PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Modern Warfare 2

BeautyQueen
June 16th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Hi guyz!

Whats your comment on Modern Warfare 2....Lets share the greatness of this game, I personally would like to comment on MW2 in form of a quote

"If a guy texts you back while playing MW2, he has to love you" hehe What you people think?

Share! Thankyou :)

Laisrean
June 16th, 2010, 04:50 AM
World at War is a far better game, in my humble opinion. WAW has zombie modes, whereas MW2 has no such thing. Also, I hate how in MW2 people can drop a nuke on the map and "win" the game even if their team was actually losing pretty bad...

I think WAW is based more on skill, but MW2 is all about killstreaks, luck, and spraying and praying with automatic weapons. Plus I'm more of a fan of the WW2 era in general. The weapons back then had more character. :thumbsup:

BeautyQueen
June 17th, 2010, 10:50 AM
thanks for sharing your views :)

Caesar
June 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Well it depends, are we talking about PC or Console

I haven't played it yet for PC but I played the first one and I gotta admit that I didn't very much like it. The mouse kind of is like a gods controller when it comes to FPS, the only thing you have to be talented in is bussing first.

But I generally loved MF2 on Xbox360, I played it pretty much all day for a little while until I got level 70. Some of the biggest issues were the camping which I didn't see very much of in the first and of course the killstreaks. Overall though it is a good game and if I still had my Xbox right now, I'd still be playing it.

Now as far as WaW goes with Laisrean, I agree. I am not the WW2 fan but the game itself on PC is 5 star.

DoktorSick
June 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
My son got me into playing mw2. The best thing is running with akimbo submachine guns and racking up kills.

Caesar
June 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
My son got me into playing mw2. The best thing is running with akimbo submachine guns and racking up kills.

I prefer Akimbo sawed-off's with the akimbo Uzi's as a sidearm

Laisrean
June 18th, 2010, 01:03 AM

Akimbo is a fun and easy way to get kills, but it is also "Noob" and doesn't take much skill to pull off, which was what I meant when I said MW2 involved more "spray and pray" than WAW does. Another thing I hate about the game is the grenade launchers, and how you can use the scavenger perk to pick up an endless amount of grenades, which is stupid...

The only time I ever use grenade launchers is if I'm doing a challenge, because I think its a lame way to get kills. At least in WaW you get 2 grenades and that's it... in MW2 with scavenger you can pick up an endless supply of them.

Laisrean
June 18th, 2010, 01:07 AM

I wish MW2 had a zombie mode, because Akimbo sawed off would be a lot of fun. :toofless:

I don't think MW2 will ever have a zombie mode added to it though, because a different company made that COD game than the one that made WaW...

Caesar
June 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I wish MW2 had a zombie mode, because Akimbo sawed off would be a lot of fun. :toofless:

I don't think MW2 will ever have a zombie mode added to it though, because a different company made that COD game than the one that made WaW...

Yeah that would be fun.

& yeah that is depressing, I didn't like the zombie mods on the first MW though.

Laisrean
June 18th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Black Ops will be made by Treyarch, who are the same guys who made WaW. Frankly, since I am more of a fan of WaW than MW2 I am happy about that...

Some people like WW2 and some people like Modern, but Black Ops will be set during the Vietnam era which is about exactly half way between WW2 and Modern so I think that's a good balance, and it will probably make everyone happy.

I'm especially relieved because it has confirmed that tactical nukes won't be in Black Ops.... lol, I hate those things.

Caesar
June 19th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Black Ops will be made by Treyarch, who are the same guys who made WaW. Frankly, since I am more of a fan of WaW than MW2 I am happy about that...

Some people like WW2 and some people like Modern, but Black Ops will be set during the Vietnam era which is about exactly half way between WW2 and Modern so I think that's a good balance, and it will probably make everyone happy.

I'm especially relieved because it has confirmed that tactical nukes won't be in Black Ops.... lol, I hate those things.

I'm more of a modern combat lover, maybe from my military history. Not really a fan of Vietnam or WW2 but if the gameplay makes up for it, I won't mind favoring it.

Woden's Spear
June 23rd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Tac nukes are cheap.

AC-130 is win. LIGHTNING FROM ABOVE. Bolts from the blue. I love using it, especially on small maps. I'm always getting multikills with it. Not many people use the AC-130 effectively, but all three fire modes see action when I'm controlling it.

I play this very seriously...prestiged about three times.

DoktorSick
June 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Akimbo is a fun and easy way to get kills, but it is also "Noob" and doesn't take much skill to pull off, which was what I meant when I said MW2 involved more "spray and pray" than WAW does. Another thing I hate about the game is the grenade launchers, and how you can use the scavenger perk to pick up an endless amount of grenades, which is stupid...

The only time I ever use grenade launchers is if I'm doing a challenge, because I think its a lame way to get kills. At least in WaW you get 2 grenades and that's it... in MW2 with scavenger you can pick up an endless supply of them.

It I would it depends on the map. Some maps are better suited for akimbo.
And scavenger kicks ass ! I use that with rpg and light machine gun.
I out to have fun and I use whatever gets me the most kills. My nick I share with my son is Doomkid888 . Look for me and watch out for head shots.

DoktorSick
June 23rd, 2010, 06:07 PM

oh yeah akimbo sawed off is hella fun !

notluad666
June 28th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I think the modern warfare 2 maps suck except for like 2 of them.