who performs the ritual tells you that when you come up to think of nothing but your feet, so that you stay grounded. The person who became more attached, was thinking of the things that needed to be cut. Therefore it was like having a little Tank sitting there waiting to explode. The only thing you do when that happens is to keep writing down what you cut and keep burning it. then come back the next time and do it again. Following instructions properly the second go around.

monsnoleedra
June 13th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I have done shattered soul retrivals. Yes they can be not only scarry but dangerious. At times it's like dealing with a multi-personality person where one moment it's a child, the next a scared teen then a hostile adult or any combination inbetween.

It's like having a handful of eggs your trying to juggle and one is always in the air. Then even when you get it to come back it still may take days or weeks before the soul parts rejoin. If the spirit body does not accept it back the part will shatter off again. If the part is to scared and refuses to open up it will still shatter again though this time it's even harder to find when it does.

The shattered part may take the form of an animal instinct. It may take the form of a closed off event in which it is stuck reliving what ever trama it was that caused the break.

There is no one size fits all situations in it.

Cutting cords all I say is that far to many create thier own fragments because they do not know what, where and when to cut the cords. They do not know how the cords are attached in multiples becasue of the way the event is attached to them.

Take it's someone special to you. You go in clip the cord and think your done. The problem lies in the fact you forgot they were also your fist sexual expereince, the first time someone gave you something, the first time you were kissed, the first time you brough them home, the first time you felt really good about your self. On and on they go and it's not just one thread that is to be cut.

That does not even take into account the leeching of one thread into another. The inseries of connections where the though of love for instance has thousands of clinger componets wrapped about it as each occureance that you find to be love is encapsuled into the major thread you call love.

Each thread like a rubics cube in that there are many facets that all form to make one memory or connection.

notluad666
June 13th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I read article that one famous shaman wrote that said soul retrival is where you travel to different realms and try to retrive some part of a soul from some nasty monster type things, and thats where I heard that in astral travel you could die because thats what the shaman is doing, though she is not going to the astral realm but a different one of infinite number of realms. I'll try and find the link so everybody can read it and knows i'm not crazy. Ohh ya she said she had to go to some different realm and find a heart for someone.

monsnoleedra
June 13th, 2010, 11:30 PM
One thing I have noticed is that many times a soul fragment is more a Spiritual or spirit thing than a physical thing. For instance one goes searching for the spirit of ones heart not the physical thing we would call a heart. As it being a spirit it may take any number of forms.

Here are a few links to things I've posted in the past about soul retrival.

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=225337

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=225209

Shamanic Journies but parts are referenced in Soul retrival

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=224077

Polypseudonymous Rex
October 29th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Ok, normally I try to stick to the topic of a thread without digressing. Here, though, I just want to caution people to be careful about cord-cutting. As MonSno_LeeDra intimated, our cords are seldom tied only to negative or positive experiences. Furthermore, I don't recommend that anyone actually use cutting or burning imagery to remove cords, even if you've determined that you need to remove one. Instead, try concentrating on relaxing the cords until the unwanted parts slip away from you. If you cut the cord, you just leave unconnected fragments inside yourself, and that can be as bad as getting rid of the wrong cord.

Also, this person who does cord-cuttings should be aware that not everyone grounds at their feet. Some people use other parts of the body (the red chakra being one of the most common apart from the feet), but some people (including myself) have even more radically different grounding practices. If she'd tried her method on me, it could have caused energy problems for everyone in the immediate vicinity, and my energy isn't terribly strong.

But on the topic...

I've sought out soul fragments a couple of times, but, in both cases, the person wasn't yet ready to reconnect to the fragment. In one case, we didn't know this until we found the fragment. In the other, we knew the person wasn't ready to take the fragment back, but I still sought it out as part of some initiatory work.

Again, I agree. Seeking out fragments is tricky and dangerous, and I don't recommend anyone attempt it if they aren't well versed in astral travel, psychic self-defense, and symbology. A little background in psychology, even philosophy, probably wouldn't go amiss either. I doubt the experience is ever the same twice; in fact, in one of my experiences, the fragment kept changing forms and popping in and out of existence. I actually needed a trickster spirit's help to keep track of it, which meant I could only keep tabs on the fragment's tricks if I kept watching for the spirit's tricks. It's probably the most difficult thing I've ever attempted, with the possible exception of working with my shadow-self or creating certain sections of my astral temple. I'm not sure I could have actually retrieved either fragment at the time. I'm still not totally sure I could.

omar
December 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Still trying to figure this one out?