PDA

View Full Version : Non Pattern Reader Needing To Make Baby Gift!

Lilith Morgaine
August 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I've been crocheting and knitting for about 5 years (self taught) and have never attempted anything more than scarves, blankets, etc. because patterns confuse me to no end! My dear friend is having a baby boy in a month and they are doing a *monkey* theme for him. I would LOVE to be able to do something spectacular like a crocheted stuffed monkey, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that, lol. Seeing as how patterns make me feel like I'm not only dyslexic, but reading Japanese as well, what do you suggest so I can make *something* for my friend's son.

I am a very visual person, but there's no one around to "show me". I've tried an assortment of books and online videos to no avail.

Can you help? Included is a pic of the path I had in mind.

Thanks in advance!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YQYGbsnPJLg/SsFslIG3Q-I/AAAAAAAAQy0/YzqvOJRNQnM/s400/104.jpg

halfwaynowhere
August 20th, 2010, 02:45 PM
what kind of help do you have in mind? Have you found any patterns you have been able to follow? I can probably write out a pattern for something like that, but i'm not the best with words. Maybe if there is a pattern or instructions you've found that work for you, i can try to follow that format to explain how to do this?
Would step-by-step pictures along with instructions help? I might be able to put something like that together.

And are you wanting to re-create that bib, or did you have something else in mind? I don't have a lot of time, but can probably come up with something this weekend.

Annorah
September 6th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Sorry for the late reply :(

I just wondered whether you could break the monkey that you want to make into shapes and then sew them together - rather like making a patchwork picture.

Hope this helps a bit - let us know how you get on.