PDA

View Full Version : Grounding and centering

RoseKitten
August 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Okay, so it's constantly mentioned that one should ground and center. I agree, if one is starting out. Actually, I don't think there is any safer thing to do when you're first starting. But, have any of you moved beyond that technique? I can't stand to ground or center now, because I have adapted my energy differently. Grounding and centering actually makes me feel less energetic, and empty.

Basically, instead of centering, and holding that internal ball of energy associated with it, I collect all the energy I come in contact with, and "attach" it to my aura. Outside of this I have a shield in place to help control it, and keep it from attracting energy that is toxic.

What other methods are out there?

Cake-eating_Moth
August 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe since you recalibrated how you deal with a certain amount of energy, you can actually feel balanced with your technique. However, if I have too much or too little energy, I feel off, sick, too tired, or too hyper (the kind that makes a person shaky).

In essence, when grounding, there does need to be a cleansed energy running from the top chakra down into the lower ones to replace, balance and purify the energy that was formerly there.

If one grounds without replacing the energy they let flow from their body, and then try to center, it makes sense that they'd feel more tired than before they did it.

There is a very good technique called "Buddha Palm", where you draw purified energy in from around your body, bring it up to each chakra starting at the top, interlace your fingers, go around each chakra three times, in three repetitions, and push the energy down past your other chakras. Then you move onto the one below it, repeat, and so on. This removes blocks of energy in the chakra, leaves the purified, balanced energy in it's wake while pushing the blocked energy downward and away from you. It works extremely well for me, and I say that if it works: Use it.

Falling Star
August 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I just evoke and call on the Gold ray of christ every day for healing energy and protection i don't have to shield or ground that way.

I also evoke the mahatma energy to evolve rapidly, it accelerates spiritual growth.

Lena C.
August 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hmmm.....come to think of it, I haven't really been grounding and centering the last year or so. Usually if I have excess energy I just work it off somehow and apply it to something until my "buzz" goes away. I have felt a little sick from time to time after, but that is usually because I need to replenish any energy lost. I think maybe once you've been working with energy for a long time, you get to know the nuances of working with energy and have less of a need to ground and center? I don't know. I have kinda been having issues with something along these lines lately.

I have noticed the last couple weeks my levels of energy have been increased drastically on a constant basis. Has anyone else had this feeling lately? I am wondering if it has something to do with planetary alignment and the meteor shower the other night, or if I have just somehow jumped a level in the amount of energy I can handle for some reason. I haven't even been able to ground the energy, because I just develop a massive headache, & it comes back within a short amount of time up to that same higher level. My friend has been experiencing something similar, but we've both been working with higher levels of energy than previous the last few months. It's like I have a constant energy buzz that just won't go away. What do you think?

Shanti
August 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I dont ground, center, shield or any of that. Haven't for many years.
I prefer to learn from everything including neg and so called bad things.
Learning is what I prefer and I feel I cant learn as much limiting myself to just pos energy nor to just pos entities.

IMO there is much to learn from everything and since IMO there is no pos or neg, that leaves only learning. Some learning is harder (AKA neg or bad) but theres nothing wrong with a good challenge. ;)

IndigoRising
September 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I personally use a meditation I came up with(Or was sent to me) of slowly transforming myself into a tree. feeling my roots sink deep into the earth, the wind in my branches the sun on my bark. I hold this image with as much detail as I Can get my roots drawing energy of growth from the earth and releasing energy that may have staled for rejuvenation , allowing the Sun to poor energy into my leaves and growth to explode around my senses, the warmth thinning thickened sap to send it racing through my arteries in a cleansing wave. then if particularly troubled I allow the stormclouds to roll in and cleanse my outer surfaces with torrents of water, cleansing all the negativity from me and my environs before they move along and the sun returns to caress my form with life and growth once more..

it has always worked well for me *S*

CelestialFire_Sai
September 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
If you're wondering, I'm guessing that grounding and centering techniques are different for everyone... and sometimes similar. The point is it depends on the person.

I for example don't exactly ground and center due to my energy type. My body ends up Pulling the energy out of everything and sucking it to my core like a black hole, although into my soul. So I developed a form of meditation for my energy type that I use for "grounding" so to say, I just focus on not absorbing energy from every single thing around me. I than Focus the absorption on the earth's energy and the energy of the spirit realm so i can bridge between the two easier.

IanCorrigan
September 13th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Basically, instead of centering, and holding that internal ball of energy associated with it, I collect all the energy I come in contact with, and "attach" it to my aura. Outside of this I have a shield in place to help control it, and keep it from attracting energy that is toxic.

What other methods are out there?

First, I think there's only the vaguest notion, out in Pagan-land, of what 'grounding and centering' might mean. I've tried to clarify with these definitions:
'grounding is connecting personal energy with a source outside of and greater than the individual'
'centering is arranging energy-flows in the body in an ordered and sustainable way.'

So for me, G&C consists of opening myself to the flow of earth and sky energies (since that's the symbolic cosmos in which I work), and setting up the flows of energy along a central channel with a kind of 'field' that includes my body.

I've used those methods for so long that they're second nature to me now. I often g&c in any stressful situation, or when I want to be poised and collected.

In ritual and magical practice, it usually takes about three breaths to re-establish the pattern, and then I go about the work of the rite.

So, what techniques are we all referring to when we say 'grounding and centering'?

Lowpriest
September 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
In my tradition there is no real centering after ritual, at least as far as I've been taught. I do essentially the same thing that you do, I use all of that energy and empower my sura with it, it makes the day or night move much more smoothly.

Windsmith
September 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I have to do both grounding and, well, I guess I'd call it "skying", or I feel unbalanced.

AlAskendir
September 19th, 2010, 06:12 AM
...grounds with each step he takes. He walks right through magickal circles without disrupting them. Wild animals interact peacably with him. It is as if he has become magick instead being a person doing magick.

If grounding tires you, how are you re-energizing? Humans have one great metaphysical similarity on this planet and that is: trees. If you have over-developed your "roots", perhaps it is time to pay attention to your "branches" and your "leaves".

Centering, as far as I have learned, is not about energy, it is about where you perceive yourself as perceiving from. Western culture tends to teach and program us all to center and stay in our heads, while Eastern cultures and Tai Chi tend to teach us to center in the center of our bodies. It is certainly easier to access intuition when perceiving life from the dan tien, and to react neutrally or positively to surprises. Just moving from being centered in my head to centering in my dan tien tends to alter my consciousness, which generally makes the work of magick happen faster and more easily, for me.